PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so biased against XBOX??

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 10:25 AM
I went into futureshop to buy DOA3 for XBOX, as I was looking at the games a bunch of punks started to laugh as if to say
``Look at the idiot purchasing XBOX crap``

I approached them to see exactly what the problem was and they proceeded to tell me that I was a fool for investing my money in XBOX.

We got into a discussion and there attitude seemed to confirm alot of what people seem to be saying.

People dont want to go near XBOX because it is Microsoft, and

Microsoft = Money hungry monopoly that produces crap.

People have to give it a chance before judging, I must admit that I was sceptical at first, but after one try I knew it was meant to be.

And I also keep hearing stories about people who went to check out the demo at the store and it was out of order and all that bologna, I think it is all made up propoganda.

People are having the wool pulled over their eyes by the uninformed comments of people who will never give anything new a try.

Just my 2 cents.

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 11:22 AM
It doesn't bug me. Sounds like those dudes are not true gamers. It just doesn't make good gaming sense to prefer a system that has some good games while the XBox will have those same games but with nicer graphics, additional levels, and a lot of other additions. I guess they just prefer being second best. :rolleyes:

GokuX
01-04-2002, 11:41 AM
Yes familiar story. One of my friends who dislikes MS questioned my purchase when I told him. He said "Microsoft, eww." Needless to say once I had him over and he saw the quality of the XBox he was amazed. He's been over several times while I've been entertainin friends with DVD movies on my trinitron and says the quality of the DVD player is great. I've said it before, these people who say these things are the ones buying 2 copies of WIn95 and braggin about how awesome Windows was, then Linux came along and they were all over it and said "Down with MS." They're bandwagon jumpers. If the Linux creator sold Linux and began to make some serious money, these people would be screaming for his head and saying "Down with Linux." U can immediately dismiss the validity of someones arguments against the XBox when they say "MS makes it." That shows their complete ignorance.

Ground_Pounder
01-04-2002, 11:41 AM
I think people are scare of something new... I remember when PSX came out, I wouldn't buy it because I hadn't heard of SONY making vid games b4, so instead I waited for the name I knew, Nintendo to come with the N64, wich I ended up trading for a PSX. But I'd of easily bought a Saturn before the PSX in those days, same with all my friends. We were sega freaks.

But I don't think it has anything to do with microsoft being behiend it, becaust truthfully, not many people know. On boxing day I was picking up DOA3 at Future Shop, and this lady asked me what Xbox was and who made it and blah blah blah... the SECOND I mentioned it was produced by Microsoft, she was like oh so it's a computer, I was like no no far from it, it's the same thing as a Playstation, only newer/better and is made by microsoft, then she was like oooo i'll have to check that out for my kids then... hehehehe.

Just wait until people see that this isn't a buggy machine, they will fall all over it! Alot of people won't jump on the new console bandwagon until they see numbers. I jumped on because of future games, and it's easier to keep up with games when you buy a system in it's early life that way you dont have all that catching up to do!

robnyack
01-04-2002, 12:01 PM
people who make that kind of arguement agianst buying an xbox are really just fools. They are making a decision based on everything BUT the facts.

You chose to buy GC because you are a Star Wars fanatic and you just got to have the best Star Wars game on the market, then you made a decision based on some sort of logic. But, to buy GC because xbox is made by ....."eeewwww, microsoft", then you deserved to be laughed at and not taken seriously.

Ninja Scroll
01-04-2002, 12:04 PM
it's just pure ignorance if you ask me! I cant stand a fanboy/mark that argues about a bunch of nothing but hot air! Fanboys suck!

........ that's unless your talking about your hero Ninja Jubei being a Sega mark/fanboy!:D :D :D

The Terminator
01-04-2002, 12:08 PM
I've noticed that it seems that the extremely nerdy computer geeks are the ones who tend to do the MS bashing... In other words, they have too much time on their hands to actually do anything worth-while, instead of sit around bragging about Linux, and wearing those Penguin T-shirts, which are, by the way, a sure-fire way to scare away all members of the opposite sex.

Hugh_Jass
01-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I had just the opposite reaction. When I heard the Microsoft was making a console I immediately knew I was going to buy one. I hadn't owned a console since the Genesis. I reasoned that, with Microsoft at the healm, we would have the depth and quality of PC gaming combined with the stability of the console world.

XBOX Dude
01-04-2002, 12:26 PM
these people are ****ing stupid the ***** about microsoft producing crap but then they go home and use windows, i've had this happen a freind of mime very anti xbox said it was crap casue it was microsoft then i asked what os he was using he said windows:rolleyes:

robnyack
01-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Hugh,

I agree. I have not really been thrilled about a game system since Nintendo64....and ended up ultimately being less then thrilled.

I was thrilled about Dreamcast, bought it, and ended up less then thrilled.

So, the last time i was actually thrilled about a game system and the expectations lived up to mine was probably the Genesis system. Since then, my expections for game systems has decreased and my cynisism increased. So, I basically left gaming on consoles and went with pc gaming. Dreamcast, Playstation, Nintendo...blah, blah, and blah.

When I heard that microsoft was going to jump into the gaming console business, I actually got excited about the possibilities of a game console for the first time in a long time. And so far, my expectations have been met with cool games, good graphics, and good sound.

Now, if they can just leap over that final hurdle......BROADBAND INTERNET GAMING!!!

