PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind GotY or KotOR.....which one should i get..

edogg_21
01-03-2004, 02:12 PM
I have played quite a bit of morrowind GotY at my friends and have enjoyed it quite a bit but am not one to swear by it, on the other hand i have read many great things about KotOR and i want to know which one i should invest my time and money into. I will tell you that in morrowind i love how different you can make your characters and by that you can completely alter how you play/approach the game. In KotOR do you get to decide what your character looks like, there race, skills etc. or does everyone play with the same character. Please give me as much detail to persuade me one way or the other. Thanks.

Y2k_UG
01-04-2004, 07:31 AM
In KotoR, everyone starts with one pre-selected character. As you play through the game, you can get different outfits, armor, etc that change your appearance. On top of that, depending how you play, your character's features will change as they slip to the dark side or the light side of the force. Your actions in the game with other characters will decide what happens there.

If you want some advice on which one to get, get them both. Actually, you need them both. Get KotoR first, though.

:cheers:

TuffEagle88
01-04-2004, 02:23 PM
I haven't played either, so I don't have a prefrence, but I would get GOTY because it is cheaper, you get 3 games for the price of one and that you have played it and know what to expect. Thats just an opinion and I hear KOTOR is pretty good, but I'm gonna buy GOTY pretty soon... You should do what should always be done- rent them first if you can. :)

Nameless
01-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I say get them both. Morrowind GOTY is $30 in the States, which is an amazing price. I've only played the regular Morrowind, which I found amazing. You can probably get KOTOR for pretty cheap if you buy it used as well. But I would recomend renting KOTOR first before you put money down on it. KOTOR is also amazing btw.

iloveRPGs
01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
I would get both, but if you only could get one i'd say GOTY. I beat KOTOR too fast and with GOTY there's so much to do on the side. In the original I didn't even know that the blades quest was the main storyline and I joined almost all the guilds and the telvanni before actually starting the main quest. It's an awesome game.

Ford Mustang
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Totally. The depth of Morrowind GOTY is astonishing. There is just SO much you can do in that game. I've put in over 30 hours and I haven't even finished the 3rd part of the main quest. I think it is a totally amazing game. Words are not enough. AND, it's real-time fighting, not turn-based crap. :D I say get that, but then again I didn't like KOTOR that much. :) Tough choice for you.

Peepers
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
You get a lot of character customization in both games. I didn't get as many hours out of KotOR as I did Morrowind, but I enjoyed my more limited KotOR hours slightly more. I can't really pick a favorite. You should got both. Don't force yourself to choose between the two.

Moomoo1045
01-07-2004, 02:10 PM
You should get Morrowind if you like all out RPG's with just about everything, but if you into starwars or more of a strategy killing, then get starwars.

Lord Vivic
01-08-2004, 07:54 PM
I would definatly get Goty because there is so much to do in the game.I have loged in over a 1000 hours on each game i have created and still have not explored everything there is to explore.I loved the original and I practically worship this one.In a figure of speech.

thatdude222
01-13-2004, 09:02 AM
HOLY @#$% dude!!!! 1000 hours? ive only put like 400 into everquest and been playin it for over a year. LOL, guess i should pick it up

Lord Vivic
01-13-2004, 03:52 PM
It is called summer fun.:D

Worldslayer2002
01-13-2004, 06:34 PM
If your haveing a hard time deciding between morrowind and another game I'd have to tell you one thing....GET MORROWIND FOR CHRITS SAKE! It is the best rpg I have ever played, and I've played a lot of rpg's

DocHoliday78
01-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I would go with Kotor since it can be found cheaper online then a store bought Morrowind. Not sure about the web prices but shop around. If money is a huge issue then go for whatever works best to your budget. Both games rock. You will get 60+ hours out of Kotor if you beat it light & dark side. Morrowind's time frame is however long you want it to be.

Lord Vivic
01-14-2004, 08:50 PM
that is wat i like most about it.:) :)

XpowerX
01-25-2004, 02:51 PM
I've been playing Morrowind for probally 6 months, just off and on, expierimenting with different characters, and it's great. I just started KOTOR about a week ago and it's extremely addictive, but not as open ended. I would probally say go with GOTY, and pick up KOTOR in 4 or 5 months, when you finally finish Morrowind!!:cool:

Lord Vivic
01-29-2004, 03:08 PM
there is no finishing morrowind, it coninues even after you win all three of the main quests

m4oH
02-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Hey i have Morrowind GotY and I love it. But what the heck is KOtor or whatever anyways?

Lord Vivic
02-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Knights of the Old Republic

m4oH
02-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Ahhh.. Is that on LIVE or is that another star wars game?

Lord Vivic
02-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I think it is live.

Randito Bandito
02-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has downladable content via Xbox Live but sadly it isn't an actual live game. You may be confused with Star Wars Galaxies.

Lord Vivic
02-07-2004, 11:50 AM
O...Perhapse.

xboxman_1
02-08-2004, 12:47 AM
GOTY all the way, I have both, and once through KOTOR in 20 hours and you're done, GOTY never ends, until the doctors come and pull the controller from your hands after your parents commit you to a mental institution for playing 24/7 without eating.

TuffEagle88
02-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Its sucks I've been waiting for walmart to restock with morrowind GOTY, but I don't think they are gonna because I've been waiting a few months since they last had them. I guess I'll have to go to the mall. :(

SiGuy
02-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
Its sucks I've been waiting for walmart to restock with morrowind GOTY, but I don't think they are gonna because I've been waiting a few months since they last had them. I guess I'll have to go to the mall. :(

You've been waiting months for Wal Mart to restock? Don't most people just go to a different store that same day? I picked mine up at shopko about a week ago and haven't put it down yet. I think my Xbox is dying though since I get about 4-5 freezes every hour on the hour, on a good day. Go with Goty dude. I rented Kotor and hated it, but Im not much of a star wars fan.

Lord Vivic
02-08-2004, 04:02 PM
I went to gamestop.

TuffEagle88
02-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ManoWar

You've been waiting months for Wal Mart to restock? Don't most people just go to a different store that same day? I picked mine up at shopko about a week ago and haven't put it down yet. I think my Xbox is dying though since I get about 4-5 freezes every hour on the hour, on a good day. Go with Goty dude. I rented Kotor and hated it, but Im not much of a star wars fan.

its called being a stinking 15 year old without a license and without a stinking car and go to a stupid wal-mart thats in a medium sized town without anymore stupid stores. I think we are going to media play this week though, and ebgames, funcoland, circuit city, and gamestop are all around there so I'll get it one way or another.

Doom3_
02-10-2004, 07:15 PM
MGOtY cause they're equal in greatness yet its cheaper

Lord Vivic
02-11-2004, 07:04 AM
To me there is nothing greater than GOTY.