PDA

View Full Version : Watch out if you got the Best Buy 5 dollar deal!

wolfy
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I was just over at the cheapassgamer.com forums and apparently some people who tried the five dollar deal for platinum hits are now having their credit cards charged full price for the games. So just a heads up if you ordered alot of games because you might be getting charged for than you thought you were going to be charged. I ordered mine and have only gotten an order confirmation e-mail but my order is still being processed so I am watching it very closely.

CarGuy
01-07-2004, 07:00 PM
LOL.. Sorry, but that's what they get for being greedy.. It's funny how in my "What would you do?" thread everybody that responded went on about how it was wrong to take a game from a retail store. But so many people have no problem taking advantage of a glitch that reduces the price by 75% consequently ripping them off....

No Fear 23
01-07-2004, 07:21 PM
poor yankeez, he ordered 95$ worth of plantinum hit games. yes, 24 games.

24 times 20$= something big

MerimacHamwich
01-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Haha. No Fear you simpleton. It's 480$.

ScottTheKilla
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
If they charge people differently then what it says on there receipt then best buy will screw themselves. They cannot turn around and charge you differently unless they inform you first and get your permission for the change.

LynxFX
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
They have no reason to worry. If the glitch is on Best Buy's part then the most they can do is cancel the order, they can't charge you more than your confirmation email states, which would be the $5 per game.

MikeMan91389
01-07-2004, 10:50 PM
yep, and i got my sheets printed out.... u scared me for a min. If they charge ur card full, ill sue... I got the reciept with me, so we'll see. Damn, that actually scared me :) i got

14x20 + 50 for PoP

NorCal Kid
01-07-2004, 10:57 PM
I got an email today from BestBuy saying that they cancled my order because the games where sold at an incorrect price. I got a conformation email from them also and then they cancled my order. So I would expect everyone else's order not to work because BB is very aware of the mistake they made.

MikeMan91389
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
which sux! lol... but how do i save a picture of the screen? like save it in paint... u go like print page or sumthing... then paste? i dunno, but i want proof :) just in case

MikeMan91389
01-07-2004, 11:04 PM
woops, sry for the double post, but guess what! my 40 buck freeeeee PS2 splintercell ardy shipped... what happens then?!?!

wolfy
01-07-2004, 11:23 PM
yeah my order just got cancelled also. i'm pretty sure that it would be illegal for best buy to charge someone's card a higher price than what they paid for it.

Bakeman
01-08-2004, 12:28 AM
yeah mine got cancelled.... BUT I only had 2 games being delivered..

I did store pick up on 4 games. Which I have a reciept for $21 and some cents.

BB would be royally screwed if they suddenly charged my card for full price. But the charge already went through for the 21 bucks.

Dark Enemy
01-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Man this sucks. When i heard of this deal i put my other splinter cell on ebay because i was getting on with the order. Today the auction ended and i have to sell it and then i get an email from the canceling the order. WTF. They should cancel the people who order 100 games and stuff

dances with broom sticks
01-08-2004, 01:35 AM
ahh the joys of being canadian! :cheers:

DocHoliday78
01-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by CarGuy
LOL.. Sorry, but that's what they get for being greedy.. It's funny how in my "What would you do?" thread everybody that responded went on about how it was wrong to take a game from a retail store. But so many people have no problem taking advantage of a glitch that reduces the price by 75% consequently ripping them off....

How is this stealing? They are still paying for it, just an incredible price. Its called being a smart buyer. I have never encountered a person shopping for the highest price.

Boomslang
01-08-2004, 03:37 AM
well i already picked up my games instore...and im waiting for 2...they can cancel those two for all i care...can i do that myself? and i still havent been charged for anything...whats weird is...after i ordered...i was charged....then credited back (i guess they tried to "cancel" on me?) then i picked up my games...but i am expecting them to charge me...just not at 19.99/game which they cant

i dont get it. so what if i cancel the two other games that are waiting to ship............

jimmer71
01-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Bestbuy cannot charge anymore than your cart was confirmed at. End of story.

Yankeez
01-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23
poor yankeez, he ordered 95$ worth of plantinum hit games. yes, 24 games.

24 times 20$= something big

u guys fall for rumors so easily look at all the people at xba who ordered games how many of u got charge full price

o thats right thanx :)

to bad i already got all my games and my CC was closed on monday :D

hugs his games

MikeMan91389
01-08-2004, 02:13 PM
My order hasn't been canceled yet, and one is already shipped.. we shall see how things go!

Rancid_XBOX
01-08-2004, 05:55 PM
i just got my hitman2 today in the mail and my sc is backordered

BORNGD
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
I GOT the cancel email also, BUT at the same time i got an email that a few of the games were shipped....

did anyone get this one also? it says i have two games on the way (5 bucks each)...any idea??

peejay
01-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Wolfy, I'm in the same situation as you. I received the confirmation and was waiting for the confirmation of shipment details.

Well I just called customer service and tried to switch my order to store pickup, but the only thing they'll do for you is check to see if the store near you has the games, cancel your order, and tell you you can go get them at the store.

I asked him about getting them at the same price as online, but he put me on hold and talked to his superviser. He said my order was gonna get cancelled anyway and they were gonna send me an email sayin how there was an error in the system. Then the email will give you a 10% thing to use.

So basically, go ahead and get prepared for the email. Your order will be cancelled but you'll still get to use the 10% off thing.

wbio
01-08-2004, 08:44 PM
yea, BB couldn't do this, although I wish they had done it to me, lol, so I could sue. Mine got cancelled too. I should have done in-store pickup because I had a feeling this was going to happen

l Maximus l
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
I'd pay cash :D

Discretion
01-08-2004, 09:09 PM
I have two orders, but only one has been cancelled. I have Splinter Cell and Sega GT Online in there. We will see...

WynnFire
01-08-2004, 10:55 PM
They just cancelled mine without telling me, I only got two games though, I wouldn't have minded if they charged me the full price, I 'm still going to get the games.