PDA

View Full Version : Microplay

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 10:00 AM
This is a little rant for my fellow canadian friends.

I buy most of my games at Microplay and have been doing so since my PS1.

But I think the relationship must end today.

I purchased F12001 and NHL Hitz at the price of 90.00 canadian each including taxes.

I was not satisfied with the F1 game so I wanted to return it or to trade it in thinking they would give me about 40-50 dollars to use against purchasing NHL2002.

They offered me 20.00 bucks.

Even after I paid 90 for it just the day before.

Bunch of rip off artists.

Anyone have any similar experiences.

BLunted
01-04-2002, 01:55 PM
I feel for ya, I have done the same thing in the past, but ultimately comes down to research and patience. Nowadays, I read all the previews beforehand and I rent everything before buying. Microplay is pretty good for rentals, and if you have such a good relationship with them, then there shouldn't be a problem for them to reserve a rental copy for you, so that you can decide wether the game is a keeper or not. Not gonna tell you how much money I have wasted on impulse buys, hehehe

Vteck3000
01-04-2002, 06:02 PM
I live in Ontario and the only thing i have to say to everyone about Microplay is : DON'T BUY OR RENT FROM THEM. They rip you off compleatly. The day the XBOX came out they even told that they wouldn't carry any XBOX games or products because BILL didn't want them to have any when it first came out. Now look they have everything cause they know they are loosing sales and rentals towards the XBOX fans. They suck and they will always suck. I hate Microplay. :mad: