PDA

View Full Version : drive question

TrueBelieverUK*
01-02-2004, 03:19 PM
i got the crappy drive, but i've never had any problems wiv it. i have got gta doublepack, and have not touched vc yet as i plan to do 3 first.

i was wondering if a)the drive problems are just american or world wide, so please tell, and the same with b) the vc freezing problems. i bought my xbox a couple of months after it was launched so i guess its a launch console?

anyhelp is good help
TBUK

TrueBelieverUK*
01-02-2004, 03:29 PM
please, i'm scared, really scared

DJ_tsugaru
01-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by TrueBeleiverUK*
please, i'm scared, really scared

lolz... calm down buddy. look at http://www.techtv.com/techtv/index.html/ for help. It's actually a useful resource for me.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
There seems to be alot problems of GTA freezing disc errors, drive problems.
Trust me mate, its world wide and its just the old drive.
My advice: BUY A NEW XBOX.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-03-2004, 04:33 AM
i'm hoping if it does decide to break, stop working or explode ( alot of things that shouldnt explode explode when i touch them:D ) then i hope it does it close to the end of may, so then i could get a new xbox for my birtday, because i dont have the money to buy a new one as soon as it breaks:mad:

ah well, if it breaks then it breaks and i get a new (better) one, if it doesnt then great.

tbuk:)

ps
thanks for the advice

RagunCajun
01-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Thats reeeeal nice. I pay 300$ for mine when it launched and a few days ago my xbox starts messing up like crazy. It's sad that ima have to pay $150-$200 more to get a new or used one. BTW, i have the thompson drive.

OuFtb
01-03-2004, 02:17 PM
RagunCajun- if you payed 300 for yours then it might be covered all ready you could call whatever number it is 1-800-4MYXBOX somthing like that(somone could help here if its wrong) tell them you have a launch xbox and its screwing up, if they still do it they will check your seril # thing if its covered they fix it for free, its atleast worth a shot.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-03-2004, 02:17 PM
i'm suprised no-one has complained to M$, with so many faulty drives

RagunCajun
01-04-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by OuFtb
RagunCajun- if you payed 300 for yours then it might be covered all ready you could call whatever number it is 1-800-4MYXBOX somthing like that(somone could help here if its wrong) tell them you have a launch xbox and its screwing up, if they still do it they will check your seril # thing if its covered they fix it for free, its atleast worth a shot.
thanx a bunch man. I sure will do this tomarrow or very soon. I better do this before i get the sucker modded. once again, thanx man.