PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

gamemaster4444
01-05-2004, 04:27 AM
i know Halo 2 will be online for a fact but im not sure if it will have system link play {no xbconnect} does any one know for a fact it will hav e system link play :huh: :cheers:

BananaMan
01-05-2004, 04:53 AM
It most certainly should, just like the last halo. So incase you don't have live you can at least hook up your friends xboxs and have some fun, and xboxconnect.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Play cooperatively in campaign mode using system link. Halo 1 didn't have that. The only game that I can recall has co op in system link for the campaign mode is Serious Sam 2.

Salmonaitor
01-05-2004, 09:16 AM
No one except Bungie ans MS can give you facts about anything in Halo 2; but my best guess would be that it will have system link capabilities. Why wouldn't it? It was such a huge hit in the first edition, and R63 has system link, so it's not like people are making games for XBL only and not including System link. I woulsn't worry too much about it.

nG-Punisher
01-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty sure it will have what Halo had and much more...why make a sequal if you don't bring back what everyone liked?

jelgiad
01-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by gamemaster4444
i know Halo 2 will be online for a fact but im not sure if it will have system link play {no xbconnect} does any one know for a fact it will hav e system link play :huh: :cheers:

It better have system link. If halo 2 dosent support 4 player split screen w/ system link, I refuse to buy it. Thats the problem with most of the games that are coming out lately for not having this. Do they seriously expect us to network 16 tv's and boxes in order to play r6 3 or ghost recon over a lan? i know these games are on live and all, but there is nothing better than sitting right next to your opponent when you let the trash talk fly.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Bungie should learn it from Counter Strike. I mean CS doesn't have any campaign mode. Why? Thats what made it crap. It didn't have anything that lasted long. Even though its LIVE but people who don't have LIVE will not find this fun.

Starwizard
01-05-2004, 11:43 AM
im certain MS would put System link play in. Thats where the most fun of Halo is.

J4320
01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Of course they will!!:D Bungie even said that they are trying to make it SUPER fun if you have slow internet or no xbox live. Bungie knows how much everyone loved that. So I think you can rest assured. I think Bungie even said it will have all the things for multiplayer that Halo had and A LOT MORE!!! So don't sweat it!:cheers: *Edit* It is pretty much confirmed!!!!! Linkin Park played it and told us what Halo 2 multiplayer will be like! Check the new halo 2 multiplayer thread for more info!

kenji
01-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Welcome to XBA!:cheers:

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. It is doesn't have system link play, it will be a MAJOR dissappointment, and Bungie won't torture us like that.

l Maximus l
01-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Play cooperatively in campaign mode using system link. Halo 1 didn't have that. The only game that I can recall has co op in system link for the campaign mode is Serious Sam 2.

Brute Force has system link co-op :)

E Nomini Patri
01-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by j4320
*Edit* It is pretty much confirmed!!!!! Linkin Park played it and told us what Halo 2 multiplayer will be like! Check the new halo 2 multiplayer thread for more info!

Read the whole thread, it's false.

To the creator- You should know Bungie isn't stupid enough to leave out the reason we played Halo (LAN parties) :)

DocHoliday78
01-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

To the creator- You should know Bungie isn't stupid enough to leave out the reason we played Halo (LAN parties) :)

Exactly, if halo 2 didnt have lan abilities then god knows what people would do. Man i wish i could be lanning right now

BunnyRabbit
01-05-2004, 07:17 PM
I got to be serious in school this nine weeks.. Because by 4th 9 weeks ill be so screwed on a load of awesome games Ill need to up my GPA before I scre up like im gonna.. lol jk.. School = IMPOTANT!!! I bet Halo2 will destroy my grades a bit though.. But I wont sue.. I know itll be my own dern fault.

J4320
01-05-2004, 09:39 PM

I said this when there weren't a lot of posts and it wasn't confirmed true or false yet. If you want I can edit it.

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 11:01 PM

exactly... i live for lanning....

http://www.midlandhalo.cjb.net

:)

http://www.me-team.cjb.net

EDIT: 2nd link isnt finished

J4320
01-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

exactly... i live for lanning....

http://www.midlandhalo.cjb.net

:)

http://www.me-team.cjb.net