PDA

View Full Version : GTA3 in March hahahehehaha

Toonz
01-03-2002, 08:50 PM
Looks like GTA3 will be here in March. Start saving your cash. I realize it won't be much better than the PS2 version but it's still a must buy in my books

http://www.gamespy.com/games/3466.shtml

StUmPy01
01-03-2002, 09:20 PM
will it be the same as ps2 or will it not be. because they are takin the ps2 one off the shelves, oh sh it

bigguy316
01-03-2002, 10:07 PM
are these pics from the ps2 or X-BOX version of the game?

LynxFX
01-03-2002, 10:13 PM
Those look like xbox pics but please, pleeeeeease tell me that they are working on integrating AA in this game. Those are some harsh jaggies especially the first pic. The others aren't too bad.

Toonz
01-03-2002, 10:25 PM
As far as I can tell they are Xbox pics :^( Granted its not gonna be a graphics marvel but I have played the PS2 version of this game and it is awsome. I'm just glad its gonna be on Xbox even if its not as good looking as it could be. GTA is a great series.

On a side note this game was only pulled of the shelf in Austrailia and it looks like its gonna be back there in february anyways for Aussie PS2 owners.

KrowMaGNeMMaN
01-03-2002, 10:37 PM
GTA3 for the XBOX is suppose to have some new graphics as well as some new missions (rumor so far) but the graphics for the XBOX verison look so much clearer. I cant wait to pick it up for XBOX, as for it being discontinued for Sony (that was a rumor also)

XBOX ROCKS!

Gdiguy
01-03-2002, 10:45 PM
one little odd thing - in that article linked by that page (about the australian version getting pulled) they have someone from take two saying there are no plans to release it on xbox...

probably has just changed since then, or the person didn't know what they were talking about, but still... :)

Pimpn419
01-04-2002, 04:19 AM
Hey guys,

I've heard the same rumor about pulling GTA 3 off the shelves.. but I've also heard that If It's still coming to xbox the violence Is going to be taken way down.. this will ruin the game If It's true.. I sure hope not. I'll probably buy this game If they don't tune down the violence and If It's better than the PS2 version. Personally I'd rather have Wreckless than GTA 3.. exspecially If they really tone down the violence.

-Matt

LynxFX
01-04-2002, 04:23 AM
I haven't heard about the violence being turned down. Judging by the screen shots it doesn't look like it has either. Cops are shooting him at point blank range with blood squirting. Maybe you won't be free to kill everyone around you? People dodge out of the way ala crazy taxi?

That would suck though.

Dog Of War
01-04-2002, 04:33 AM
Not soon enough in my opinion if they're just porting the game.

Pimpn419
01-04-2002, 04:43 AM
yeah, I'm afraid they might do something like that.. If so, I'm not going to buy the game for xbox! My brother has the game for PS2 but I never play It so...

and he wishes he would have gotten an xbox even though I already had one!

-Matt

pukkaboy
01-04-2002, 08:33 AM
yay!!! Some real screens!! thay look alright i suppose. It might just be the same as the ps2 tho. :(

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 11:38 AM
I'm afraid to say that I have never played GTA3...but, I'm curious, how does this game differ from a playability and graphical standpoint to Max Payne?

manboy
01-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Basically there is a huge city, and I mean huge, and you're just thrown into it. You can do whatever you want then, carjack people, drive around and wreak havoc. Walk down the block with a baseball bat, beating up everyone you see, stuff we don't really get to do in real life =b Total freedom, of course the cops will be on your arse in a jiffy, but that's where it gets fun, hehe.

Aside from that, there is missions you can do by going to your various connections to the mob, which kinda sucked in previous GTA's but are actually pretty cool here. They ask you to do various things like assassinations, being the driver for bank robberies, getting rid of bodies, etc etc.

