PDA

View Full Version : halo 2 multiplayer options!!

mitch2025
01-04-2004, 05:28 PM
i was over at the official Xbox forums and someone posted something from so other forms.

As previously mentioned at these webboards, the band Linkin Park (http://www.xbox.com/en-us/news/0312/linkinparkvisitsbungie.htm )Linkin Park got to play Halo 2 at Bungie Studios. Lucky for us lead vocalist (and biggest Halo fan) Mike Shinoda posted (http://www.lpfan.com/forums/index.php?showforum=4) surprisingly detailed impressions of the multiplayer modes at their own message boards,complete with exerpts of the Halo2 manual! Here is a detailed transcript of what he experienced:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you select Multiplayer you get the following options:

-(1) Cooperative ( Split Screen/System Link Co-Op ) [ 2 player max ]
-(2) Split Screen [ 4 players max ]
-(3) LAN Play [ 24 player max ]
-(4) Xbox Live [ 24 player max ]
-(5) Edit Gametypes

Here is a detailed discription of each:

First and foremost:XBOX LIVE
Once selected you get these options:
* Online Co-Op
* Online Regular multiplayer ( up to 24 opponents ) CTF, Slayer, Race, Oddball and King of the Hill.
* BattleGround: Halo
Battle as humans (SPARTAN Soldiers), vs alien ( covenant Elites ) in a massive online multiplayer battles. On modified maps from the Campaign mode, you and 11 friends vs 12 enemies battle it out complete with interactive air support from Pelican Warships and Phanton battle crafts, unbeleivable!

-Cooperative:

Once selected you get two options:System Link and Split Screen. Split Screen is the same as the original game, where you and a friend plow through the Campaign mode together on the same TV.
System Link allows you to play through the game with a friend on two different TV's and Xbox using a system link cable. You can also talk to each other using the Xbox live communicator if you'd like.

-Split Screen:

Been there done that, you and 3 other buddies kick each others butts, in games of CTF, Slayer, Oddball, King of the Hill and Race.

-Lan Play:

Hook up to 6 Xboxes together for up to 32(!!!) players, play all the regular gamemodes of CTF, Slayer, Oddball and Race.

The vehicles of Halo 2:
Returning
- The Warthog
- The Scorpion Tank
- The Ghost

New Human Vehicles:
- The Gauss Warthog [3 passengers]
- The Rabbit ATV [1 passenger]

New Alien Vehicles:
- The Banshee Aircraft [1 passenger]
- The Shadow Assault Vehicle [3 passenger]
- The Wraith Tank [1 passenger]

Some of the new multiplayer Levels:

Hot Zone:

An medium sized outdoor level, that closely resembles the New Mombasa level featured in the E3 Demo. Consisting of twisting streets, bridges, towering buildings ( some which can be entered, for great sniping spots ), staircases and ledges with turrets. Guaranteed to take over Blood Gulch as the new favorite CTF level.

Amazonia

A dark,lush jungle level that resembles the "Timberland" level of Halo PC, but a whole lot better looking and atmospheric. Rolling Hills dotted with tall, thick rooted trees and winding paths between shallow rivers.

Inner Sanctum

A level inside the belly of the UNSC Cruiser Renaissance. Small strobe-lit corridors interconnect two large multi-level hangars with massive pressure lock windows with breathtaking vistas of planet Earth. Turrets on the second level make getting on top a critical necessity.

Levels returning from Halo: Blood Gulch, SideWinder, Hang'em High. Additionaly 2 levels of Halo PC are also availible: Death Island and Danger Canyon.

sounds like the multiplayer for halo 2 will be about 10 times better than halo1's multiplayer
:cheers:

sorce (http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=5856948)

LiquidX
01-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Well, I dont believe this since it didn't come from Bungie. And there was a contradiction in there. At first it says 24 max for LAN play. Then later on it says 32... I seriously doubt this info.

ScorpionX
01-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Well, I dont believe this since it didn't come from Bungie. And there was a contradiction in there. At first it says 24 max for LAN play. Then later on it says 32... I seriously doubt this info.

Exactly :watchout:

Not to mention Bungie has not released the names of the levels, as far as I know :D

nik2deep
01-04-2004, 05:53 PM
whats not to believe

all seems possible

if thats the case then live will be off the chain

wonder how it deals with lag?

No Fear 23
01-04-2004, 05:56 PM
holy ****, 24?? damn nobody can host that much unless bungie or microsoft sets up a T2 or T3 server. its gonna be interesting. :cheers:

PapaSKooT
01-04-2004, 06:04 PM
OK, now this took a whole 5 seconds of research, but i CLICKED ON THE LINK!!!!!!! and it's not their forums.

100% Grade A B.S.

