PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Sin City Confirmed: Complete with release date

Yankeez
01-06-2004, 12:20 AM
January 05, 2004 - It's not uncommon to find listings for unannounced games on retailers' lists. Because they have to update databases and prepare for the launch of a game, retailers are often privy to release information earlier than even much of the press. Such is the case with the next game in the Grand Theft Auto series, Sin City.

Rumored for months to be either Sin City or San Andreas, it looks like Vegas won out. A search for Sin City on Amazon's UK site will pull up a page for Grand Theft Auto IV: Sin City, scheduled for release on November 4, 2004 in Europe. The console of choice listed is not surprisingly the PlayStation 2, but with last year's release of the Double Pack, an Xbox port is not out of the question.
We know absolutely nothing about the game outside of the title's implication that the game will take place in Las Vegas-like city - perfect, considering the theme and tone of the previous games. We can only assume that Sin City will use a modified GTA 3 graphics engine, and that the game will be a small evolution for the series as opposed to a revolution.

We attempted to contact Rockstar Games to get an official comment, but the company had nothing to say, not even a "no comment."

Source (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/449/449090p1.html)

xbox genius
01-06-2004, 02:21 AM
yeah they better send gta 4 over to xbox... i dont care if its later than ps2 release... just as long as i get to play it on xbox

gta dp was my 3rd best buy i made for the xbox.... 1st halo. 2nd splinter cell hehe

sounds good . vegas style dang i'm hyped up already

RagunCajun
01-06-2004, 03:24 AM
sin city could mean new orleans. Of course, nothing happens here that is worth a game.

DocHoliday78
01-06-2004, 03:50 AM
Its Rockstars loss if they dont put that game on the xbox. They can make a nice profit but if they do decide i hope they use more of the xbox's power then the double pack.

Sheeyt
01-06-2004, 07:43 AM
GTA double pack is selling like crazy on Xbox. Rockstar would be absolutely retarded to not release the new game on Xbox as well.

RichVGS
01-06-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm not so sure if its really up to Rockstar if Xbox gets the game at the same time. Rockstar still has a pretty specific contract with Sony, and I think that one of the original stipulations was that Sony got the games first, with an option to release on other systems at a later date (between six months to a year, if I remember reading correctly). I'd love to see it hit same time too, but I'm not holding my breath.

qbakies
01-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Sin City won't hit Xbox until 2005 if it is giong to come at all.

OC Noob
01-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
I'm not so sure if its really up to Rockstar if Xbox gets the game at the same time. Rockstar still has a pretty specific contract with Sony, and I think that one of the original stipulations was that Sony got the games first, with an option to release on other systems at a later date (between six months to a year, if I remember reading correctly). I'd love to see it hit same time too, but I'm not holding my breath.

You are right, they don't have a choice in this one.

LynxFX
01-06-2004, 10:45 AM
The name, and released date still aren't official either. Amazon UK just stuck it up there based on the rumormill.

BTW, did I pick the name or what? :D Back when Vice City came out I immediately thought that they should do one based in Vegas and call it Sin City. Bastages stole my idea!! :p

Sheeyt
01-06-2004, 01:51 PM
I thought RockStar's contract with Sony expired at the end of this year. I understand that PS2 will get the game first. However I highly doubt that Xbox will get the shaft like they did last time. I think Rockstar would be stupid if they signed another deal like the last one.

mattgame
01-06-2004, 02:19 PM
The second and final reason to have a PS2.:D

DocHoliday78
01-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
The second and final reason to have a PS2.:D

Yeah right the only reason to have a ps2 is to show how crappy games can play and look.:p

MikeMan91389
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
The name, and released date still aren't official either. Amazon UK just stuck it up there based on the rumormill.

BTW, did I pick the name or what? :D Back when Vice City came out I immediately thought that they should do one based in Vegas and call it Sin City. Bastages stole my idea!! :p

I REMEMBER THAT!!! Reading it i was like... who sed that???? then i saw ur post!!! That sweet!cant wait

Hard Boiled Cop
01-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Their contract with Sony expired, just like TheRightisRight said. So it should come out on the xbox if they want to make more money. Besides this is a rumour about the release date. The place is probably true.