PDA

View Full Version : Backing up games.

Dominocus
01-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone. It's a pleasure to be a member. I just got an XBOX for XMAS. I'd like to back up my games on my xbox harddrive. I would like to install a 80g Maxtor. How many games will I be able to save? Can I also save movies? How much space do these babies take? Thanks.:cool:

Brimstone D.
01-02-2004, 12:05 PM
I haven't been on this board for too long, but what I know is that the topic you chose is a big no-no in this forum...No piracy man.

Dominocus
01-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I have no intention of stealing anything. You are way out of line with your unfounded accusation! I just want to be able to take my XBOX to my cousins without the hassle of lugging around my cd's, some of which are certain to get left behind. You have a lot of nerve.:mad:

Brimstone D.
01-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Actually I didn't jump to conclusions, but ok whatever...peace.:watchout: :D :watchout:

Casper
01-02-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Dominocus
I have no intention of stealing anything. You are way out of line with your unfounded accusation! I just want to be able to take my XBOX to my cousins without the hassle of lugging around my cd's, some of which are certain to get left behind. You have a lot of nerve.:mad:

He has a lot of nerve? You're doing something that is against what the Xbox is used for - just use common sense. If everyone was allowed to just copy the game on to their hard drive, don't you think I could borrow the game from you and then put it on mine, and then just pass it along to the next person, and the next one, and so on, so that a game that costs $50 has now been installed for free on to 25 different Xbox's with just one person paying for it? Seems legit, huh? No.

We do not allow discussion of piracy on the site. This is not only limited to XBox piracy, but also to movie, music, software, and other forms of piracy as well. Any discussion or linking to such items will result in the banning of the user involved.

Forum Rules (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/misc.php?action=faq&page=2#rules)

As for your question, no, you can't just copy movies or games to the hard drive legally. Also, this is what CD carrying cases are sold for, for easy transfer of games or cd's.

And do yourself a favor, don't start telling someone else they don't know what they're talking about when you're the uneducated one.

Thread Closed.