PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh! Fable in 2005!? Halo 2 Delayed!?

George89
01-10-2004, 08:21 AM
Here is a quote right out of my gamespot newsletter:

-This year will see some pretty obvious heavy hitters on the Xbox. Right out of the gate, we'll get Ninja Gaiden sometime this quarter. Halo 2 will probably be released sometime this year, too... though I wouldn't put money on an April release date if I were you. Sure, that's what all the retail sites are reporting, but they're crazy. I'll slide in another prediction here and say that we probably won't see Halo 2 until it's time for everyone to cough up more money for a third year of Xbox Live. While we're talking crazy, I'll also say that I don't think Fable will come out this year. Again, call it a gut feeling, a hunch, whatever, but yeah. Fable smells like 2005 to me-

Ok ok...I know that it's just what one person says but he could be right.

and I just found this today:
link-------> http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/news_6086212.html

(this is the important stuff from the link)
Chief Xbox Officer Robbie Bach:
Bach's second revelation was that Halo 2, easily the console's most anticipated game for 2004, may not be ready for its previously reported April release date. Repeating the developer mantra, "We're going to ship it when it's ready," Bach continued, "That might be the first half of 2004, it might not. You have to be careful with franchises like this." It may--or may not--be worth noting that the original Halo was a holiday 2001 release.

Ironically, Bach also denied any plans to turn the Xbox into a media center--just hours before Microsoft chairman Bill Gates unveiled the Xbox Media Center Extender Kit. "It's not Xbox's role to be the center of what we do in the living room at home," said Bach.

BunnyRabbit
01-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Im very mad now... Dumb magazine... Dumb guy = STUPID ASS PREDICTIONS! :cuss:

No, but, whether or not he is right who cares.. He is some schmo that got a job at a magazine place not friggin Bill Gates.

Hard Boiled Cop
01-10-2004, 08:33 AM
How does this person know about the delay and the release date? Its only one guy like you said so it can't really be proven unless he went up to the developers and asked them personally. I won't believe anything until I have a confirmation from one of the developers.

George89
01-10-2004, 08:53 AM
The only reason this worries me is that he is Jeff Gerstmann, the senior editor of gamespot.com

Hitman101
01-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Wow, thats lame..... :eek: :D

Xbox Owner
01-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by George89
The only reason this worries me is that he is Jeff Gerstmann, the senior editor of gamespot.com

Oh, it's Jeff? Pfffffff...since when did he ever like Xbox?

George89
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty sure he doesnt but he might be good at predicting.

Kraft
01-10-2004, 09:50 AM
The sad thing is that he is probably right. In all honesty it makes the biggest sense to release Halo 2 in November as you are going to make massive sales due to X-mas and really increase the turnover rate for XBL.

What really annoys me is that Rare is rumored have pushed back Perfect Dark Zero not just to a later date, but to a later system. PD probably won't be seen until the next Xbox system hits shelves now.

Microsoft had a good idea, they were planning on releasing some hit games between Jan - April, a time when the gaming market is next to dead... but either game devs got lazy or MS was again blinded by the $ sign.

BunnyRabbit
01-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Will Xbox2 Play Xbox games? I will go crazy mad if not.. Do you know Nick? THEY BEST DUDE!!!!!! For real...:(

J4320
01-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
Will Xbox2 Play Xbox games? I will go crazy mad if not.. Do you know Nick? THEY BEST DUDE!!!!!! For real...:(
Xbox 2 might not be backwards compatible. You can sign a petition for it to be backwards compatible here (http://www.petitiononline.com/xbox2/petition.html).

mrgeorge88
01-10-2004, 12:27 PM
halo 2 and the word "delayed" i never want to see in the same sentence AGAIN

kenji
01-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I can't say that I really trust him that much. I don't have high hopes for Fable since it is being pushed back so far. I'm not as excited about it anymore. Halo 2 will come out when it is ready. I hope Bungie actually sets a date then keepinng us waiting for so long.

thegamepeddler
01-10-2004, 12:48 PM
Halo 2 has always been "when it's finished". Just because Ed Fries or whoever says that it may be done in April, it may not be doesnt mean that it WONT be done in April. And just because Gerstmann says something doesnt mean ANYTHING. Delays are a part of the reality of the business, but I'm not taking the word of a guy who gave Tony Hawk 3 a perfect 10 for anything.

Halo 2 will sell millions no matter when they release it. It will be huge this christmas no matter when they release it. If Halo is still selling 40,000 copies a month, believe me MS isnt worried about the time of year.

There is no good reason to believe that Fable is more than a year away. If someone can come up with one, I'd love to hear it.

