PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed Underground

BinaryXtreme
01-07-2004, 01:27 PM
If any of you haven't played this game, I strongly recommend it. This game is a blast. My wife and I are addicted. As you play you earn money and unlock really cool paint, window stickers, vinyl decals, performance upgrades, and many different cars to choose from. The only 2 things I would want to add are more tracks and Live enabled so you could show off your ride. Tricking out your car with new rims and choosing what color to paint your engine along with outstanding game play makes this game a car lovers dream game. Anyone else love this game? Any changes you'd make?

RichVGS
01-07-2004, 01:39 PM
I need to have custom soundtracks on my racing games in order to enjoy them, and last time I checked it was not a feature offered on Need for Speed. I'll probably rent it before I buy it.

Spaztic
01-07-2004, 01:56 PM
This game as you stated dosn't support the custom soundtracks, but blows any other racer away on its funfactor.

Professor Kaos
01-07-2004, 01:59 PM
And the soundtrack is suprisingly good, many racing games have horrible soundtarcks but i very much like this and have downloaded many songs off it.

Chaotic
01-07-2004, 02:50 PM
I also agree with you guys, I have this game on my PC and love it. So kick ass.

Hugopolo
01-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Heres a tip for a custom sound track to any game

Turn in-game music off and sound fx's on. Now this next part is confusing but here goes turn on a cd player

SiGuy
01-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Yup definately an awesome game. You get a pretty good variety of cars to choose from and pretty much unlimited modifications. The graphics are great and the controls are even better. The only thing I dont understand is why they offer you different brands of performance parts to choose from. Definately not a waste of money!:cheers:

DocHoliday78
01-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
I also agree with you guys, I have this game on my PC and love it. So kick ass.

I like a little more for the pc just becasue of the custom soundtrack and better graphics. Awesome game but its a little long

zReDLiNeR
01-08-2004, 01:13 PM
why is it not xbox live enabled, becuase it is on ps2 and pc...l :watchout:

mattgame
01-08-2004, 01:44 PM
I enjoyed the game but it is not the best ever. It needs soundtracks, replays, and better AI.

MikeMan91389
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by zReDLiNeR
why is it not xbox live enabled, becuase it is on ps2 and pc...l :watchout:

I not sure... unless it is an EA game... then thats why....is it EA?

BinaryXtreme
01-08-2004, 05:03 PM
Yep EA...............SURPRISE! This game should be live.

jimmer71
01-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Yep EA Game. EA sux don't support them.

mrgeorge88
01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
it looks pretty cool- illegal street racing sounds great

BoundBruiser
01-08-2004, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimmer71
Yep EA Game. EA sux don't support them. [/QUOTE

EXACTLY!!!:cheers:

LiquidX
01-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by mrgeorge88
it looks pretty cool- illegal street racing sounds great

Yeah... now if they made a good muscle car street racing game I would buy it in a second... God dang The Fast & The Furious punks ruined everything...

Zion
01-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I'll be stealing this game because

A) It's EA
B) It's mulitplatform

I ain't supporting EA's junk, but I'd like to have the game :D

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:34 PM
I've played the game. It is a hell of a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It's definately a must have if you are into tricking out rides and seeing how they perform out on the road.

Despite it being EA and not on XBox Live, it's a must have for dudes that like to trick out cars and seeing how it performs. This game would be even more huge if it was on XBL.

Maybe one day EA will see the light and put their games on Live. This one would be a must...let's hope for a sequel on XBL!

But, don't hold your breath...last thing I want to see is a bunch of sophicated addicts! :yikes:

Carnage
01-08-2004, 08:39 PM
If its any consolation to you guys, the online play for the PC is pretty terrible. The lag is an absolute joke :mad:

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Carnage
If its any consolation to you guys, the online play for the PC is pretty terrible. The lag is an absolute joke :mad:

Like any game, you have to find a good server. If the host only has 128K upload, then, yes, it will lag badly.

Also, if there are dudes using dial-up...that'll lag it up bad, too, of course.

That's why I don't enjoy playing games on-line with the PC...too many idiots trying to use dial-up. XBox Live is 100% broadband...ta dow!!