PDA

View Full Version : Nfl Street, Is it true?

DocHoliday78
01-10-2004, 06:58 AM
Wow, i have been hearing and reading a lot of good things about this game. This really suprises me since i thought it was gonna be a really really really crappy game. Ign gave it a freaking 9.2

Looks like I am gonna have to try this one out:yikes:

Brimstone D.
01-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Wow, i have been hearing and reading a lot of good things about this game. This really suprises me since i thought it was gonna be a really really really crappy game. Ign gave it a freaking 9.2

I just got my Gamepro issue in the mail a couple days ago and they put the Game on their Cover...anyways in their so-called 'World Exclusive First Review' they basically said it was fun playing the game by yourself only for a bit...You have to play it with other people to really enjoy it, otherwise it gets repetitive and borning after a while...I don't know, after reading their review, I'm now going to buy NBA 2K4, at least I'll try out the infamous '24/7' mode...can't wait.

For XBOX:
Graphics: 4.5
Sound: 4.5
Control: 4.0

Fun Factor (overall): 4.0

Xbox Owner
01-10-2004, 09:35 AM
ign gives 9's to eveeryone

George89
01-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Owner
ign gives 9's to eveeryone

Yes, this is very true, and I'm starting to notice that OXM gives 9's to a lot of games.

Prior
01-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Nfl streets looks great can't wait to play btu i would like if ea made like Fifa Streets or somethign like that it would sick-out

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Probably worth a rental to check it out first, IMO.

TegSkywalker
01-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Prior
Nfl streets looks great can't wait to play btu i would like if ea made like Fifa Streets or somethign like that it would sick-out

It would stick out as the game that nobody bought. Maybe popular for a short time in Europe, but instant bargain bin in the USA.

RichVGS
01-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I was going to ask about Live play, but then I remembered this is an EA title, and therefore the answer is no, and therefore I will not give this the time of day.

Ito
01-10-2004, 02:26 PM
I am only planning on buying one NFL game, and it for sure wont be NFL Street..

Conchord
01-10-2004, 02:39 PM
this game looks isanley idiotic. Why anyone would pay 50 bucks for it is beyond me.

DocHoliday78
01-10-2004, 06:20 PM
I got a feeling too that the price for this game is gonna plumet down to the 20 dollar range. I will wait and see what the gamerankings.com average is.

themoosearmy
01-11-2004, 01:41 AM
It looks sweet but like Brimstone said, only fun by yourself because their is really no possibility for a deep season mode or anything. Worth trying, but wait till it drops to buy like i did with the first of my favorite hockey games: Hitz 20-02. I think this copy will be successful as opposed to the NBA version jsut because it is football.

mdooz
01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I'll wait till someone else buys it and see how it is. I think it'll be a great game. NFL Street/Vol.2 were succesfull games and I think NFL Street will be like them. NOt a lot of fun playing by yourself, but very fun playing with others.

MikeMan91389
01-11-2004, 12:00 PM
same... I wont bother with the game... it just isnt appealing to me, or others.... o well.. its better than some games!

LTM360
01-11-2004, 12:03 PM
I saw the commercial for it, I think it looks like a horrible game. Street & NBA go together in the sense of odd moves, showing off, that kinda stuff, it just doesn't work with football, nobody plays football like that, IMO its just Madden on the streets rather than an actual playing field, and cheap uniforms (If you want to call it that).

kenji
01-11-2004, 01:33 PM
I don't thin that it will be nearly as fun as NBA street, because their is no street league for football. I mean, what cool moves can you do in football. I just saw some throwns under the leg, and that's about it. I will probably rent it, but I son't think that it will be worth buying.

qbakies
01-12-2004, 09:06 AM
This game has actually grabbed my attention, but I'll wait for some more reviews before making an actual decision.

Unreal
01-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Well I plan on picking it up. I remember back when NBA Street first came out, people said the same thing about it as well. NFL Street is Blitz but done by EA instead of Midway. 7 on 7 football with all the features you wished Blitz had. I know I will be having fun with it. I have fun with NBA Street Vol.2 in single player, so I see no reason why I wont have fun with NFL Street.

jimmer71
01-12-2004, 02:08 PM
It is a EA game. EA games are bad for Xbox and bad for gaming. Until they go live do not support there crap.

