PDA

View Full Version : What games are good for a newbie

dcuozzo
01-03-2004, 06:29 AM
I am new to the XBOX community and I wanted to know what games are good for beginers to learn on. Or does it not matter and jump right in. And Get Halo or some game like that. I know games these days are allot more involved and complicated then the ones from the past, Nintendo, SEGA and PS1. I am showing my age but I have the time now where I could get back into gaming. So your help is appreciated...

JJaX
01-03-2004, 06:38 AM
Most games offer a novice level. Id recommend picking up any game YOU want. And learn the controller on the easier skill levels.

:cheers:

Donnie_B
01-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Do some homework on games you have seen or heard about. If you like them, then go for it. Look for a style that you like, say first person shooter. Also, you mentioned Halo. There is a double pack out for Halo and Counter Strike for like $75. (thats Canadian $'s), but I believe that it is offered State side as well (?USD$?).

One last bit...

I rented a lot of games to see if I like them enough to buy. Sometimes an extra few days of rental are all I need to get a fill of a game.

Brasco

Hard Boiled Cop
01-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Give the new guy some slack and tell him the games.
Halo
Splinter Cell
Jet Set Radio Future
Project Gotham Racing 2
Amped 2
Motogp 2
Dead Or Alive 3
GTA double pack
Crimson Skies and more...

Buy magazines.

CMX Jedi
01-03-2004, 10:32 AM
when i got my xbox i got midtown maddness 3.but i got bored with it,thani got Live thanit was fun for months...than i moved on to more challenging drivers like PGR2.

TuffEagle88
01-03-2004, 11:09 PM
what Hard Boiled Cop said except that maybe jet set radio, it is really easy to control, but I don't really care for the game and I don't really think its worth the money.

It all depends on what you like, but don't be worried about the controls or not being able to play the game, did you know how to play pacman or pong the first time you saw it??? probably not, but the levels are progressive. I liked Splinter Cell, Halo, Sega GT 2002(which isn't the best racing game but I like it) also the GTA double pack is a good deal, but it may turn you off to gaming if you aren't used to seeing ridiclious amounts of blood spuing from superficial wounds.

nhslax212
01-03-2004, 11:14 PM
all i can say is figure out wat game type ur into...go on sites and check magazines

BunnyRabbit
01-03-2004, 11:22 PM
As an Xbox newbie.. Each and every game will be a heaven to you. Xbox games are a whole new thing. You will love it.

Recommend:

Halo
JSRF
Counter Strike
Amped
Amped2
PGR
PGR2
Max Payne
Max Payne2
Ghost recon/Ghost Recon IT
Silent Hill3
RS3

all good

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
As an Xbox newbie.. Each and every game will be a heaven to you. Xbox games are a whole new thing. You will love it.

Recommend:

Halo
JSRF
Counter Strike
Amped
Amped2
PGR
PGR2
Max Payne
Max Payne2
Ghost recon/Ghost Recon IT
Silent Hill3
RS3

all good

wheres crimson skies! top spin! espn nfl f00sball! ahhhh there are billions that u'll like man, just rent if ur not sure bout them... o, how bout Unreal Championship- its not tooooo bad. sum hate it, sum love it... but i just got it for 5 bux, so who cares if its good for 5 bux?!?!

NY89
01-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Really....It all depends on what type of game you want to play. I don't really think there are games really meant for "newbies" and not. i Mean if you're 8 you're not really gonna be playing RS3 or CS but still...

Professor Kaos
01-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Halo
Mechassault
Moto GP 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Star Wars: Knights of the old republic
Tom Clancys: Rainbow Six 3
Project Gotham Racing 2
Need For Speed : Underground
Tony Hawk 4 or Underground or both
Morrowind Game of the Year Edition

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you have a broadband connection I would recommend pickin up Xbox Live

Young_Fledgling
01-07-2004, 12:03 AM
most n00bish game i can think of:

FUZION FRENZY!

NY89
01-07-2004, 01:34 AM
Yea basically any game is good for soemone who just got an XBOX

CRAYMAN
01-07-2004, 11:08 AM
HALO...'nuff said.

CRAYMAN
01-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, my 5 yr old plays the dog outta HALO.
He was a Halo junkie at 4.
Also heard of girls who never played first person shooters before but after Halo, they're hooked.
I was also out of the gaming mainstream for a while...I had the Genesis, then Playstation 1 but stopped playing 'til Xbox. Now I'm BACK.
So whatever else you get...get HALO.

RagunCajun
01-07-2004, 11:31 AM
I duno about that moto gp 2 game. It is one of the coolest and best racing games i've played. I find it was a very very hard game. I guess i never really took the time to master it. I only done 1 rookie season and some online playing. It is well worth the money though. so i take back what i said. Get it.

Also get halo man. You cant get an xbox without halo. If will provide alot of fun and replay value.:D

Spaztic
01-07-2004, 04:23 PM
alot of the newer games have tutorials built into the game for the first level or so. You should just pick up a game you will like.

I suggest:
NFSU - Racer
HALO - 1st person
ESPN Football - Sports
Soul Caliber - Fighting
Prince of Persia - Action\adventure

SiN
01-07-2004, 04:27 PM
If your new... You should probly buy and Xbox mag... and get a demo disc and look throught the mag and look at games