PDA

View Full Version : Whats so good about oddworld???

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 03:58 PM
man i played the demo of oddworld on halo and i dont see anything good about it. sumeone plz tell me whats so good and if its worth buying???:confused:

l Maximus l
01-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Markus...I have only played Oddworld's demo, too. But, after reading all of the reviews and talking with people that own the game, I understand that the demo does absolutely no justice for the game...in fact, I heard from the owners of the game that the demo even makes the game appear to be horrible!

So, I decided to buy it...and it should be in my mailbox today or, perhaps, tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think about it :p

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 04:04 PM
ok thnx max

DBXNY
01-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I don't think Oddworld really gets it's fair share of praise for some reason by some. I've read posts where some think it's a kiddie game. It's far from it. Having had hours of play into it, I can't imagine most kids having the patience, and in many cases the aptitude to solve the intricate puzzles this game has.

Also, many praise the graphics of Halo and DOA3 quite a bit, but in my opinion, in 480p mode, Oddworld's graphics looks better than both. It has the absolute smoothest graphics I've ever seen - there are absolutely no jaggies at all.

Personally, I would definitely say Oddworld is a must have for an X-box owner.

robnyack
01-04-2002, 07:25 PM
DITTO to DBXNY

MadDawg276
01-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Oddworld is a great game the demo is really bad. I beat it already and I am working on rescueing everbody

The Terminator
01-04-2002, 07:49 PM
I just started playing it today for about 1.5 hours... I probably spent about 20 minutes farting in people's facing tho., lmao

It seems pretty fun so far, and the story is very far from a kid's game. So far, if you can put 2 and 2 together, u'll go fast, but from what I hear it gets very challenging.

XBOX MSSC
01-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Man, I LOVE oddworld it's one of the best games for xbox. Sure Master Cheif could blow 694 holes in munch any day but, Munch is the only gabbit who can control a crane with brain power...

PS Iwanna see Richard Simmons do that ;)

XBOX Dude
01-04-2002, 07:54 PM
yeah i rented the game twice and let me tell you it's a great game a little slow at the start but then it really just picks up, it's a fun game and i think you need an adult mind to figure out some of the puzzels and i don't think a kid has that type of apptitude

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 09:23 PM
k thnx:)