PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT GOTHAM vs GT3

KrowMaGNeMMaN
01-03-2002, 11:09 PM
In my opinion Project Gotham is a WAAAAAYYYYYYY better racing game than Gran Turismo. For the simulation aspect GT3 is better, but for the feel of the cars and the arcade type racer Project Gotham is the best racing game Ive ever played. Reply and tell me what you all think

Spaztic
01-04-2002, 10:47 AM
When I fist played PGR I was like...wow this is the best racing game i have ever seen, even though graphically the game rocks, but the annoying and often cheating AI is unbearable. I will play the game for four hours and unlock a handful of extras....to me the game is to hard (due to the cheating ai) and I would highly recommend people to wait until a better racing title comes to the xbox. otherwise the game is a wonderful piece of eye candy...Not wanting to bash PGR but I feel that the game wasn't worth the 50 bucks, since their are alot more games that hold my attention and don't pi$$ me off....I personally would wait until Sega GT! I love the F50 Though!

.....So i returned PGR for SSX Tricky.....Now i am not a big fan of trick games, but I have to say that this is probably one of the most fun games I have ever played.....Do yourself a favor and rent this game this weekend...you will not be sorry!!!!!

Ground_Pounder
01-04-2002, 11:30 AM
How can you say the AI cheats ? Because it's tough ? It's like that in real life, if you screw up, your not gonna make it back to 1st unless your lucky. This game is realistic in it's tough AI, you have to have PERFECT runs to win, that's what racing is about, perfection. This game makes you perfect every challenge to beat it, that's the way it should be !

leecow
01-04-2002, 11:31 AM
While the AI is arguably a little suspect in spots, it doesn't cheat. Since there's no mechanical consequence for damage, taking out the guy in front of you is a perfectly legal move. This game is not for the weak of heart or someone unwilling to put in the time to improve their driving - it will chew you up and spit you out. It requires that you drive your @$$ off and not make too many mistakes.

Did I forget to mention that I love this game?

Spaztic
01-04-2002, 11:50 AM
I am by all means not saying that this game sucks....I really liked it but it is by far not the best racing game I have played....and that is only my opinion!!! I feel that gt3 is a far superiour game. It has about 4x more cars, the graphics are very close to PGR and the game is realistic. If i have the fastest car in the game no one will pass me on a straitaway......hence the term realistic....it dosn't matter what car you drive in what course in PGR the computer will match your car with cars that are equal if not better. That is why i don't care for the game, and when you have halo, max payne, and fever, PGR holds no interest value.....once again my opinion....now If you like the game that is your opinion, I don't want a game that takes me an hour or two to beat a race or two...its retarded. that is m$ way of making a short game long...If you like the game just shut up and enjoy it

leecow
01-04-2002, 12:19 PM
No problem with differing opinions, that's one of the things we're here for. However there is an inaccurracy in your post that could lead others astray.

"If i have the fastest car in the game no one will pass me on a straitaway"

If I get off a given corner better than you, even in a slower car, you will spend most of the next straight just trying to catch me. If I'm behind you and get through, then off of, the corner better than you, even in a "slower" car, I will catch and probably pass you. If I'm generally better at cornering than you are, especially on street circuits, chances are good that by the end of the race you'll be wondering just how the hell he did that in such a slow piece of junk. Of course this difference shouldn't be taken to extremes like the Mini whoopin' it up on the F50, but the Mini is certainly capable of taking out the Boxster if handled it's handled well and the Boxster is not.

"just shut up and enjoy it"

Gee, I thought this was a discussion forum ;) and I do very much enjoy it.

KrowMaGNeMMaN
01-04-2002, 08:26 PM
its not the game, its the person behind the controller

PGR ROCKS!

Toonz
01-05-2002, 12:20 PM
I'd like to add Microsoft is not making a short game longer by making it harder. If anyone has played Metropolitan Street Racer for the DC which is a younger version of this game it is equally as hard and perfection is required. Unrealistic is when you always catch up just becasue you have a faster car rather than how well you can drive a car a problem of the GT series in general in my experiences with the game.

jetstorm
01-11-2002, 03:39 AM
have you ever read what it says at the begining of the game? "ultimate respect to those who excel in perfection" or something like that. for me, that was the warning label - i knew it was gonna be a biatch from the start but i think its the best racer made to date on any platform. <-- thats a period