PDA

View Full Version : scratches

gaming_god
01-01-2004, 02:21 PM
i just got simpsons:hit and run for christmas. i was almost done with the final level when it froze so i restarted the xbox and as it was loading up a error came up and said there is a problem with the disc its dirty or damaged. i was just wondering if there was any way to play through it or get rid of the scratches

nutsnyomowf
01-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Try a small amount of liquid car wax.

SnoochyBoochy
01-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by nutsnyomowf
Try a small amount of liquid car wax.

i've always hated you.

gaming_god
01-01-2004, 03:36 PM
ive tried the liquid car wax and it didnt seem to do anything different when i put the disc in. do u have any other ideas?

DocHoliday78
01-01-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by gaming_god
ive tried the liquid car wax and it didnt seem to do anything different when i put the disc in. do u have any other ideas?

I am not sure if he was serious or not, but try returning it and getting a new copy

Ito
01-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Try Vinegar, that's what I use to clean my disc when I get that error.

Kyle Static
01-01-2004, 04:44 PM
I think rather than risking potentially screwing your disc using homebrewed methods, I'd go out and pick up some disc cleaning gel for a measly 5 bucks. Get a soft cloth and rub it in, it usually works. If even that doesn't work, I would consider brining it back if you just purchased it. I hope that liquid car wax didn't screw it up :p

MikeMan91389
01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
wow... ive never heard any of those... yet i dunno if i'd try any of them.... try returning....

Ito
01-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Liquid car wax? Hmm, I'll stick to my Vinegar. :D

people, vinegar works, dont believe me? try it yourself. Try it on an old music CD if you dont trust me. I thought everyone knew about this.. :eek:

Duke
01-02-2004, 12:45 AM
They've got those discman looking things that are supposed to fix it up for you.

No idea how well they work, but I saw 'em at Circuit City last week.

Peepers
01-02-2004, 12:49 AM
It's very possible that the disc isn't dirty or damaged. The DDE (dirty disc error) frequently occurs as a result of a software glitch or some sort of overuse of system resources. Anyone who's played the original Morrowind for any length of time can attest to that.

Just restart your Xbox and try again. If it's obvious that your disc is really scratched up, then that's another issue.

Cryogenic Pyro
01-02-2004, 01:55 AM
Yes, liquid car wax works on most occasions, but this seems most likely to be your xbox, and not the disc.

Anyways, if it is just the disc, try buying a Game Doctor. We had a CD that was screwed up SO BAD not even a CD repair place would've taken it in. We went at it with the Game Doctor for about an hour or so, and it worked after that. Don't worry, it should only take a minute or two with only a few scratches on it.

nutsnyomowf
01-04-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

i've always hated you.

Hate on, Hater