BORNGD
01-04-2002, 12:51 PM
i have to admit i was the same exact way at first and the reason being i had purchased a ps2 and well...i was not satisfied at all...i felt that my ps2 was a waste of money and now there was something that might be better out. I think if those same people would give xbox a chance, they would see that the ps2 just actually sits and collects dust now. The xbox has much better graphics and i believe better game play by FAR!

Shadow Fox
01-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
I went into futureshop to buy DOA3 for XBOX, as I was looking at the games a bunch of punks started to laugh as if to say
``Look at the idiot purchasing XBOX crap``

I approached them to see exactly what the problem was and they proceeded to tell me that I was a fool for investing my money in XBOX.

We got into a discussion and there attitude seemed to confirm alot of what people seem to be saying.

People dont want to go near XBOX because it is Microsoft, and

Microsoft = Money hungry monopoly that produces crap.

People have to give it a chance before judging, I must admit that I was sceptical at first, but after one try I knew it was meant to be.

And I also keep hearing stories about people who went to check out the demo at the store and it was out of order and all that bologna, I think it is all made up propoganda.

People are having the wool pulled over their eyes by the uninformed comments of people who will never give anything new a try.

Just my 2 cents. I find this quite amusing. Why? Cuz I've never seen this in a futureshop/GameStop/Eb/Babbages/Software Etc in the locations I've been to before and after launch (NY to ATL along east coast)...

Normally, there's more GCN bashing than anything. I was actually cursed at by a Babbages employee for coming in and asking about GameCube stuff and not Xbox...

He started telling me all about Xbox system specs and everything, and was trying to sell me the system for a discount if I didn't mention GCN in his store, SERIOUSLY. I told him I already had an Xbox, and he had looked as if he had just had a coronary or something...

So ya, there's lots of Xbox fanboys in the VG stores I've been to lately. From April this year till now, they've gotten even more aggressive, saying that "you will regret not getting Xbox" and other stuff. Jesus people, it ain't that serious. If I was a manager at any of these chains, there'd be alot of firing going on.

And these aren't kids- typical employees and in stores are around my age (21-27), grown-ass men, sitting here TELLING me what console to buy. I thought GCN was bad with the whole kiddy thing; Xbox followers, from ages 6 to 35, have got to be the most rabid fans I've ever seen in a gaming generation, period. Look around in the forums here. Chances are someone has gotten close to being banned trying to defend a console/game of choice.

I've even had a 12-year old tyke tell me that I suck at games because didn't plan on getting an Xbox at one point in time (July). I responded, of course, by beating the living $hit out of him in CvS2 and Tekken Tag...:D

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose II)

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 12:58 PM
One thing is for sure, Microsoft isn't stupid. Since they decided to go into the gaming industry with the introduction of the XBox console, you can be assured that they are in this for the long haul and will not quit until they are on the top...and even then, they won't quit. I was, too, extremely pumped about the XBox especially since Microsoft is the author of it.

pukkaboy
01-04-2002, 12:59 PM
When i heard microsoft were making a console i laughed. but then i decided to check it out. I saw the first screens and thought. WOW!!! thats better than my pc!!! SO i am no a xboxaddict :D

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pukkaboy
When i heard microsoft were making a console i laughed. but then i decided to check it out. I saw the first screens and thought. WOW!!! thats better than my pc!!! SO i am no a xboxaddict :D

lol, Pukkaboy....I am actually commenting about your signature. I know a little kid who is 6 years old and hates the GameCube because the graphics suck compared to the XBox! lol

You have a cool Avatar, though :D

mattcoxonline
01-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Because its black.....
(I though do not support any form of racial hatred - just like to make jokes)

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Yo guys X-Box sucks so much because Microsoft makes it. EWWWWWWWW :rolleyes:

*note* that was sarcasm

JAC
01-04-2002, 01:42 PM
I have a standard comeback for every person who ever says anything about the Xbox. And it is...

"Oh yeah? Bet you wish you had one!"

wals9331
01-04-2002, 01:45 PM
People are stupid.

When i first was on this board everybody called me a pos2 lover and crap like that. I just like games and was wondering if xbox was going to come out with its own really sweet games (not just more freakin ports of games i already beat). Man did i get yelled at.

Heres from a POS2 lover....XBOX IS A WAY COOLER SYSTEM, the controller is cooler, the hard drive is freakin sweet (i love the music you can save), and the dvd play back is incredible. BUT THE GAMES ARE ONLY OK, right now. I had my ps2 for about 4-5 months before i bought anymore games for it (i got summoner + ssx right when i got the system). It takes awhile for a system to get excellent. Right now the PS2 is at its peak. I have been buying a ps2 game every 2 weeks and they are all excellent games. I am guessing Xbox will be the same way but it will take time....

Oh yeah my ps2 broke so all those games i bought are worthless right now. I thought all you xbox lovers would like that :).

pukkaboy
01-04-2002, 01:49 PM
lol, his pos2 broke :D

braindead xbl
01-04-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey pukka nice avatar hm make this xboxy oh rite introduce maself i am bdxbl nice to meet u all lol am feelin dayjavoo here i know all of u's or not lol.

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Take the marbles out of your mouth :)

JAC
01-04-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Chronik
Take the marbles out of your mouth :)

I'm praying that it was marbles. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Chr0nik
01-04-2002, 02:20 PM
Hehehe......:)

Maybe some big hairy marbles.....:eek: