PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 might be delayed again?

AaronGamer
01-05-2004, 06:20 PM
I read in my Feb. 2004 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthy that they said Halo 2 might be delayed until late this year but be released in time for Christmas.

What do you all think of this?:huh:

mitch2025
01-05-2004, 06:22 PM
a game cant be delayed if it hasent had an official relese date so EGM is talking out there ass

George89
01-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Well, there are plenty of awsome games coming out anyways (Ninja Gaiden and Fable) To tide anyone over, even if Halo does go to Christmas 2004

Jayhawk
01-05-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah it has had an official release date it is being released on April 1, 2004

LTM360
01-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Jayhawk

Could still get delayed though.
In my mind it wouldn't bother me, and it would ensure that the game has 0 faults. So a delay wouldn't come as a suprise, nor would it really bother me. Ive got too many good games I need to beat right now.

Xorg
01-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I dont think it has an official release date yet, you would have to get it from bungie.com the official halo 2 site, what any other site says isnt official, and I dont think bungie.com has a release date.

MerimacHamwich
01-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Dear god, when are you poeple going to realise the difference between an official release date, and a tentative estimate set out by stores to entice consumers?

Bungie has always stood by our policy of not giving out release dates for any of our titles. To put it simply, Halo 2 will be done when it's done. We're all as eager as you to get our hands on this amazing game but perfection takes time.

For now, Matt has already confirmed that the Summer 2003 dates being shown on various retail websites are definitely not accurate. When we do have a solid release date, we will post it here on Bungie.net. Until then, any Halo 2 release dates you hear should be considered extremely unreliable.

Quoted from the Halo 2 FAQ at the official bungie (http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=16) website.

LTM360
01-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

Dear god, when are you poeple going to realise the difference between an official release date, and a tentative estimate set out by stores to entice consumers?

Quoted from the Halo 2 FAQ at the official bungie (http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/databases/view_database.html&dbid=16) website.

Preach it Merimac! :cheers:

BunnyRabbit
01-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by LTM360

Preach it Merimac! :cheers:

hahaha.. Word up brotha! :cheers:

E Nomini Patri
01-05-2004, 06:55 PM

April Fools!

347guiltyspark
01-05-2004, 07:22 PM
You guys should be careful about who your dissin. Does anyone know where this rumor started. Right here on XBA. It was in their new section like 3 weeks ago. I think it is just a rumor. Actually I pray every night that it is just a rumor. By the way if it is postponed it is because "Microsoft was not happy with the multiplayer" its prolly the XBL lag..... ugghhh.

MerimacHamwich
01-05-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't care who started what rumour. If its stupid, I am going to try and make a point to lash out at anyone who is slow enough to believe it.

Besides, XBA usually just relays news from other websites.

CRAYMAN
01-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I was just in Gamestop/Babbages and the cashier told me that I better pre-order or there might not be any Halo 2 left when they come out for me...:yikes:
He also said there were already over...25O,OOO PRE-ORDERS!!!

WTH are they doing with all the $$$$ they're getting from the Pre-orders???

I ponied up the dough!:cheers:

J4320
01-05-2004, 08:01 PM
The person told me the same thing. And they also said that they went to some Bungie conference and know that it is coming out in March.

nG-Punisher
01-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Come on now...you know and I know major games are always delayed...

MikeMan91389
01-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

April Fools!

exactly what me and my friends were jjokin bout.. bwahahah

No Fear 23
01-05-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
I was just in Gamestop/Babbages and the cashier told me that I better pre-order or there might not be any Halo 2 left when they come out for me...:yikes:
He also said there were already over...25O,OOO PRE-ORDERS!!!

WTH are they doing with all the $$$$ they're getting from the Pre-orders???

I ponied up the dough!:cheers:

thats why i pre-ordered mine. when halo 2 comes out, u'll have a hard time trying to find the game in stores and u may have to fight

nG-Punisher
01-05-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

thats why i pre-ordered mine. when halo 2 comes out, u'll have a hard time trying to find the game in stores and u may have to fight

Just get there extra early...like the store opening hours...

MerimacHamwich
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by nG-Punisher

Just get there extra early...like the store opening hours...
Just like every other gamer that hasn't pre-ordered is thinking. "Yeah, I bet there won't be that many poeple." <- Voiced by 25 million gamers.

BlackFlag93
01-06-2004, 06:55 AM
I never had any problems picking up any major game even on launch days....I would imagine Halo 2 would be a fairly large print run to ship out in the first week anyway.

Sheeyt
01-06-2004, 07:41 AM
EGM also said that the next Xbox won't have an internal HD. EGM talks out of their asses.

