PDA

View Full Version : perrhaps the Phantom is real after all- It showed at CES

qbakies
01-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I have been just as skeptical as everyone else about the elaborate hoax of the Phantom, but it looks like it may just be real. Click the link in the article posted below to see the specs for the Phantom, it sounds good.

Phantom at CES article (http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6086244.html)

Chaotic
01-09-2004, 12:15 PM
It's been real all along. Some of you just didn't want to believe it.
It has promising specs but will be a big failure.

dances with broom sticks
01-09-2004, 12:17 PM
the console will support regular PC gaming on monitors or televisions

It doesnt have any cd/dvd drives? will you have to download normal PC games?

Chaotic
01-09-2004, 12:23 PM
yea its kinda like that crap you see at hotels with ondemand games, with real time and downloads.

It's dumb IMO.

X-Fan
01-09-2004, 12:27 PM
umm i know it was real but i also knew that itw as gonna be areal failure which i still know it will be so plz stop with teh phantom threads.

OuFtb
01-09-2004, 12:33 PM
They showed this on the ScreenSavers last night, I was pretty much confused since I saw it cause I wasn't sure if it was the Phatom or not, they called it the Apex exreme or somthing like that, but the pics are the exact thing they showed. They said it will cost about 400 dollars, I don't think anyone would shell out that much for it, and it looks pretty stupid to me.

LynxFX
01-09-2004, 02:08 PM
And this is what the back of the Xbox2 had better look like:

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/screens_6086244.html?page=3

I'm very impressed. Doubt it will be successful, but impressed none-the-less.

George89
01-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks

It doesnt have any cd/dvd drives? will you have to download normal PC games?

You supposedly order games and you download them onto the console....so no bringing games to other peoples houses, preowned, or trading games I guess.

and here is a quote from Gamespot: Although the presenters never actually turned the machine on.

Looks like a big metal box with a logo to me

Slacker
01-09-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by George89

You supposedly order games and you download them onto the console....so no bringing games to other peoples houses, preowned, or trading games I guess.

and here is a quote from Gamespot: Although the presenters never actually turned the machine on.

Looks like a big metal box with a logo to me

took the words outta my mouth, ...never turned it on.:huh: I still say its a hoax ,,,yes Im stubborn :)

ShannonX
01-09-2004, 07:40 PM
hey, i can make one to, pay somebody for a pretty case and then put a normal pc in it. w00t! got me a Shannon console. Now i'll sell millions.

its more of a pc than the xbox could ever hope to be. (obviously, since all you play are old pc games.)

bretman1234
01-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage-DDC
Thats what all the PS Fanboys said of XBOX when it first showed up.....

OC Noob
01-09-2004, 08:01 PM

Spoken like a person that knows absolutly nothing on the subject.

They have yet to get ANY funding partners and its awfully damn hard to get those kind of high dollar funders with concept art and a web site.

So far they have done a web site, a press release that anyone could do and concept pictures half the people on this site could do.

I'll believe it when they get their finacial ducks in a row.

CharlieHustle
01-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA
And this is what the back of the Xbox2 had better look like:

http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/screens_6086244.html?page=3

I'm very impressed. Doubt it will be successful, but impressed none-the-less.

I know!!!! Thats how i hope the back of the next xbox look. I dont care about the cable modem thingy, the composite and the digital out would be perfect.

Chaotic
01-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

Spoken like a person that knows absolutly nothing on the subject.

They have yet to get ANY funding partners and its awfully damn hard to get those kind of high dollar funders with concept art and a web site.

So far they have done a web site, a press release that anyone could do and concept pictures half the people on this site could do.

I'll believe it when they get their finacial ducks in a row.

Your message board incompetence is an inspiration to botched lobotomy patients everywhere. Dullard, do yourself and everyone else a favor: disconnect your computer from the Internet.

When I want your monkey-brained opinion I'll rattle your cage, okay? If ignorance were a disability, you'd get the full pension. However, I'll consider letting you have the last word if you guarantee it will be your last. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. If you called the Suicide Hotline, they'd say: "Go ahead. Do it!" Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't intellectually slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through a vat of chunky peanut butter; if your weren't so fat that when God said "Let there be Light", he told you to move your fat ass out of the way, or if you didn't have a face that makes people ask: "Damn, is it Halloween already?" Nah, of course you would.

Please try to have some small idea of what in the hell you're talking about before you try to post again

dances with broom sticks
01-09-2004, 09:54 PM

Your message board incompetence is an inspiration to botched lobotomy patients everywhere. Dullard, do yourself and everyone else a favor: disconnect your computer from the Internet.

When I want your monkey-brained opinion I'll rattle your cage, okay? If ignorance were a disability, you'd get the full pension. However, I'll consider letting you have the last word if you guarantee it will be your last. Oh well, as the late Douglas Adams said: "You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

If that post was intended as a joke, you forgot to include the punch line. If you called the Suicide Hotline, they'd say: "Go ahead. Do it!" Maybe you wouldn't come across as such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you weren't intellectually slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through a vat of chunky peanut butter; if your weren't so fat that when God said "Let there be Light", he told you to move your fat ass out of the way, or if you didn't have a face that makes people ask: "Damn, is it Halloween already?" Nah, of course you would.

Please try to have some small idea of what in the hell you're talking about before you try to post again

Reasons why you never get on chaotics bad side :rofl:

Angell
01-09-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by George89

...Looks like a big metal box with a logo to me

Wow, what an Ugly chunk of change

OC Noob
01-10-2004, 02:08 AM

Wow, nice collection of insults. Too bad not a single word of the post is proof of you're point.

Maybe if you put half of that effort into learning something about what you're talking about you could come back with something intelligent.

You claim its real and some of us just don't want to believe it. Back it up.

This guy (trivia: that is a contestant on the show Survivor) makes a web site, has a press release, which any Joe Blow can do if he pays the fee and he put out some concept art.

If you want to buy into some hype and rumors then go for it, but don't come out on a public forum passing garbage information off as fact if you can't back it up.

In your next post (after the lame insults) try proving:

1) the Phantom has the hundreds of millions of dollars to develope and produce a console or a backer who has the money.

2) a production facility

3) engineers, coders or any of the host of employees and software developement companies that it will take to develope a console and customize PC games to run on it.

4) the partnerships or rights to use ANY PC software on their console

5) someone to develope an OS.

I don't need stale insults to make you look stupid when you do all the work for me. Try a little harder this time.

Chaotic
01-10-2004, 05:33 AM
all i need to give you is one of these :rofl:

That proves my point.

oldi1knoby
01-10-2004, 05:55 AM
CHILDREN!!! I'LL TURN THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND IF YOU DON'T STOP IT!

This system, if it even ever makes it on store shelves, is the worst idea in the world. Why would they want to give us fat gamers even LESS excersize by not making us go to the store to buy the video games. I personally get my monthly exersize on the way to and from my car going to Software Etc. Must they take this away from me too!?!?!

BananaMan
01-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by oldi1knoby
CHILDREN!!! I'LL TURN THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND IF YOU DON'T STOP IT!

This system, if it even ever makes it on store shelves, is the worst idea in the world. Why would they want to give us fat gamers even LESS excersize by not making us go to the store to buy the video games. I personally get my monthly exersize on the way to and from my car going to Software Etc. Must they take this away from me too!?!?!

haha. I always thought the phantom was a fake, but maybe it's not now. Oh well, i'll still stick with the good ol' xbox.