PDA

View Full Version : Deepshark.com | Netflix for games | experiences?

LynxFX
01-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Deepshark.com (http://www.deepshark.com) has been available for awhile now and they seem to still be in business so I was thinking about joining up.

Has anyone used them or have been using them? I would like to know what your experiences have been with them, like have the games come to you in a timely manner? Do they send the manual as well as the game? Any problems with the games themselves? Ever have to wait and wait for a game because it is popular?

Site info for those that don't know:
-$20 a month
-unlimited game rentals
-2 games out at a time
-prepaid postage to return games
-keep them as long as you want with no due dates
-build a wishlist that automatically sends the games out when you return one
-Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube games

WynnFire
01-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm using Gamefly at the moment. I like it, even though I work at a video store and I could get the game rentals for free. Unfortunately my company seems to HATE the Xbox (or at least in my area) so we have very few big titles, well actually very few titles at all for Xbox. Recently I rented Prince of Persia, SWAT, then Cabela's Deer Hunt (I like it even though I don't hunt), and soon should have Cabela's Dangerous Hunts. If Gamefly doesn't work out for me, I will try Deepshark. Also, Gamefly let's you rent Xbox, G-Cube, ps2, and Gameboy Advance games too.

LynxFX
01-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Gamefly looks to be about the same, although they are $2 more per month. They do give you a "option to buy" which is kinda cool.

Thanks for the info.

ScottTheKilla
01-05-2004, 02:18 AM
Game fly is great. I use them and I have used the buy option a couple times. Its cool because if you time it right you can be the first one to rent a copy of the game and if you hold onto it for a bit, buy it used..so basically youre getting a brand new game for $10-$15 cheaper since youre the only one who used it. They send you the original case and manual too. They have a 3 game plan now too. If you have any other questions just ask....

I also tried redoctane in the past and they are horrible.

FragMaster B
01-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I have little of value to add as I've never really used any of these services. I did have Netflix for a while tho. Damn it was nice. I just wish they also had xbox games and you could intermingle games and movies in your queue.

Edit: Looks like they have a free trial... check it out.