CRAYMAN
01-06-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by BlackFlag93
I never had any problems picking up any major game even on launch days....I would imagine Halo 2 would be a fairly large print run to ship out in the first week anyway.

Maybe...but I don't think there has ever been an American game with this much anticipated demand in a long time, if ever.

I just bought my little boy(he's 5), some Halo figures...he loves
Halo more than any other game.:huh:

But I guess you're right...it's not worth the $5 to guarantee your copy.;)

J4320
01-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Would if it came out on Christmas Eve?:cuss: There would be EVERYONE THERE! Anyway, I'm glad I reserved mine, just in case. $5 is nothing to me. Besides, I'm garunteed to get it.:D

mattgame
01-06-2004, 02:27 PM
It will not be Christmas. Think about it: they want to sell xboxes, they need good games for that, Halo 2 would be that game. They must make way for the second coming right. Therefore, they will either have Halo2 ready soon or save it for release with the second coming. Do ya feel me? :huh:

J4320
01-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
It will not be Christmas. Think about it: they want to sell xboxes, they need good games for that, Halo 2 would be that game. They must make way for the second coming right. Therefore, they will either have Halo2 ready soon or save it for release with the second coming. Do ya feel me? :huh:

No no no. That isn't what I mean. I was just saying it would be be really crowded if it came out on any Christmas Eve (even though I know it won't be), not the coming up Christmas Eve of 2004. Do ya feel me?

CRAYMAN
01-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by j4320

No no no. That isn't what I mean. I was just saying it would be be really crowded if it came out on any Christmas Eve (even though I know it won't be), not the coming up Christmas Eve of 2004. Do ya feel me?

Will you two keep your hands off of each other???:eek:

DocHoliday78
01-06-2004, 04:24 PM

Just like every other gamer that hasn't pre-ordered is thinking. &quot;Yeah, I bet there won't be that many poeple.&quot; &lt;- Voiced by 25 million gamers.

And that is why pre ordering is so beautifull. I will show up when i feel like it and watch as all the morons drool as i get my halo 2 copy.

NY89
01-06-2004, 04:54 PM
If they seriously delay this game any more Imma go down to bungie and kick some a$$

jimmer71
01-06-2004, 05:12 PM
That is why I have gone to every store in my area and have preordered about 20 copies of it. It is only $5.00 to preorder and most of the places you do it with lets you pick from a goody box. I just got a full version of Call of Duty for the PC. So I will be selling my extra copies to you on Ebay for much more than sticker price. If there isn't a shortage than I will just get a refund on my preorder. Don't worry about it if you preordered, if you didn't than have your credit card ready. Operators are waiting.

dances with broom sticks
01-06-2004, 05:24 PM

Just like every other gamer that hasn't pre-ordered is thinking. &quot;Yeah, I bet there won't be that many poeple.&quot; &lt;- Voiced by 25 million gamers.

reminds me exactly of my boxing day :D

got there at 6, an hour early thinkin, so what if Ill look dumb ill get what i want. Pull into a FULL parking lot (wasnt that many xmas eve) and have to walk to the back of the line, which stretched around the entire building

E Nomini Patri
01-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by NY89
If they seriously delay this game any more Imma go down to bungie and kick some a$$

They haven't delayed the game at all.

Besides, the gnomes will kill you before you get onto Bunge HQ grounds, and if the gnomes don't kill you, the flaming ninjas will.

J4320
01-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Who here thinks it is going to be released in March?

NY89
01-06-2004, 09:43 PM
I hope it's released in March. Just in time for my birthday

Shadow20002
01-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Hmm..i will like to have Fable, Ninja Gaiden and Halo 2 this year. ;)

PoetSaskia
01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
I hate for it to be delayed, but better for it to be delayed than to be released and be laggy. I read on this site that Microsoft was unhappy with the online play. If Halo 2 has considerable lag, then xbox live will have been a miserable failure, IMO. Crimson Skies has proven that there can be a lag-free game on xbox live. To my knowledge it is the only live game to perform well. I just hope Halo 2 somehow turns out to be that good in online play. I also hope it has multiplayer bots.

J4320
01-08-2004, 07:33 PM
There won't be bots in Halo 2. I am 90% sure. I think Bungie even said there wouldn't be. Sorry.

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Right now, XBox.com says March 2004, however, Bungie's website says that there is no official release date. I'm going to guess that it's going to come out in March or April. Hell, I'll be tickled in all of my pink spots if it comes out in May! :D

E Nomini Patri
01-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by j4320
There won't be bots in Halo 2. I am 90% sure. I think Bungie even said there wouldn't be. Sorry.