DocHoliday78
02-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Well i finally played nfl street and i am loving it. IT has a great "franchise mode" where you can ;make your own players earn development poijnts and unlock goodies. I have a blast when its with 2 or more players. Give this a rent at the least.:cheers:

Unreal
02-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I have NFL Street and the game is a blast to play. More so then NBA Street Vol.2, which I own as well. But, I am a bigger football fan then I am a basketball one. All I know is that I am having alot of fun playing the game and that is all that matters :D

DocHoliday78
02-02-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Unreal
I have NFL Street and the game is a blast to play. More so then NBA Street Vol.2, which I own as well. But, I am a bigger football fan then I am a basketball one. All I know is that I am having alot of fun playing the game and that is all that matters :D

Without a doubt i think this game murders the nba franchise. I got tired of this when i overplayed it on the ps1. This game is a lot deeper and has a more personal feel to it.

themoosearmy
02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
After you get over the buttons (i'm too used to madden) its an awesome game.

"You best get out yo sunblock, cause you bought to get burnt"

Slowride
02-03-2004, 01:21 AM
I CANT WAIT FOR WATER POLO STREET!!!!!!

DocHoliday78
02-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by ChampTTU
I CANT WAIT FOR WATER POLO STREET!!!!!!

:huh:

Spaztic
02-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by jimmer71
It is a EA game. EA games are bad for Xbox and bad for gaming. Until they go live do not support there crap.

That is a very stupid statement. Just becuase EA dosn't support live (which they are starting to do) dosn't mean that they don't have any good games. I have enjoyed both metal of honors, FIFA 2004, and Nascar2004. Even though the games are ports and don't take advantage of all the xbox capibilitys there is still some solid and reliable gameplay!

I am going to rent NFL Street becuase it could be cool buy I am not going to play Russian Roulette with my $50!

Wolfgame
02-03-2004, 08:43 AM
:huh: Im kinda confused nearly everyone talking in this theard hasnt even tried the game first hand yet. I hang out at my local gaming store for hours on the weekend and this is all we talk about, My friend even stopped working so we could play a few games, its just that addictive. I found a used copy for 40$ and Youd be a fool to not realize that this is one of the funnest football games this year, I beleive ea is one step closer to supporting live, simply because in NFL STREET they have already added custtom sound tracks.:D :cheers:

Heavens Gate
02-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I have the game and it is VERY fun. Why would they come out with this because honestly, it will take away sales from madden. Madden is a sim yes but street is just so much fun. It brings back memories of all our friends getting together and playing a game. The locations are great as well. Try it and see for yourself. It's really fun and fast paced. The moves and laterals are incredible too. There's alot of stratedgy to this game.

mattgame
02-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Well i finally played nfl street and i am loving it. IT has a great "franchise mode" where you can ;make your own players earn development poijnts and unlock goodies. I have a blast when its with 2 or more players. Give this a rent at the least.:cheers:

I am with Doc on this one. I know, I know, it's EA but I needed something new. I am having a blast with it. I only have one complaint. It is kinda rough gettin past the some of the challenges. I mean you don't have a lot of development points so you basically start with scrubs. Other than that, it's fun. Oh yeah and it's selling like hotcakes, you guys will be waiting for a long time for this one to be priced down. :)

BinaryXtreme
02-03-2004, 01:01 PM
It does look interesting but I'd like to know how good the game play is and how long it will keep my attention.

CRAYMAN
02-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Looks like "Blitz" in street clothes to me.

XboxTJ
02-03-2004, 03:19 PM

I played it and it blew me away, it is so good. There is nothing more fun than throwing to a WR a behind the back or through the leg passes, lol. Plus...lots of trash talking!

mdooz
02-03-2004, 08:36 PM
I got my copy the day after it came out for xbox and have been playing it pretty much every day since then. Single player is very fun and addictive, but multiplayer is even better. This is as good if not better then NBA Street Vol.2. First couple games were wierd because I am more used to Madden, but after that, it's very very fun. Definately rent this atleast.

themoosearmy
02-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Looks like "Blitz" in street clothes to me.

It definately isn't dude, if you play it you will realize the difference. Liket hey said, "its a new brand of football." I'm talkin 4 tips and then the int, tackles into brick walls, passes behind the back, and through-the-legs laterals, its pretty badass.