PDA

View Full Version : Halo is it really an "M" game.

Doom3_
01-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I admited that after playing Halo I realized it WAS good. But recently I play it and it feels like its a kidde game.

RagunCajun
01-08-2004, 06:28 AM
It has ALOT of killing and stuff. I think there is some mild language.....like "kill them." It might not seem a big deal but that's how they rate these games i think.

armyof_one/ltd
01-08-2004, 10:05 AM
It sure is not a kid´s game, cuz even if you don´t notice it´s violent and haven´t you seen that when you fire at The Covenants they bleed and kids might try to play as if they were MC´s and get hurt, not to mention that kids are very easily influenced and manage to get hurt with everything...

Reclaimer
01-08-2004, 04:13 PM
http://www.esrb.org/images/icon_m.gif
MATURE
Titles rated M - Mature have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain mature sexual themes, more intense violence and/or strong language.

There you go. And learning is half the battle. First Person Shooters will most always get the M rating.

J4320
01-08-2004, 04:43 PM
The marines say "no-no" words LOL:D , and there is blood and gore (from aliens), and violence. So it is rated M. There ya go!:)

J4320
01-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Doom3_
Halo is it really an "M" game.

Um, Yeah.. Last time I checked the front of my Halo case it said "M". I'll keep you updated though and tell you if it happens to magically change to something else.:eek:

Doom3_
01-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks I thought that it might magically change i would really apreciate if you let me know if it does change. Ill probably scream bloody murder though.

TuffEagle88
01-10-2004, 07:57 PM
I guess it is, but the only thing I can think about was that when you killed an alien or marine, you could keep blowing their body around or keep smacking it and blood would keep coming out.

I guess that they had to make sure that no one got sued by some idiot kid under 17 who went out and started killing aliens:)

I did feel kinda silly though when I tried to buy it at wal-mart and the lady behind the counter said I needed my mommy, but then I went and got her. Wal-mart is kinda wierd though, they let me buy a hatchet, but I couldn't buy some slingshot ammo, which is just a bunch of steel balls (I guess that they were more worried about the sparrows that I would have shot than the 7 people I ended up hacking to death, but you didn't hear it from me :watchout: )

ghost 009
01-10-2004, 08:29 PM
The Marines cuss.

DocHoliday78
01-14-2004, 03:54 PM
What more would you want MC to do/say. If your thirst can only be quenched by non sense killing and foul language then go pop in duke nukem 3d.

Conchord
01-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Ghost Recon is rated for 'blood and gore violence,' as are many other games that only show blood, and not actual gore, but the ratings are a lot harder nowadays. It's prolly mature cause the dialogue and intense story.

Peepers
01-16-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't think it's an M game. It might be a little much for a T, but it certainly doesn't deserve to share a ranking with the likes of GTA3. I think the ESRB needs a new rank to go between T and M. Games like Halo (and most other FPS's) would fit in that category. Leave M for games like GTA3.

BunnyRabbit
01-17-2004, 05:22 PM
The first time I played that.. The game and 343 guilty spark dude.. It was just creepy and scary man seriously. Dying and death and intergalactic alien wars arent for little kids, but its definitely ok for teens.

The rating system are for people back in the leave it to beaver days. The world has changed people! Get with the times!!

Stiner169
01-23-2004, 07:13 AM
nice poll any thing you put in you get the same answer Halo 2

Conchord
01-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Stiner169
nice poll any thing you put in you get the same answer Halo 2

http://www.toyotacelicas.com/images/emoticons/wtf.gif

happyhotdog
01-28-2004, 11:51 AM
guys who really cares

Jayhawk
01-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by happyhotdog
guys who really cares True That! :cheers:

Xebec
02-05-2004, 10:28 AM
If it had a lower rating, the teenies would not want it. Much like going to the movies, kids don't want to go see a "G" or "PG" movie, they want "R". Game developers, like movie makers, know this and actually want their product to have the higher rating.