You need to research a little more before you say things:

2/12/2003 1:47 PM , by SketchFactor
Q Will there be multiplayer bots?
A We have not made a final decision regarding bots yet. The team has heard the cries of fans and we're exploring ways to make multiplayer games more enjoyable for gamers with only 2 controllers and no Live access.

And to you Poet...

Originally posted by PoetSaskia
I hate for it to be delayed, but better for it to be delayed than to be released and be laggy.

It hasn't been delayed, they haven't even set a release date yet. Also, for all you know the game could run great on Xbox LIVE. How do you know it will be laggy?

PoetSaskia
01-08-2004, 11:01 PM
thanks for posting that info about the bots from Bungie, Starwarsfanman. I remember reading that, but I wouldn't have been able to find it. Anyway, I don't know it will be laggy, I just remember reading on this site that MS wasn't happy with the online play, as I said, so that's why I said that. But hasn't every other game been laggy except for Crimson Skies? Man, I really hope it doesn't lag like I have heard just about every other game does. It seems to me that xbox Live has had a pretty poor track record so far, and I am hoping Bungie will be able to find a way around it because they are Bungie. After all, Crimson Skies proved it can be done. I hope it turns out great.

themoosearmy
01-09-2004, 02:49 AM
On the bots issue:

As far as bots go, it would be VERY difficult to program an effective bot to play CTF, a game with countless variations and strategy. I think bots would prolly only be capable in slayer just because the AI is already there. If you've played MOH:Rising Sun, you can see a good example of bots. My friends and I play 4 on 4 versus the japanese all the time, great fun.

J4320
01-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

You need to research a little more before you say things:

And to you Poet...

It hasn't been delayed, they haven't even set a release date yet. Also, for all you know the game could run great on Xbox LIVE. How do you know it will be laggy?
Bungie hardly ever updates their site for Halo 2 information. And don't tell me to search a little more before I say things. I heard on some Bungie interview or something that they didn't want to make bots for multiplayer. They said there was a small chance of that happening. So please don't tell me that. I know what I am talking about.

E Nomini Patri
01-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by J4320

Bungie hardly ever updates their site for Halo 2 information. And don't tell me to search a little more before I say things. I heard on some Bungie interview or something that they didn't want to make bots for multiplayer. They said there was a small chance of that happening. So please don't tell me that. I know what I am talking about.

Well why don't you post a link to the interview?

They don't update often because they want the game to be a surprise and for it to be unique when it is released. Would you want them to tell you everything about the game before it is out? I think not!

So, since you know what you are talking about, prove that what you know you are talking about is true.

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Honestly, at this point, I don't even want to hear any more new information regarding Halo 2...unless it's an official release date. I don't want to feel like I have played the game by the time I own it by knowing too much :)

Zen
01-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Halo 2 will be out in end of march... least thats what this stupid bungee employee keeps screaming at me everytime i ask him.

take it with a grian of salt if youd like, but my ears hurt from the shoutin

E Nomini Patri
01-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Zen
Halo 2 will be out in end of march... least thats what this stupid bungee employee keeps screaming at me everytime i ask him.

take it with a grian of salt if youd like, but my ears hurt from the shoutin

That kind of stuff gets annoying really really fast. I especially hate people that say, "My friend told me..."

Maximus- Yeah I completely agree, but I won't ignore tidbits from Bungie, because I know they are smart enough to not spoil the game. Party on!

Discretion
01-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Bungie will release Halo 2 once it's ready to be released. I have seen a topic like this at least 10 times on each message board I go to. It's getting quite old, and annoying. In my opinion, stop thinking about it. It will come when it comes. Unless it's straight from Bungie officials themselves, and not a fake bungie official either, don't believe it. The only site I would even take into account on the issue is http://www.bungie.net

Until they release information, it's all speculation and should be ignored.

J4320
01-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Awesome sig Discretion! Did you make that?:D

Discretion
01-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by J4320
Awesome sig Discretion! Did you make that?:D

Yeah, of course I did... Wait, I mean Liquid Gears did. I had a brain freeze for a second. ;)

mrgeorge88
01-10-2004, 06:32 PM
to believe the rumors or not....

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Technically, it's impossible for Halo 2 to be delayed... Why? They have yet to announce an official release day :)

BunnyRabbit
01-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
Technically, it's impossible for Halo 2 to be delayed... Why? They have yet to announce an official release day :)

Exactly man.. I was so going to put that when I came in here... But you are one step ahead of me.. You always have been! :eek:

LoL... Anyway...:cuss:

J4320
01-10-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm just learning the powers of Adobe Photoshop. Do any of you guys like my new sig?