PDA

View Full Version : MadCatz Micro Controller

Shorezy
01-02-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey guys, i'm not sure if this has been posted yet so I thought i'd read the user reviews and then actually ask those who have it. Is it worth it? I mean, the adjustment from S to Micro?

I heard that the joysticks (and the basic build of the controller) was sloppy, this from a friend on Live. So i decide to check the reviews. An average of 5.00 out of 5?! I mean yeah I was a little surprised after hearing this 5 minutes earlier.

Anyway, i'm big on controller comfort, response and 'feeling/attatchment' (haha you know the 'sacred bond' between player and controller?). But yeah, if you guys could tell me if this is worth and perhaps compare the S CONTROLLER to it that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

Shorezy
01-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Here's what i'm talking about. Maybe you can just tell us what you think anyway.

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/images/prod/4536_lg.jpg

We know you crave control, and we built the MicroCON Control Pad to take you to the limit. The sleek micro-design provides superior handling while highly-tactile rubberized grips increase comfort and control. Features include dual analog joysticks, fully analog pressure-sensitive action buttons and D-pad, two expansion bays for memory cards or other game enhancers, macro programmability for complex moves and intense vibration capability that lets you feel the action. An 9-foot braided cable gives you room to move around.

This is from the MadCatz homepage. Keep in mind this piece of equipment is TINY. Anyway, bit of a bump, but thanks.

KMSENSEI
01-02-2004, 01:49 PM
I bought the same controller for my son. He is seven years old and the old s controller was just too bulky for his hands. First I bought him a air flow, it lasted a month. I returned it and the store exchanged it for me for a new one. It came broken. So then I exchanged it for this mini controller, he loves it. We have had it for months now, with no problems. I tryed it, and it's a little smaller than what I'm used to. But the controls were great. I guess if I took the time to get used to it, I might like it more. But as for my son, he loves it. So I do recommend this controller. A friend of mine also has this same one and he loves it too. I hope this helps.

Young_Fledgling
01-02-2004, 02:17 PM
my friend has one of these... i only advise u get it if you have very very small hands. its VERY VERY small.

thrAsher
01-02-2004, 02:51 PM
I got one for my little brother to use when he's over. Thing is tiny. Personally, I feel like the thumbsticks are pretty loose right out of the box, and I honestly prefer less give. Still, it is a solid controller. I rarely use it, but when I've had to, I've gotten used to it rather quickly.

DJ_tsugaru
01-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Just like Young_Fledgling said, small handz = Mirco controller. Big handz = the first Xbox official controller.

CRAYMAN
01-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah, it's small...but at least they positioned the white and black buttons where you can actually use them on the Micro.

WTH were they thinking with that recessed button placement on the S controller?!
:cuss:

Ninjermy
01-02-2004, 06:14 PM
i like them alot more then the mega madcatz controllers. theyre ncie and easy to use

Trento52
01-02-2004, 08:02 PM
personally i didn't like it because of size but it is a nice and sturdy controller.

Chaotic
01-02-2004, 09:04 PM
I love my micron controller. I even think the S controller is big now after using that. I have never had any problems with it and i love how smooth the analog sticks are.

Ford Mustang
01-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, I had a bad experience with MadCatz, but I still think it's a great company. I have one of their steering wheels and it's great. If you want, you can go with the Intec Pro Mini 2, I have that (won it here :cheers:) and it's a very good controller, I use it all the time now, and I love the Original controller.

CMX Jedi
01-02-2004, 11:17 PM
piece of sh*t. 3 days after i got it the f**kin thing brakes i hate those things

Ford
01-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I am thinking of picking one up after almost all the post were positive so thanx guys, because i do have small hands

Ford Mustang
01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
YOU! YOU STOLE MY NAME! I AM THE FORD PERSON HERE!!!!

J/K....Welcome to XBA. :cheers:

Ford
01-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Yeah thanx man yeah i've had this name for about 16 years ago cause it is my name so yeah that's why i have it but yeah thanx man

Shorezy
01-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Lol yeah welcome Ford. Great to see another Rogu3 taking interest to the best doll garn xbxo site on the net.

Oh and i did end up getting this controller. I don't have very small hands but i still like it alot. The more i get used to it the better and quicker i am. Closer buttons equals faster movements. Anyway, as a micro owner now, i DO recommend it.

Thanks for you help.

MikeMan91389
01-07-2004, 10:32 PM
SMALL HANDS = SMALL ?????

lol...
my bro sed he used the madcatz thingy, and sed he loved how it worked, and that it fit perfect in his hands (small hands)

OC Noob
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
I went from the original controller to this, have average sized hands and absolutely love it. Best freakin controller I've ever owned. The S controller is okay, but as one person said, the buttons on the microCon are closer to gather and it makes reaction time faster, but more importantly it makes the some what akward black and white buttons very easy to use since the buttons are all placed so close plus they are very close to the right thumb stick. Which the S controller doesn't do as well.

On the original controller I sometimes had to actually look at the controller to find the black and white buttons, the S-controller is much better, but the MicroCon puts all 6 buttons and the right analog stick in a very comfortable distance of each other.

Its like the size of a PS2 controller with the great design of an Xbox controller.

zReDLiNeR
01-08-2004, 01:31 PM
well i saw this controllor in currys and its tiny lol!

i personally still love the 's controller' dunno its just the right size 4 me yea the black and white buttons are in a bad place but you hardly ever use them...

MikeMan91389
01-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I personallly like the button placements on the S, i like it more than in the middle, and having to take my hands off the spots to hit back or start.... I can jst slide my hand to them and tap.. works great

Ford
01-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Yeah i also love the "s contoller" but i wanna see if i can get that faster with the micro and see what it does for me.

Cryogenic Pyro
01-08-2004, 03:37 PM
I haven't had any experiences with this one, but I have with the Intec Mini. The Intec Mini is pretty good, but it is a bit small. The button placement is better, but everything is less responsive than the S.

mrgeorge88
01-08-2004, 06:24 PM
small controllers are cool and all but they just dont match up to the S

Ford
01-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah the s is an awsome controller, no doubting that but i just want to see what else is out there and if there are any advantages

stuckthe3L337
10-24-2004, 01:17 AM
I have normal sized hands I guess, I can easily use the S controller, but I prefer the Microcon. I find it makes me a lot faster in multi player when I need to jump over an enemy and then quickly turn and melee when still in the air. Same goes for reload and weapon change. Also, the white/black button placement is A LOT more thought out than that of the placement on the S.
My left analog is however a litte loose. I am a little disheartened but it still works fine.

SoundX
10-25-2004, 10:35 AM
I bought a Mad Cats Wireless Pad today, looks like crap, but is a very nice pad in terms of feel and quality. My only real complaint is the anolog is too loose so you loose a slight bit of acuracy in FPS.

Not gonna be using this as my regular, my Crystal S Pad still is the best hands down.