PDA

View Full Version : "Halo"

Doom3_
01-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Out of the last 17 posts i've only said 1 thing involving halo 2 hl2 or doom 3. Well I ahve somthing to say about Halo so I geuss that ends the streak. A person I know told me how great Halo is, and after having a long argument he convi ced me to play it again. He said that if I didn't like it he'd chew gum he found off the street. So I played it again for the first time in two years and who woudda geussed I really liked it! I actually bought the game. Anyway I still don't think it's the best game on xbox but i'd say its about tenth. The game only had two major problems, 1st: It is WAY to easy I started off at "Heroic" and beat the game in about a day. But the biggest problem I think is that they rushed it to get it out when xbox came out. There are a lot of mess ups (glitches) in the game. Anyway I would like to apoligize for the halo $(-)!t i've said, and if you did read my "Games" list i'd have to say Halo 2 should replace battlefront. Halo 2 should be good because they've had so much time to work on it that now they should have made the bad things from halo no more. Oh by the way this is how my want list stands now. (This has defeated a lot of things ive written on XBA)

1. Doom 3

2. Ninja Gaiden

3. Fable

4. UT 2004

5. Halo 2

6.Half Life 2

7. Battlefront

E Nomini Patri
01-03-2004, 02:00 PM
1. Halo 2

2. Half-Life 2

3. Doom 3

4. Rallisport Challenge 2

5. Star Wars: Battlefront

Xbox Owner
01-03-2004, 02:07 PM
1. Halo 2
2. Far Cry (the gameplay kinda looks sh*tty, but no one can deny those graphics)
3. Half Life 2 (I can't play it or anyother PC games on this list, but I can still look forward to them.:) )
4. Ninja Gaiden
5. Fable (Not too fond of RPGs, but I wanna see if this lives up to the hype.)

BunnyRabbit
01-03-2004, 02:28 PM
I think bungie put those "glitches" and "easter egges" in the game purposely. Like on 343 Guilty Spark if you throw a grenade before you get out of the pelican in the beginning. You will stay in it and go for a little ride to the upper cliffs of the level.. Its cool. Then up on the cliffs there is a unarmed marine. All he does is stand there. So the pelican ride glitch must have been meant to be there.

Im sure some glitches werent meant to be.. But I like that you can stretch the limits..>REALLY far.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-03-2004, 03:29 PM
no order

fable
hl2
halo2

duno

nof
01-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I'd like to add True Fantasy to that list. I think it's going to be a good game.

Oh yeah, there's BC too. That's going to rock. I can't wait until I'm able to club my women and throw them over my shoulders.

TuffEagle88
01-03-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm more single minded and don't usually plan for brief periods of prosperty for when I have the money for more than one game at a time so I've got a very short list, also since I don't really keep track of upcoming games unless its something that caught my eye really good............................................................

1. Fable

2. Halo2

3. Splinter Cell: Pandora's Tomorrow

4. Whatever else that looks good enough and I've got the cash for:)

BunnyRabbit
01-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by nof
I'd like to add True Fantasy to that list. I think it's going to be a good game.

Oh yeah, there's BC too. That's going to rock. I can't wait until I'm able to club my women and throw them over my shoulders.

Adda boy nof.. You CANNOT and better not forget BC.. That game will be the fosheezy...

oldi1knoby
01-04-2004, 12:44 AM
1. Fable

2. BC

3. Halo 2

mordecai
01-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Doom3_
The game only had two major problems, 1st: It is WAY to easy I started off at "Heroic" and beat the game in about a day. But the biggest problem I think is that they rushed it to get it out when xbox came out. There are a lot of mess ups (glitches) in the game.

I know that that was just your opinion of the game but both of your points seemed totally unfounded. Halo, on legendary is certainley NOT easy, I'm sure many ther people on this forum would agree with me on that. You said that a flaw in the game was that it was to easy on heroic, so why don't you just play it on legendary; your point hardly seems like a flaw on the games behalf.
As for your second point, I have only found one glitch that ever iritated me(there were very few glitches in the game at all let alone ones that interfered with gameplay) during the long hours I've played Halo. I'm refering to the glitch that teleports you underneath the stage when you get out of a warthog, at high speeds, and a rock is in your way. If you could name a few of the many glitches you saw I may believe your point but untill then, your allegations are without any factual basis.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Bill Gates bought Bungie to put it on the xbox and release at the same day as the launch of the xbox so I think that 'rush' was meant to be good. I mean converting it to the xbox from PC was quite long but Bungie did it as quickly as possible, ready for the launch day. Glitches are fun. I don't mind having glitches in a game. I think they're cool. And Mordecai is correct about glitches.

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
1. Halo 2

2. Half-Life 2

3. Doom 3

4. Rallisport Challenge 2

5. Star Wars: Battlefront
perfffecctoo