PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3 Bootcamp!

Salmonaitor
01-05-2004, 02:11 PM
I was talking with a couple of people, and I think it would be cool if there was a Bootcamp, or Training session for R63 online by a proficient player. It could be an invite only thing where someone who was really good at the game and had some great strategies and insightful things to offer could set up a server and invite people at a "scheduled time" to join and give pointers on how to play better. If anyone is willing to do this, I would LOVE it. I have someone in mind who I think would be good. What do you guys think?

jimmer71
01-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Play the offline game, then try to go Live with it. It will make a world of difference. When I 1st got it I tried to go Live with it and got my butt kicked. I almost got rid of the game. I tried the offline campaign and fell in love with it. Now I can go Live and stand with the best. Try that and see how you do.

nG-Punisher
01-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by jimmer71
Play the offline game, then try to go Live with it. It will make a world of difference. When I 1st got it I tried to go Live with it and got my butt kicked. I almost got rid of the game. I tried the offline campaign and fell in love with it. Now I can go Live and stand with the best. Try that and see how you do.

The first time I played...went straight to online...dominated...played sharpshooter and won most of the games...I guess I'm just a natural :p

crucialcreation
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor
I was talking with a couple of people, and I think it would be cool if there was a Bootcamp, or Training session for R63 online by a proficient player. It could be an invite only thing where someone who was really good at the game and had some great strategies and insightful things to offer could set up a server and invite people at a "scheduled time" to join and give pointers on how to play better. If anyone is willing to do this, I would LOVE it. I have someone in mind who I think would be good. What do you guys think?

yea, but who is good enough and might wanna teach? looks at ddc

Originally posted by jimmer71

yea i played the campaign first and it really helped. if u can master all the missions, then u can probably master a lot of those clowns playing live.

JJaX
01-05-2004, 09:06 PM
The only way you are going to get better is to play with common sense on full servers.

Learn the maps, learn popular 'routes', LEAN!!!!

Theres nothing worse than hearing someone cry about, man i shot you. Meanwhile i was leaned with only part of my head exposed and they are out in the open.

Leaning is key people.

Splinter-Seal
01-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
The only way you are going to get better is to play with common sense on full servers.

Learn the maps, learn popular 'routes', LEAN!!!!

Theres nothing worse than hearing someone cry about, man i shot you. Meanwhile i was leaned with only part of my head exposed and they are out in the open.

Leaning is key people.

True, peeking is a very good tactic, however, there are also glitches in this. So many times I have saw someone peeking from behind a corner, lined up a perfect headshot, fired, and nothing happened. I have also saw other players that I know are extremely talented have the same thing happen to them. This is particularily noticeable on the Carnival map.

JJaX
01-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal

True, peeking is a very good tactic, however, there are also glitches in this. So many times I have saw someone peeking from behind a corner, lined up a perfect headshot, fired, and nothing happened. I have also saw other players that I know are extremely talented have the same thing happen to them. This is particularily noticeable on the Carnival map.

I really dont see it as a glitch. But i know what youre talking about.

Splinter-Seal
01-06-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I really dont see it as a glitch. But i know what youre talking about.

Eh, that's what the Ubi forum folks were referring to it as -a glitch. *shrugs* Either way, it's in my opinion a problem that needs to be resolved.

Brevity
01-06-2004, 01:36 AM
I got the game a lil while back and have not cracked the seal for fear that I will be smoked to ez, late to the party ya know. I am playing alot of other games right now ne way. But I would love to learn more about this....no time no time

JJaX
01-06-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
I got the game a lil while back and have not cracked the seal for fear that I will be smoked to ez, late to the party ya know. I am playing alot of other games right now ne way. But I would love to learn more about this....no time no time

Brevity, im sure you will do fine on R6.

jimmer71
01-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Just crack the seal and get on with it. You will only learn 1 way, by trying. The only sure way to fail is to never try.

Peepers
01-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Play in big servers. Watch the people with high ratios after you die. And be intelligent when it comes to your choice of gun. While a G3A3 is an excellent choice for any player, it's espescially good for the n00bs because it's highly lethal without getting headshots.

If you do this, you'll be a pretty decent player in to time.

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Im buyin this game within the next couple days, i cant wait to get owned on live :)... maybe ill get good enuf to join a clan.... sumday :) ... haha.. yeah right... gettin my but kicked is fun tho!