PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park Checks out Halo 2

Discretion
01-03-2004, 01:15 AM
http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi/article/EpZElVZElVjCmzzDgp/tmpl/xxt_zc_template/prof/dev

Linkin Park is my favorite band, but they have pissed me off once again. Well, this is the first time. Damn them! :(

RagunCajun
01-03-2004, 02:51 AM
kinda sad you have to be famous to play it first. Ah well. Glad for em.

Sexaya
01-03-2004, 03:37 AM
I have a cousin who's father is Vice President at Microsoft (one of 23 vice president's), and he's getting Halo 2 in a few weeks - he's a tester. ******* I'm so jealous!!! :cuss:

Hard Boiled Cop
01-03-2004, 04:43 AM
Well thats life. Make good use of your life. Read my sig

gerbil
01-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Not only does Julia Roberts stay up all night to play Halo ...

really ~ .... *hhmm...*
interesting ... i wonder if any of us had played her in xbc ...

*hhmmm...*

bobby9989
01-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Sexaya
I have a cousin who's father is Vice President at Microsoft (one of 23 vice president's), and he's getting Halo 2 in a few weeks - he's a tester. ******* I'm so jealous!!! :cuss:

If I were you I'd go to my cousins house often in the next few weeks.

CMX Jedi
01-03-2004, 10:35 AM
god F***in s*** a** licking son of a b****s!!!! I HATE THEM

No Fear 23
01-03-2004, 11:54 AM
well thats good to know that they are testing it bc it means its almost done and will comeout early

Sexaya
01-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by bobby9989

If I were you I'd go to my cousins house often in the next few weeks.

I would, but he lives in Seattle while I live in Israel. Damn, that sucks :eek:

CC-CRC
01-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Have him "accidentaly" loss his copy in the mail in a box addressed to you. Lmao.

l Maximus l
01-03-2004, 04:06 PM
To my understanding, there are people playing the Halo 2 beta on XBL :)

AM Static
01-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Yeah, they probably need to make sure that it works fine. Its just that those are top Bungie guys that get to do that, not just any old gamer. :p

No Fear 23
01-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

thats good news bc its damn near finished and will most likely be out in Q1 or Q2 if everything runs well as they test it

E Nomini Patri
01-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by CC-CRC
Have him "accidentaly" loss his copy in the mail in a box addressed to you. Lmao.

Bungie has the beta test on their debug Xboxes, not on discs.

Rockraven posted this in that Halo 2 spoiler thread:

From Bungie Online Team member David Candland:

When Halo 2 is in beta mode, it won't be on disk but will require the tester to own an Xbox debug/development kit with a DVD emulator drive. In order to beta test Halo 2, you will need to have one of these, which, consequently, will require you to be a licensed Xbox developer.

Of course, any licensed Xbox developer that is outside MS Game Studios is our competition, so you can logically assume we won't be sending out beta versions of Halo 2 outside MGS. And even inside MGS, only those with permissions set are able to prop a build from our internal server.

So- there is no way to beta test Halo 2. There is no waiting list. There is no email to apply for one. When Halo 2 nears completion, there may be internal playtest opportunities, but if anyone tells you they have a beta disk of Halo 2 you can rest assured it is complete hogwash.

It doesn't get any clearer than this. The other thing to remember is this: any beta testers for any Bungie game will be REQUIRED to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). Posting about their experience (or boasting to their friends) would be grounds for a lawsuit.

RhinoSaur
01-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Sexaya

I would, but he lives in Seattle while I live in Israel. Damn, that sucks :eek:

FLY, you fool!