PDA

View Full Version : Blood Wake Review **Must See**

Game Nazi
01-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Blood Wake is a great game with great graphics. I got it last weekand I think it is a great game. Other than the fact that your boat always flips back over when you are upside down, and when you run over rocks, nothing happens to your boat but take a little life, it is still a great game!

I think this game is great and that you are the person who loves action packed games, and games that can be challenging, then I suggest this game. If you have any doubts, rent it first.

Here is my review.

Gameplay 9.8/10
The gameplay of this game is very good. The boat pretty much moves like a real boat would, except with a little more gamelike modeling. The only thing I don't like about it is that when you see an enemy really far away (has the little diamond above the boat) it is nearly impossible to shoot them, but they seem to easily hit you from really far away. Other than that, I believe that the gameplay is very good.

Presentation 9.5/10
The presentation of this game is very good. It is a smooth, clean picture and the story line works very well. This game was well planned out. You can pick from many different levels, you can make the water calm, rough and stormy and pick from a lot of boats.

Sound 9/10
The sound I didn't really care for. It is good for the pirate enthusiasts, but I just didn't like it that much. It is good, but on some levels, there is bad background music.
The sound of the boats and firing is all very good. Other than the bad music, I think that the sound is very good.

Graphics 9.8/10
The graphics are amazing. There is so much detail put into the boats, and when they are hit or damaged, there is a mark put onto the boats, and the explosions are amazing. The water looks very nice (almost looks real). The background is also very good.

Lasting Appeal 9.5/10
I believe that this game will take quite awhile to beat. It is not even extremely easy on the easiest setting in Act 3. I believe that this is a great game.

In the end, I was very pleased with this game and I give it two thumbs up!!:D :D

TheIngenious
01-04-2002, 08:51 PM
The game seems tight and the graphics are awesome, but I'm not a big fan of car combat games, or boat combat in this case, way too hard to control (learned that from over-execive play of Cel Damage).

Rancey
01-04-2002, 09:08 PM
Perhaps you should review it in the review section???

Markus_Kalarkus
01-04-2002, 09:11 PM
i wud not buy bloodwake ever. just not my type of game. btw pretty good graphix though;)

rlange
01-05-2002, 10:44 AM
Rent it and you will be hooked.