EDIT: BTW, that post is no where to be found either :D

BunnyRabbit
01-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah, whether or not its true.. I think co-op should allow up to 4 people.. Two is barely enough to be a true squad. I say with each extra co-op player more enemies should be added is all. It could be easy to do. THEY MUST DO SO!

Xbox Owner
01-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by PapaSKooT
OK, now this took a whole 5 seconds of research, but i CLICKED ON THE LINK!!!!!!! and it's not their forums.

100% Grade A B.S.

EDIT: BTW, that post is no where to be found either :D

yeah, it's fake. it was posted about 30 mins ago on another forum and i just clicked the link, and boom, i knew it was fake.

E Nomini Patri
01-04-2004, 08:16 PM
From ferrex (level designer for Bungie):

Come on guys, you know better than to believe it when someone posts "OMG I played Halo 2 today cuz my dad iz a Microsoft employee", so why are you putting any weight in "OMG I played Halo 2 today cuz I'm allegedly a member of Linkin Park posting tons of information on an obscure fan website"?

Don't believe anything you read on the internet, unless it's on our website.

SOURCE (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=356652)

JJaX
01-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
holy ****, 24?? damn nobody can host that much unless bungie or microsoft sets up a T2 or T3 server. its gonna be interesting. :cheers:

Every game handles latency differently. I'm sure if bungie were to make it 24+ players, they could do it efficiently

mattgame
01-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Maybe the omnipotent mods can close threads that begin with this bs " Halo 2 has......." . BAN IT! DAM IT! :cuss:

J4320
01-05-2004, 01:27 PM
I wish people could stick straight to the facts and stop making up rumors! Oh well, this one could very well be true. And if you connect 6 xbox's to get 32 players wouldn't that make 5.33 players per xbox?

deftonian1
01-05-2004, 01:59 PM
the waiting is to much:o

jimmer71
01-05-2004, 02:04 PM
All that would be great. But we all will have to wait till March to find out for sure. Unless of course you have a Bungie employee in the family. It is bound to be great, either way it is going to be online enabled. So what is 2 months to wait, we all have already been waiting 2 years. Go Halo 2, see ya all online.

J4320
01-05-2004, 03:57 PM
It'll be worth the wait.............

l Maximus l
01-05-2004, 06:02 PM
I really hope that the Campaign via co-op play is on XBL. Oh man...

CRAYMAN
01-05-2004, 07:25 PM
I am sooo Jonesing for this...:hail:

Procto
01-05-2004, 07:48 PM
LOL I didn't like the sound of those levels anyway. Did someone ban this guy yet?

MikeMan91389
01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
hey, yah never no, things can leak.. they leak for other games, could be true.. not sayin it is.. but Bungie isnt immune from leaks

ScorpionX
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
hey, yah never no, things can leak.. they leak for other games, could be true.. not sayin it is.. but Bungie isnt immune from leaks

You really should read the articles and links before posting..... :eek:

J4320
01-05-2004, 08:58 PM
This may be a little off-topic but not really (since it has to do with Halo 2 multiplayer). If you watch the halo 2 documentary and look at the computers in the backround while they are talking you can see some interestiong stuff. You can see parts of levels and other things!:cheers:

RagunCajun
01-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Hmmm 32 player lan partys. we dont have that many players in the swamp. I guess 2v2 will still own.:cheers:

J4320
01-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Something makes me think Halo 2 will pave the way to improve xbox live!:D I'm gonna get live when Halo 2 comes out.

Darkslayer101
01-06-2004, 01:12 PM
thats cool im getting halo 2 i preodered but i want 2 get xbox live casue of Halo 2 so i hope i can then i get 2 see u all online :)

J4320
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Live sounds so fun and they are just now coming out with good games for it. So I will definately see you all on live after Halo 2 comes out!

AM Static
01-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by j4320
I wish people could stick straight to the facts and stop making up rumors! Oh well, this one could very well be true. And if you connect 6 xbox's to get 32 players wouldn't that make 5.33 players per xbox?
I saw that too, lol. The guy who wrote this did a great job on this. :rolleyes:

Its kind of odd though, even just a rumor like this, really gets people exceited and hyped again about Halo 2. Even if its all bull****, look at some of the later posts, everyones all like 'Wow, Halo 2's gonna own, I cant wait!' Kinda like we all forgot and this reminded us.

Ooh.. I got an idea. What if all these rumors were started by Bungie employees just to keep people hyped about the game without having to release any new info. Its like a publicity stunt.. Like a conspiray! ;)

(hehe, thats like something you see on the Simpsons)

J4320
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
I really hate that too! Stupid rumors!! :cuss:

CharlieHustle
01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Live sounds so fun and they are just now coming out with good games for it. So I will definately see you all on live after Halo 2 comes out!