I loved the first GTA a loong time ago when it first came out. Now that I played GTA 3 at my friends house, I can't friggin wait to get my hands on it for Xbox and have it all to myself, lol. The game has awesome awesome replay value. The missions alone will take you more time than most other complete games to finish. The great part is that there is so much more to do, because you can do whatever you want. The missions are totally optional (well you need to complete them to open up more areas of the city). I would write more but I just got home and I'm d*mn tired, heh. There is definetely much more to write about it and much more to do than what I mentioned. Very very open game.

pukkaboy
01-04-2002, 01:21 PM
If you went out and bought each game maximus, this is what you should do with them

max payne - in the bin

GTA 3 -in the box

I'm not saying that max payne is rubbish. Hey its one of the best games i've ever played. Its just that you will have no time to play it if you get GTA3 because by the time you finish GTA3, Max payne 2 will be released. Get it?

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Manboy and Pukkaboy...I appreciate the replies. But, I'm still a little unclear. Don't get me wrong...I plan on getting GTA 3...but, because I have Max Payne, I'm just trying to figure out what differs or what similarities are in the gameplay and graphics in GTA3 vs Max Payne.

I have a great idea what GTA3 is all about. And, quite frankly, this game sounds like a must buy in my book. I'm just trying to learn a little more about it from a gameplay and graphical standpoint. Thanks thus far :)

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-04-2002, 01:31 PM
Finally, proof that it is coming. Thank you.

*stores $50 in an envelope named GTA3*

:D

mattcoxonline
01-04-2002, 01:31 PM
GTA3 shouldn't be anything but top-down 2d (with 3d buildings) gameplay....

pukkaboy
01-04-2002, 01:41 PM
oh, sorry, umm.... OK!

Both games are from a third person perspective. They look pretty good aswell. Max payne is definately alot more detailed than GTA3. Probably because it is on the ps2. But anyhow, some of the camera angles in gta3 while you are on foot are not so good. I never noticed any problems when playing max. Hmmmm what else.....CARS!! None drivable in max payne. About 50 differant types drivable in gta3. and when you do a big jump, time slows down like in max and it looks like some cool action movie. the mooving about on foot is the same though. also, better guns in max.:cool: and bullet time kicks ass.

hope that helped :)

Supperdog
01-04-2002, 03:01 PM
i hope they dont "tone it down" :(

manboy
01-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Graphically, Max Payne will be more detailed, as it is a lot smaller and has to model a lot less stuff.

GTA3 has a 3rd person perspective, and I believe you can switch to the classic top down view as well. The graphics will most likely be average because, well, they have to model a gigantic city to which you have access to from the beginning. So think 3rd person perspective, you get dropped in an alley when you load up the game, you have an option to go to someone to get a mission, or just run around and do whatever you want. Replay value is enormous like I said before, hehe.

Max Payne is a linear 3rd person perspective shooter. Great game, but I would call it a rental as it is pretty short. I had it for PC, played it through once and that was about it. Fun game, but if I had a choice to buy either one of them, I would be all for GTA3. Much, much greater replay value.

manboy
01-05-2002, 01:12 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/reviews/15548.html

Maybe that review will help you out too.

Markus_Kalarkus
01-05-2002, 01:27 PM
cant wait !!!:D

sinizuh
01-05-2002, 03:49 PM
the GTA series is the best... except the second one... didn't like that... GTA3 for xbox is gonna rox.

Supperdog
01-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Please god dont let them tone down GTA3...:(

Pimpn419
01-06-2002, 02:40 AM
Too many models In GTA3.. you think tha'ts why the graphcs aren't as detailed as Max Payne? Well, what about Wreckless.. that's gotta be the most stuff going on In a game ever!!

-Matt

VGAcesal21
01-06-2002, 03:17 AM
I have played GTA3 for the ps2 and I found it to be one of the best games I have ever played. I know the Xbox version will be better without a doubt and I will pick up a copy on it's release day. Will they tone down the violence? I don't think so. They gave the game a "M" rating for a reason. It's an adult game with an appropriate rating. The GTA series has always had a cloud of controversey surrounding it, these rumors just feed the hype and sell more games for Rockstar. Hell it has alot of peeps here hoping they can get their hands on a copy before they "tone it down".

ukwasp
01-06-2002, 03:18 AM
Ok gta3 is amazing u can drive past a street of of prostitutes and gun them all down with ur uzi but then u get da cops on your tail and the more u run the harder it gets with more cop cars more hard ass weopens aimed in your direction and a helicopter buzzin in ur ear is all u need so get this game to get the gta3 experience.

Pimpn419
01-06-2002, 03:32 AM
you can also shag with the prostetutes too...

-Matt

ukwasp
01-06-2002, 04:07 AM
Oh yer i heard about that u go into a buildin with the girl and u see ur money level go down lol.:D ;)

pukkaboy
01-06-2002, 07:23 AM
i think you can do it on grass too, i did it next to a road and people just walk by like normal :D

Brian
01-06-2002, 09:56 AM
It will more than likely be edited.. :l

The Terminator
01-06-2002, 10:11 AM
GTA3's combat system really stinks, that is my only gripe with it. You have to hit a button so your guy will aim, and sometimes there'll be a cop poppin' your ass from 2 feet away, and you'll hit the button, and instead of targetting the cop, it'll target a civilian off in the distance, while the cop is wasting u.

Max Payne really kicks its ass in that department. When you get a gun like the sniper rifle or M-16, you get an actual aimer that you can move yourself, so there's hope in that deparment. You can not, however, shoot ppl when they're in a car, even when firing sniper/M-16 rounds through the windshield.

Supperdog
01-06-2002, 12:21 PM
PLEASE OH PLEASE DONT LET THEM TONE DOWN THE SUBJECT MATTER IN THE GAME! :eek: AIEEEEE!!!!

Snoopy7548
01-06-2002, 12:34 PM
they wont tone it down, theres no need to, you have to remember, the xbox has the parental control, so theres no need to tone the game down. and if they were gonna tone it down for the xbox, dont u think they would have at least done or said something about the ps2 version?

Pimpn419
01-07-2002, 03:36 AM
People have in fact already said they're taking GTA3 off the shelves..

I have pulled up to a prostetute In a car, she hopped In, we went to a remote area, and you see your money go down.. and the car starts shaking and rocking.. lolz.. It's quite a site! Except when you change the view to look in the car.. she's In the back seat (with her clothes on) and you're In the fron seat just sitting there. I think they could have atleast made that aspect more believable. It's still funny as **** though..

-Matt

Supperdog
01-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
they wont tone it down, theres no need to, you have to remember, the xbox has the parental control, so theres no need to tone the game down. and if they were gonna tone it down for the xbox, dont u think they would have at least done or said something about the ps2 version?

thank god :o

l Maximus l
01-07-2002, 05:32 PM
If anything, the XBox version of GTA3 is going to be a little more graphic in that limbs and crap are torn off and stuff :D hehe

Supperdog
01-07-2002, 07:28 PM
fabulous :)

When is this supposed to come out again?

Snoopy7548
01-08-2002, 06:53 PM
the xbox version might be toned down, i heard that theyre pulling the ps2 version off the shelves and releasing a less violent version. i hope the xbox version isnt toned down.

Supperdog
01-08-2002, 08:20 PM
NO THEY'RE NOT!!!

/rabid mode *ACTIVE*

Snoopy7548
01-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog
NO THEY'RE NOT!!!

theyre not?? i heard that they were. and a few of my friends also heard that they were.

Supperdog
01-09-2002, 05:12 PM
I dont know for sure but I WILL not believe it! :eek:

cgg
01-10-2002, 10:21 AM
You can have sex with the prostitute. Then you can beat her up and take your money back. Last I checked, this was rape.

I REALLY hope they remove this aspect. It's disgusting. I don't know how you all can laugh. :mad:

Hugh_Jass
01-10-2002, 12:03 PM
I think it is more accurate to term it as assault and theft because the actual sex was by consent.

Rancey
01-10-2002, 12:43 PM
For the millionth...billionth...possibly trillionth time GTA3 is getting toned down in Australia, not US...at least not at this stage, and the reason for this is the beating and theft of the prostitute in the game and Australia doesn't (yet) give games an R rating.

cgg
01-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Yes, but the consent was based on a monetary agreement. Taking away the money takes away the consent. That's my view.

But I seriously doubt anything will be changed.

Snoopy7548
01-10-2002, 05:56 PM
dude, its not rape. rape is forced sexual "activity" or whatever. it would be rape if the guy just threw her in the car and forced her to have sex. beating her and taking the money is stealing. beating someone and taking their money has nothing to do with rape, just because it was after sex doesnt mean that its rape. its the same thing as you saying "i heard that a guy beat a guy and took his money, it was rape"

cgg
01-11-2002, 09:48 AM
No, sorry. Laws show otherwise. Rape is based on freely-given consent. In some situations, consent cannot be freely given (like if one of the parties is underage - or if the party was drugged), or it can be coerced. The situation in GTA3 is coercion. Not exactly force (you're correct there), but coercion because the consent had stipulations. If you don't intend to follow through on those stipulations, you are indeed coercing sex out of someone. When the situation in GTA3 happens in real-life, it is considered rape. I swear. It doesn't get prosecuted often, but that's a whole other discussion.

I'm not just making this up for fun. I used to love this game. Driving the bus around was just too much fun. But I'm terribly disappointed in this version because it presents rape as entertainment. Rape is just too common and ignored in society for me to accept it as entertainment.

*back to lurking*

wizkid918
01-11-2002, 02:58 PM
i dont think its rape, i think its the guy getting his money back for a poor BJ... but thats just me, and im buying the game the second it hits shelves

Snoopy7548
01-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by cgg
I'm not just making this up for fun. I used to love this game. Driving the bus around was just too much fun. But I'm terribly disappointed in this version because it presents rape as entertainment. Rape is just too common and ignored in society for me to accept it as entertainment.

yea, rape isnt very funny when you think about it, it can ruin a persons life. but there is no rape in the game. rape is sex forced upon someone without their consent, and the prostitute gives consent. beating her after and stealing the money back is murder or manslaughter (i dont really know what manslaughter means) and stealing.

Supperdog
01-11-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
For the millionth...billionth...possibly trillionth time GTA3 is getting toned down in Australia, not US...at least not at this stage, and the reason for this is the beating and theft of the prostitute in the game and Australia doesn't (yet) give games an R rating.

God bless ya, Jason :)

ALEX DA PIMP
01-11-2002, 08:03 PM
well you dont have to worry anymore about gta3 because the people at x box say that there are no plans for gta3 to be released anyway. confirmed at x box.com i was speaking to their service rep about gta3 and she said "no gta3 games are planed for the xbox at this time." so there you have it. Isn't life grand?:( :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Frostberg
01-11-2002, 10:13 PM
Im sure there will be...no reason to say otherwise...I think with the market for games like GTA3 I dont think rockstar & Take Two Interactive will turn down the money...Xbox gamers typically are older and have more money to spend ($300 console and something like 2.7 games sold with system), and as you can see by the success of Halo, violent games do well...granted GTA3 is more evil crime like but its insanely fun and im sure any game developer/publisher likes $$

manboy
01-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Consent matters in all rape cases besides statutory rape (based on age). What happens in GTA3 is prostitution, not rape.

Frostberg
01-11-2002, 10:44 PM
more important, what happens in GTA3 is more real lifelike than any other game, I guess people that are anti-GTA3 should also petition the red-light districts or the mafia...Id fully support them if they choose to petition the mafia. Then we can finally live without their cry baby censorship, if the mafia does what they do best!

Vteck3000
01-12-2002, 10:45 PM
I would like to now if the reason GT3 is not coming to XBOX is because of the violence or because it's set in NEW YORK CITY. I have heard a lot of people tell me it's because its set in New York and not because of the violence. If it was because of the violence why did Bill agree for Max Payne to come out on the XBOX. That game has violence .............. and llllllllooooooootttttttssssss of it :cool:

redrum237
01-13-2002, 11:30 AM
It Not In New York City It Is In Liberty City

Snoopy7548
01-13-2002, 04:06 PM
yea, but liberty city is based upon new york city, in the first gta, i think when u select the city on the map, liberty city is where nyc is supposed to be