PDA

View Full Version : Need help to find good racing games that use the steering wheels.

George89
01-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Ok...for Christmas I got a racing wheel for my xbox...but I dont really have any arcade style racers to use it with. I was thinking I might get games like Splashdown or Quantum Redshift, but I'm not sure if they support the steering wheel? If anyone has any suggestions please post.

No Fear 23
01-06-2004, 05:59 PM
project gotham racing 2

BoundBruiser
01-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah PGR2 is a great game. I play it with the regular S controller, but I'd imagine that it would be funner with the wheel.

Conchord
01-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is high level entertainment for the casual gamer, and cop chases are always fun. Underground is good too, but it is a lot more invloving to the gamer to actually complete the game, rather than just jump in have fun-customization is key. The Project Gotham series is very solid, but the only problem I've ever had with it is the Kudos point system. You build up massive points (required or not, I don't remember), only to lose them simply by tapping into a wall. I haven't played Project Gotham 2, but from what I've heard, it's a very worthy sequel, so that one should be left up to you. Rallisport Challenge can be found for 20 dollars as a platinum hit, or used at EBGames for about 12 bucks. This was one of the first and best racers to hit the xbox, and it was one of the games that ranked among the best xbox had to offer for the first two years of the consoles release. Another low-price racer is Sega GT 2002-very straightforward; no paintjobs, no customizing (except a few engine, weight reduction, brake and tire upgrades, things of that nature...), just good old fashioned racing. Liscense tests, in between your first seasons' racing blocks, can be quite frustrating, but after winning a few cars by simply placing afterwards makes it all worth while. This too can be found for only 15-10 dollars, or in a double-pack with Jet Set Radio Future. If you want, I can send you the double-pack out of courtesy...I really have no need for it anymore, and helping out a fellow member would make it a valuable effort.

-EDIT-

I found this and thought you might like to try this-Nascar Thunder 2004. Nascar games are ALWAYS overlooked, but Official Xbox Magazine gave it a very good score, and there aren't many stock-car games out on the xbox, so if this appeals to you as a racer, you might want to give it a spin...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/10280.jpg