What live sounds fun, and they are what??? Live have been fun since day 1. Where have you been, from the sports games to ghost recon to rainbow six, to counter strike to crimson skies, to the racers. Where have you been??? If you are gettin live just for halo 2, then you are missin the boat, we are havin a blast on live now, try co-op mission on rainbow six3, or ask about it. If halo 2 gets delayed, im fine with it, because there are a ton of games to hold me over.

J4320
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah I guess your kinda right. I just want there to be more games for it though. And I meant the good games were like counter strike, rainbow six, and stuff. Those are pretty new. But not that new. And right now your right, I am missing the boat. But I just want to start it when Halo 2 comes out.

PoetSaskia
01-07-2004, 05:33 PM
hey, wait, I clicked on the first link, and it says the band really did visit Bungie and play Halo 2, so what makes you guys say it's not real?

E Nomini Patri
01-07-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
hey, wait, I clicked on the first link, and it says the band really did visit Bungie and play Halo 2, so what makes you guys say it's not real?

Read the whole thread.

J4320
01-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Do you guys think Halo 2 will come out in April or March? I was at gamestop a month ago and they said March and now they say it is April.

Ford
01-07-2004, 08:29 PM
You never know with Halo 2, they are always changing their minds about the release date

E Nomini Patri
01-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Do you guys think Halo 2 will come out in April or March? I was at gamestop a month ago and they said March and now they say it is April.

Quit worrying so much about the release date, just keep going to www.bungie.net for the latest news. Only believe what Bungie says, not the game retailers or game info sites.

Ford
01-07-2004, 08:58 PM
This is true cause those are the guys that are going to let the game go to the stores when they want it to

J4320
01-07-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Quite worrying so much about the release date, just keep going to www.bungie.net for the latest news. Only believe what Bungie says, not the game retailers or game info sites.

Ok, I'll "Quite" worrying. :eek:

E Nomini Patri
01-07-2004, 11:38 PM

Ok, I'll "Quite" worrying. :eek:

Edited.

Ford, don't be such a noob, read the whole thread and answer intelligently.

NY89
01-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Yea it's awesome

levelzero
01-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Do any of you guys believe system link co-op will be an option in Halo 2? This is one of the features I think was really missing from the first one. If this feature is available in Halo 2, I will be purchasing a second Xbox for the wife.

Ford
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
What are u talking about starwarsfanman i was backing you up about bungie being the one's who release the game!

J4320
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Ford
This is true cause those are the guys that are going to let the game go to the stores when they want it to
Duh! StarWarsFanMan is right. You need to answer intelligently !

Ford
01-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Yeah the bugie guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J4320
01-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I know that. It's just your stating the obvious....

mrgeorge88
01-08-2004, 06:26 PM
those are some very attractive multi player options

J4320
01-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by mrgeorge88
those are some very attractive multi player options
I hope they are all true and have even more features!:D

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:25 PM
I have a feeling that there will be tons more of XBL players on XBox Live playing when Halo 2 comes out...not just current ones, but, tons of new ones...

Mmmmmmm...new blood :D

J4320
01-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I have a feeling that there will be tons more of XBL players on XBox Live playing when Halo 2 comes out...not just current ones, but, tons of new ones...

Mmmmmmm...new blood :D
Like me!!!! I have this stupid internet contract with an Internet Service Provider called Direcway. I hate it!!:cuss: It's a moderate speed but It won't work with Xbox Live. And the contract ends in March. So I will subscribe to Xbox Live when Halo 2 comes out (it'll probably come out sometime around March, maybe April).Then I will be able to join in on all the fun I have been missing! And I'm no noob when it comes to Halo!!!:D

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:44 PM

Like me!!!! I have this stupid internet contract with an Internet Service Provider called Direcway. I hate it!!:cuss: It's a moderate speed but It won't work with Xbox Live. And the contract ends in March. So I will subscribe to Xbox Live when Halo 2 comes out (it'll probably come out sometime around March, maybe April).Then I will be able to join in on all the fun I have been missing! And I'm no noob when it comes to Halo!!!:D

Will it work with XBConnect and Halo 1 for now?

J4320
01-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Will it work with XBConnect and Halo 1 for now?
I really doubt it because I downloaded the trial version of Halo for PC and did a little test. I setup a Blood Gulch game online and played and it was fine. But when someone joined it got really slow and stuff. So I assumed it would be about the same for XBC. I'm a patient guy I guess.... I can wait... Ok, maybe I can't . But oh well, 2 more months:cry: . Then I will see you all online!:D

E Nomini Patri
01-08-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ford
What are u talking about starwarsfanman i was backing you up about bungie being the one's who release the game!

Oh sorry about the mix up.

When you reply to a certain post, use the quote button so people know who you are talking to.

Ford
01-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah no problem man i am new at this sorry

J4320
01-09-2004, 11:44 PM
I wish Bungie updated their site more often!