PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Question.

Madhattr
01-01-2004, 12:39 AM
I've been playing Morrowind for a couple days now and somethings been bugging me. Now I got this sweet ass armor and it has a armor rating of like 36 and its worth low hundreds, now my problem is I just killed this orc guy and his armor has a ****ty armor rating like 16 and its worth like $1000! Does this seem messed up to anyone else?. Now the only other difference is that it has twice the condition value. Can someone explain if it is better to have a high condition on your armor or have a high armor rating. I get a similar problem with weapons too. The book says a high armor rating is good but doesn't get too much into it. I searched for a common post but didn't find anything.

Xorg
01-01-2004, 01:08 AM
The better the rating for the armor the better, and the better your skill with that armor is the armor rating increases so lets say that you have level 40 light armor and the 36 armor rating and u probably have some low level for which ever the 1000 gold worth armor rating is, so if you were to level them up the same then you can tell which one is better, and btw later on in the game 1000 gold wont be much

Slacker
01-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Dragon bone cuirass.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Daedric Cresent mmmmmmmmmmmm.......Morrowind .....mmmmmmmm..like crack.....hey wanna killer sword , seach the guard towers in Balmora ones just stiiting there begging to be taking ..oh yeah..the daedric face of god helm ..bear claw helm ......man I miss that game I sold it because I was/am gonna buy the GOTY edition

Peepers
01-01-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Slacker
Dragon bone cuirass.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Daedric Cresent mmmmmmmmmmmm.......Morrowind .....mmmmmmmm..like crack.....hey wanna killer sword , seach the guard towers in Balmora ones just stiiting there begging to be taking ..oh yeah..the daedric face of god helm ..bear claw helm ......man I miss that game I sold it because I was/am gonna buy the GOTY edition

This is pretty irrelavent to the query, espescially for a beginning character.

To the poster: It depends on the skills. If you have a very high heavy armor skill and a very low medium armor skill, you would get a higher armor rating if were wearing mediocre heavy armor than if you were wearing really good light armor. Same with weapons. If you specialize in long-blade, you'll be better off with a mediocre long-sword than you would be with a really great axe, for example. So you need to find good items that coincide with your skills.

Slacker
01-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

This is pretty irrelavent to the query, espescially for a beginning character.

you said query :rofl:...next are you gonna ask me my Thac0:rofl:...just joking, I knew it wasn't even close to what he was talking about, but morrowind derserves worship, its a great game , and if I Knew what I could obtain when I first started , I would of been stoked , and when I did learn what was out there to search for it brought a whole new level of enjoyment ,

Madhattr
01-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all your replies, it's all clear now. This is a pretty amazing rpg, it has a couple downfalls but great none the less.

robnyack
01-02-2004, 05:00 PM
been playing for about a week.....I LOVE this game.

I'm hooked.

Lord Vivic
01-08-2004, 07:59 PM
Actually you are all wrong.The price is based on not just waight,and defence.Armer is based on its rareity,defence,weight,type,if it is makeable or not,and what type of people were it,and who it belongs to.

armyof_one/ltd
01-08-2004, 09:08 PM
I have been playing this game for mor than a month and I recommend that you also try leveling up your unarmored skill, cuz if you wanna travel instead of doing what Caious Cosades tell you it lets you pick up more stuff if you dont carry unnecessary equipment.

Lord Vivic
01-10-2004, 02:00 AM
i have tried that,but its not my style of play.