PDA

View Full Version : need help in ncaa 2004

crimson tide
01-09-2004, 01:01 AM
i need help with my cb's. my base defense is 4-3 and my pass defense is nickle my team is georgia. every time i try to pass i get picked off even when i catch the com. in man coverage. but my cb's have a chance i never get the pick. the com. can throw into triple coverage and still catch the ball. heck i am lucky if my cb's decide to jump for the ball some times. most of the time my cb's just stand and look at the wr's catch the ball sometimes my db's will run away from the wr's when the ball is in the air. you guys helped with my linemen problem and i would be thankful if you can help me with this problem. please tell me why my cb's are so dumb.

p.s. i have had this problem with every team i have played with. like lsu, miami, texas, arkansas, usc, and florida.

DocHoliday78
01-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Ok, well first off if your having any WR problems do some hooks and curls. Slants work ok but i get caught a few times especially when i get greedy. I play with Michigan and never really had that problem since my d line gets a ton of pressure. Have you tried assigning your cb's to the teams WR's manually and then keeping it in plain man coverage? Also back them up a little bit especially if your getting hurt by the deep ball. If none of this works then get that qb scrambling around with some blitzes so he has to roll out and throw off his back foot. This should help a little bit.

treyz3
01-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Might want to check your sliders. Maybe you need to increase your awareness on defense or maybe up knockdowns or interceptions.

You could also check the forums over atNCAA Utopia (http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa/ncaautopia/). Lots of good stuff there.

crimson tide
01-09-2004, 04:50 PM
thanks for the help guys i had to change my offence a lot. i use to run alot of ace now i use the offence my high school team uses shotgun with 4 wideouts and i go no huddle so i can read the com. defence and make changes at the line. on defence i forgot to mention when my cb's do have a chance to get the pick they knock the ball down or let the ball slip through their hands. i try to mix it up on defence with soft coverages and blitzes. i have great d-linemen and linebackers its just my cb's suck and i am sick of it.

DocHoliday78
01-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Work your ass off in recruiting some cb's.

crimson tide
01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
its going to be hard to recruit cb's. most of my team is young so i may have to deal with my ****ty cb/s for a few seasons before i can gets some good ones

LongHornDawg
01-10-2004, 09:21 AM
to get more interceptions mix in dime coverage, mix in zones with your man to man and put pressure on the qb. I almost always have one of the lbs rushing.

to throw fewer picks, read opponents roster to find their weakest secondary players (cb or safetys) and isolate against them - try to avoid throwing into double/triple coverage (duh), mix outs and hooks with deep throws, use play action (but set it up with runs first)

HAloAddiCT81
01-26-2004, 08:09 PM
the thing here is that you have to switch as fast as you can to the cb that the ball is going then press y and he will jump and this will give u a 50-50 chance of pickin it off so try that !

TheHaloMafia
02-07-2004, 01:31 AM
I would play more blitzes if I was you. Try the different audibles for your D. I find with my style of play if i pinch the D-line in, spread out the linebackers and bring up the secondary, i usually stifle the offense. Do not bring your secondary up if you are in zone. i blitz a lot of outside linebvackers so thats why I have them spread. Don't be afraid to play some wr's back there if they are better than the cb's. this works for me, and i've on average oonly given up 150 yds/gm, and 130 of that is in the air. not too shabby.