PDA

View Full Version : Recommended games

Raiko
01-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi all,

I'm planning on getting an Xbox within a few weeks, together with the games Dead or Alive 3 and Halo. These games are the only ones I played on Xbox so far and I loved both of them :)
I'm also buying the Xbox with the games Halo 2, Doom 3 and Fable in mind.

I was wondering wether there's any other game that is a must-have for Xbox owners ? I already have a Gamecube with several multiplatform games, so I'm really looking for something Xbox only, or games that aren't released on the Cube.

Then, one of the reasons I won't get a PS2 is that the quality of the machine itself doesn't seem to be great. A friend of mine already bought his 2nd, while another friend of mine bought a 3rd PS2. How is this with Xbox ? Do they get problems fast ? Is it possible to play import games without modding them ? (Some sort of bootdisk like Cube or Dreamcast)

Then, what kind of connection is recommended to play on Xbox Live ? Will a regular Cable connection do ?

I guess that's all for the moment, I hope I chose the right forum for my questions :)

Thanks !

Trento52
01-02-2004, 07:57 PM
mechassault
splinter cell
star wars kotor
Otogi
GTA double pack
Project gotham racing 1 and 2
amped 1 and 2
top spin
JSRF
Shemnue
rainbow 6 3
crimson skies

some of those i had or have and some i tried or want to try.

also try more platinum hits for cheap but the ones that sold alot because some of them are just hits because noone bought them for instance crash nitro

Peepers
01-02-2004, 09:10 PM
Rainbow Six 3 (espescially if you have Xbox Live).

Project Gotham Racing 2. (I love this game even though I hate most racing games.)

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (AWESOME)

Morrowind: Gam of the Year Edition (this comes with the original game plus two expansion packs for a bargain price). HIGHLY reccomended.

Splinter-Cell (a great stealth action game).

Xbox Live (Not technically a game, but no Xbox owner with broadband should pass up this gem).

armyof_one/ltd
01-02-2004, 11:08 PM
Yea Cable will do the trick

I recommend:

Halo

Splinter Cell (IF you like stealth-action, REAL stealth)

PGR2 cuz having the first one would be a waste of money.

Amped2

Unreal Championship

Morrowind GOTY

Metal Arms: Glitch in the system

Ghost Recon: Thunder Strike

and JSRF is not THAT good cuz the replay value is 0 or -10

*Live enabled games plus Splinter Cell has 3 downloadable missions

Raiko
01-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the replies

It seems I'm going to add Project Gotham Racing 2 and Amped 2 for now, until I got more money ;)

BananaMan
01-03-2004, 03:35 AM
Sports
ESPN NFL Football 2004
NCAA Football 2004
TopSpin
Amped 2

FPS
Counter-Strike
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Ghost Recon
Rainbow Six 3