PDA

View Full Version : Warning: GTA VC DEFECT

ferrari
01-01-2004, 10:19 AM
ROCKSTAR HAVE AN ERROR IN FABRICAION : IF YOU HAVE GTA VICE CITY AND IT FROZE YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE. and i think its because of the importation(its not made in canada or in U.S.A)
SO THEY probably have made a disc thats is not related to our country and for those who are in u.s.a don't buy GTA DP in the stores that can't have returned

LiquidX
01-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Ummm... are you going out for most attrocious grammar award? Most of the freezing in the GTA DP is due to dust on the lense, thomson drives, and just way too much happening at the same time. It could be the fabrication process but I think thats a very slim chance. And if the disc wasn't in NTSC format (which is out countrys format) a normal Xbox wouldn't play it at all.

Reclaimer
01-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Is there an official statement by Rockstar concerning this? If this is mass wide scale issue, then they would surely know by now considering how long the game has been in production in the US for the xbox.
I wouldn't jump to any conclussions until you can fairly rule out your own equipment for causing the fault. Then I would see if there is an official word from the manufacturer.
I may be wrong, but I haven't heard of a game recall due to a faulty game for the xbox. It may have happened, but I haven't heard of it. This doesn't discount that this could be the first either, but I'm curious when it comes to games freezing up, how much could be attributed to a dirty lense on a xbox as opposed to saying it's a faulty game.
If you own this game, I think you should check with Rockstar. Even send them an email if you can't find any info to see if such a glitch really exists.

Doom3_
01-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm confused, what is the point about posting this?

LiquidX
01-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Doom3_
I'm confused, what is the point about posting this?

HAHA, your one to talk...

mitch2025
01-01-2004, 12:44 PM
the only problem ive had was some audio offsync in one of the cut sceans but it fixes right after the scean is over so it doesnt bug me to bad. other than that i say mine works fine

BunnyRabbit
01-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Well my probs... I thought it was horrible the custom soundtracs were choppy...it froze and sped up all the time... But I found out that was the fault of my crapped up thompson drive. The game works fine on my friend's xbox... And has only frozen once in all the time weve played it.

ScorpionX
01-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes, this is true and is happening to plenty of people. I don't think Rockstar has said anything concerning it, so I doubt they will anytime soon. :mad:

MaxPain
01-01-2004, 02:17 PM
mine will have a slow down/choppy effect when alot is going on at the same time.. it may freeze once in a while.. no big deal.. :\

kenji
01-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Mine froze a lot, but then my drive was bad, so I don't blame the game, yet. I find myself saving a lot more thatn I usually would, but what can you do?

Try boiling the disk. I found out about this from someone on this site and it does work. What you do is:
Boil some water
Place the disk in the water with the label face up for 30 seconds
Let it air dry
Wash it with cold water then dry it with a towel or something

Then it works pretty well. Strange, huh?:eek:

oldi1knoby
01-01-2004, 07:40 PM
My brother has a PS2 and we have always had a problem with freezing. It only happens with VC and it always happens when you are later on in the game.

Edit: Try boiling your XBOX if boiling just the Disk doesn't work.....

Shadow20002
01-01-2004, 08:04 PM
I have enough playing it on PC, don't plan to get a Xbox version. :)

MikeMan91389
01-02-2004, 02:14 AM
mine works fine.. froze a couple times, no biggie... doesnt change how often i play/save etc.

xbox genius
01-02-2004, 02:48 AM
crap this dont sound too good for me especialy about what liquid x said... i never have GTA or VC freeze on my xbox... and i have my xbox since launch and it is a thompson... crap!!! all of a sudden i see threads that talk about the defects of games and xbox that is always fits my xbox descriptions... :cuss:

.... at least i dont have any problems yet with my VC... it never froze.. and when it does i do know that i have a thompson drive and one or 2 freezes here and there dont bother me too much.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-02-2004, 06:17 AM
I got GTA DP and the game never freezes for me. Its the new version of the console. People who bought the xbox on the launch date, they will have trouble with the drive. They got the old version of the Thompson drive. What they need is the new version. Trust me, I believe its the age of the console, not the game. PS2 has the same problem due to the drive. My mate got the old PS2 and GTA didn't work properly, so he bought a new one and the game worked perfectly.

TuffEagle88
01-02-2004, 09:47 AM
I've played my DP quite a bit and only once has VC froze on me.

and dude, I'm pretty sure that almost all games are manufactured over seas and imported. Your nintendos are made in Japan, so are your PS2s, and I don't remember if the Xbox is made in Japan or Mexico.

ferrari
01-02-2004, 01:56 PM
My gta vc did froze sometimes, but now it don't... I CAN'T EVEN START IT. :cuss: COME ON!!!
ITS NOT FUNNY AND I AM SURE THAT THEHALF OF THE ONES WHO REPLYD DON'T HAVE GTA DP

Casper
01-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ferrari
My gta vc did froze sometimes, but now it don't... I CAN'T EVEN START IT. :cuss: COME ON!!!
ITS NOT FUNNY AND I AM SURE THAT THEHALF OF THE ONES WHO REPLYD DON'T HAVE GTA DP

WHY THE CAPS LOCK!?!

First - Fix your keyboard.

Second - Stop accusing companies of something that isn't their fault - not totally at least. But it could very well be the lens on your XBox - have you thought about that? Probably not because your too busy putting the blame on other people rather than yourself for not having a clean Xbox.

Get a lens cleaner and if it still screws up - contact MS tech Support to get your XBox fixed. Then, see if it's the game.

