PDA

View Full Version : need dsl help!

halopimp
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
I live out in the contry and dont have a telphone tower or cable or anything, so i cant play xbox online, cna any one help me i need to know anything for me that can go fast so i can play like halo online and stuff help!

BinaryXtreme
01-07-2004, 09:21 PM
You'll have to have a broadband connection to play xbox live. Phone lines wouldn't even help if you had it. Nothing I can think of could help you. Sorry.........

DocHoliday78
01-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, to doulbe check if you have any carriers go to www.dsl.com and put in your area code. Besides that i cant help you any, btw next time go to the cpu thread.:cheers:

jimmer71
01-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Check if there is any wireless carriers in the area. It could get expensive for the install but it might work. Also call 1-800-directv and ask them about there hi speed internet. It is a satelittle modem that is ethernet based. Give them a call.

BananaMan
01-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
You'll have to have a broadband connection to play xbox live. Phone lines wouldn't even help if you had it. Nothing I can think of could help you. Sorry.........

dsl does go through phone lines.

BinaryXtreme
01-08-2004, 05:10 PM
That's correct. DSL does go thru phone lines but you still need a provider. In rural areas it is extremely hard to find DSL carriers though. Satellite is an option but again very hard to find in most rural areas. Pluses about satellite are great upstream but normally cost a fortune to set up and the equipment is not cheap either. DSLreports.com may help though. Good luck.