PDA

View Full Version : Trading in games?



jhsu
01-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Tomorrow I'm heading to our local mall to trade in a few old XBOX games....namely, Brute Force, Hunter, Capcom vs. SNK 2EO, and MK Deadly Alliance.
my question is, which game store chain(EB or Gamestop) will give me more money for my games? any ideas?

The Jackal
01-09-2004, 08:20 PM
doesnt matter really... either one wont give you much

nutsnyomowf
01-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
doesnt matter really... either one wont give you much

Hes right about that.Its almost not worth it to give them up.

J4320
01-10-2004, 12:32 AM
I would just keep my xbox games... But that's just me.

RichVGS
01-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Take them to GameStop because they're still giving an extra $10 when you trade in any three games from a single system (excluding old sports games).

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 08:18 PM
It's not unusual to only get a mere $3 for each game. If you ask me, it's highway robery.

I sold some at a garage sale I had last summer...I got $50 for 3 OLD games :D

Snake Eyez
01-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
It's not unusual to only get a mere $3 for each game. If you ask me, it's highway robery.

I sold some at a garage sale I had last summer...I got $50 for 3 OLD games :D

Reminds me of when you sell your books back after you use them for a class. Legalized robbery.:(

ScorpionX
01-10-2004, 11:43 PM
You won't get much from either place. I'd try to trade them away because most of those games are old/bad :eek:

Prankster101
01-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I sold some at a garage sale I had last summer...I got $50 for 3 OLD games :D

Ya garage sales are better i sold some games for like 20 each.

Cause like mothers and grandmothers mostly go to them and want to buy games for there grandchildern or childern and they dont know whats a good price. :cool:

Trento52
01-11-2004, 01:59 AM
I would keep them because you can find those games cheap except maybe brute force so they will give you close to nohing.

mdooz
01-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Both places give you crap for games unless they're fairly new. I think you should try to sell it on ebay or at www.tradegamesnow.com. You'd probably get a lot more money that way or even sell it to some kids/people you know.

Shorezy
01-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Now i'm not sure where you're from but to my knowledge Microplay gives some better cash than EB if your looking to trade in games. I'm not sure if Microplay is in the US and its not very big in Canada where I am. But check it out, just another idea.

NY89
01-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Yea I think if you're trading games probably EB is the best but personally i like Gamestop better maybe cause its only 6 blocks away from me and i havnt been to EB in a long time

Jayhawk
01-11-2004, 12:44 PM
You should sell your games on ebay it will take more time but i garuntee you that you could get more money for those games.

MikeMan91389
01-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Prankster101


Ya garage sales are better i sold some games for like 20 each.

Cause like mothers and grandmothers mostly go to them and want to buy games for there grandchildern or childern and they dont know whats a good price. :cool:

haha.. thats great... :) Grandmas pay anything for anything... my grandma has a 700$ washing mashine that sux balls... what a waste

Trento52
01-11-2004, 01:02 PM
microplay is really cheap to buy some used games which means they will give you even less. The last place i would go is microplay except to buy dreamcast ot gameboy games.

LTM360
01-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by jhsu
Tomorrow I'm heading to our local mall to trade in a few old XBOX games....namely, Brute Force, Hunter, Capcom vs. SNK 2EO, and MK Deadly Alliance.
my question is, which game store chain(EB or Gamestop) will give me more money for my games? any ideas?

EB would give you a better deal, but if you get $10 extra for 3 games like someone said I go with Gamestop.

Capcom V. SNK 2 - EB: $15 Gamestop: $12
Brute Force - EB: $12 Gamestop: $10
Hunter - EB: $12 Gamestop: $10
MK: DA - EB: (depends on how many they have since its a Platinum Hit) Gamestop: $5