DJ_tsugaru
01-02-2004, 04:35 PM
So far for me it froze on GTA 3 not VC. Seriously no big deal. just restart your xbox.

LiquidX
01-02-2004, 05:07 PM

I DO have the GTA DP and it has only fronze ONCE. It happened after hours of play while I was blazing down the street changing the radio station and doing a whole bunch of crap. Im telling you, you probably have a Thomson drive, or a very dirty Philips or Samsung.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-02-2004, 05:18 PM
I still blame the drives. Old version of the Thompson drive needs to be changed.

A simple solution to all of this: Get rid of your old xbox and buy a new one.

TuffEagle88
01-03-2004, 11:27 PM
I thought that I remember someone saying that they called the Xbox helpline and they told him to send in the old box witht the thompson's drive and they replaced it, but its just a vague memory and if I am remembering it right it was probably still under warranty, but give it a shot if you've got an old drive.

ferrari
02-07-2004, 03:55 PM
wHY does everybody think its the drive...I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT GTA DP FREEZES AND NONE OTHER GAME FREEZE SO IF YOU WOULD BE SO PEACEFULL TO STOP ACCUSING MY POOR (maybe not) XBOX!!!!:cuss:

Duke
02-07-2004, 03:58 PM
wHY does everybody think its the drive...I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT GTA DP FREEZES AND NONE OTHER GAME FREEZE SO IF YOU WOULD BE SO PEACEFULL TO STOP ACCUSING MY POOR (maybe not) XBOX!!!!:cuss:

Because people had problems w/ the old drive and haven't had them w/ the new.

Are you seriously this retarded? Or is this just your way of making friends?

Casper
02-07-2004, 04:09 PM

Why not admit that it's your Xbox rather than faulting everyone else? And stop using the dam caps lock - you're sounding like an annoying 11-year-old fanboy that just figured out how to use the Internet.

Fix you're Xbox and stop blaming other games. I just got a new one and all of the games that were freezing up on me before are no longer - so zip it and go buy a new one.

Shadow20002
02-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Anyway, i won't picking a game that are already being classed in old category.

SgtSavage
02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Ok, this happened to me to. It gets to the loading screan and got to the end and did nothing. It happened because i used cheats. DONT CHEAT. This may be your problem. If you did. Go delete your GTA VC file and restart. It took me 4 time to relize cheats **** the game up!

ALC
02-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Rand i think its because of the importation(its not made in canada or in U.S.A)

You're right! Rockstar Games is the best video game developer in croatia though, so you can't complain really.;)

DocHoliday78
02-07-2004, 06:33 PM
calm down there buddy. Its just a little problem. Casper gave you some tips on what to do and i suggest you do it.

Slacker
02-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Okay ,I posted a Fix for some freezing problems I had on GTA DP mostly VC , just delete down your soundtracks , I deleted mine from 55,000 to 14,000, and ,1. I rarely if ever get a freeze, 2. I can have alot on the screen going at once and nothing happens and I have a thompson drive , if you don't have a bunch of songs , then delete old OXM demos and other unused data , it should help , it helped 6 of my friends so far with GTA

ferrari
02-07-2004, 08:14 PM
You dont understand!!!...Why all my games Work perfectly, and only GTA DP works awful huh!?!?!?!?!...And i am not blaming nobody, Its because i am not the only one that have problems with GTA VC....and why does 3 works Fine huh??? Can you tell me that!!! STOP BLAMING ME, MY XBOX, AND HIS DRIVE...YOU INSULT IT AND YOU INSULT ME...(We are in the same family:rofl: ) The only games that FROZEN on me' Xbox are:
GTA VC (Error, And i did not cheated)
And THPS4 (My naburs', All sacratched) Think that he wanted to give me Harry Potter (All scratched) or THPS4 (Super scratched,I think he should have sold it for 100 000$ at the museum) for Prince of Persia:yikes: :rofl:

Casper
02-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Ferrari - honestly, if you don't try some of the advice that's given here, I'm just going to close this thread. We have game developers come on this site and read around for people having problems - this is NOT their problem, as others have given you a fix or workaround for it. If you don't want to listen than simply stop trying to bash R* about their game and man up to your own faults.

'Nuff said.

ferrari
02-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Ferrari - honestly, if you don't try some of the advice that's given here, I'm just going to close this thread. We have game developers come on this site and read around for people having problems - this is NOT their problem, as others have given you a fix or workaround for it. If you don't want to listen than simply stop trying to bash R* about their game and man up to your own faults.

'Nuff said.

Why dont you want to understand that its not my drive that is doing this...Its tha game...Do you think its normal that PPL says: It only froze once, Twice, It always freeze, it doesnt work...and i am not doig this thread because i hate GTA VC, In fact its on my Top 5 Favorite games

TuffEagle88
02-08-2004, 09:32 AM
He just wants to get the thread closed. Hes too stupid to understand anything anyone is telling him and won't quit carrying on like a pissed off pre-schooler. Its not the game dude, there is probably nothing at all wrong with it. Have you tried playing it in another xbox?????? Try putting it into a brand new one and see if it runs. You probably have too much crap on your hardrive, an old Thompson drive, or a dirty lense. Just shut up and fix it yourself. EVERYONE is tired of hearing you cry and blame Rockstar and when they try to offer you solutions all you've done is yell and scream.

ferrari
02-08-2004, 10:17 AM
I have tried on a new xbox (When i returned it) and it didnt work...And its NOT POSSIBLE that all my games Work EXCELLENT even the first one i got and GTA VC froze at the 2ND day:cuss:

Casper
02-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Call 800-4MY-XBOX and deal with them - we gave our tips and that's the best we can do.

This is done.