There is no evidence that Perfect Dark 0 is not going to be on Xbox.

May is when we find out what is going on for the next year, not January.

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
The sad thing is that he is probably right. In all honesty it makes the biggest sense to release Halo 2 in November as you are going to make massive sales due to X-mas and really increase the turnover rate for XBL.

Dude...no offense, chief, but, I rarely take a "hunch" to be anything other than a subjective gut feeling. I think the dude was bored and decided to write something he was "feeling" while sitting down and watching some stupid MTV Real World or something... "D

We all know that Halo 2 is gonig to sell like crazy during any time of the year. If anything, I think Microsoft would be foolish to sell Halo 2 during November because they want people to purchase other games as well for Christmas.

As some of you know, I work part-time at an electronics retailer...every single day that I work, we sell atleast 3-5 XBox Live subscriptions and people are getting broadband...even if they don't own a computer. XBL is selling like hotcakes and will even sell more when Halo 2 is released.

Do any of you dudes realize that they are Beta testing Halo 2 over XBox Live even as you read this?

BunnyRabbit
01-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Do any of you dudes realize that they are Beta testing Halo 2 over XBox Live even as you read this?

AWESOME! I so didnt know that.

I signed the petition and plan on spamming a link to that petition to every site forum I know... LoL.

Oh and I agree Halo2 and delayed dont belong in the same THREAD!

No Fear 23
01-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

yes, i;ve known that. this gives us a clue that the game is almost finished. when its almost finished, why would they want to wait till november?? no matter when they release it, the game will sell so fast like a fat kid running after an ice cream truck.

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 01:36 PM
Honestly, dudes...if Halo 2 was the only game coming out this year for the XBox, I'd still be content. It truly is the only game that I REALLY care about buying...

Well, that and Rallisport Challenge 2 and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow...and, well, atleast another dozen games, too :D hehe

Slacker
01-10-2004, 02:17 PM
*sigh* ........he's just guessing , again , like it has been said a million times before , if it's not from the devolopers mouth it's just speculation ,,,,,,,and Jeff knows just as much about the release dates as you or I do,

TuffEagle88
01-10-2004, 02:30 PM
I don't know about Halo2, but it will be out when its out I guess. Are you sure that they are Beta testing it over XBL???? I'm sure that I've read that it wouldn't recieve any public beta testing what so ever, or do you mean that the designers and stuff are playing it against eachother???

I really don't put any faith in what gamespot says, especially if the only thing he has to back himself up is that the stores are crazy and might not know what they are talking about..... what an idiot.... as for Fable, I think that it is gonna come out when they said it would, in March of '04. Peter Molyneux has said that the combat system was finished and that that was the most difficult part and it took the longest to finish, he also talks about it in interviews as if its finished. We have also had the Fable box art for quite a while too, so I think this dude just feels like writting something to get us bumbed out. I think that its stupid and even irresponsible for someone to write an article with no purpose other than to rain on our parade without having any evidence or even making any real attempt to make his claims seem ligitimate other than his word.

Conchord
01-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by George89
Here is a quote right out of my gamespot newsletter:

-This year will see some pretty obvious heavy hitters on the Xbox. Right out of the gate, we'll get Ninja Gaiden sometime this quarter. Halo 2 will probably be released sometime this year, too... though I wouldn't put money on an April release date if I were you. Sure, that's what all the retail sites are reporting, but they're crazy. I'll slide in another prediction here and say that we probably won't see Halo 2 until it's time for everyone to cough up more money for a third year of Xbox Live. While we're talking crazy, I'll also say that I don't think Fable will come out this year. Again, call it a gut feeling, a hunch, whatever, but yeah. Fable smells like 2005 to me-

Ok ok...I know that it's just what one person says but he could be right.

What are you doing, George? You title your post like you have some solid evidence that these games are getting pushed back again, and then I read a quoted prediction from some no-name douche? WTF?

Shadow20002
01-10-2004, 02:37 PM
BC, Fable and Halo 2 should be enough to keep me BUSY this year. :D

George89
01-10-2004, 02:38 PM
according to Ebgames, Fable is SUPPOSED to be released in June 2004....and is BC coming out this year?

RichVGS
01-10-2004, 02:45 PM
The more these get delayed, the more I fear that they'll get pushed up to Xbox 2 releases. Now, if you told me that a couple of months ago, I'd of said there was no way it was going to happen because Microsoft would not piss that many people off by doing that. But now that we know about the Xbox 2 not playing Xbox 1 games, so maybe they would risk ******* people off in order to make the Xbox 2 launch titles more attractive.

Conchord
01-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by TheVertigoEdge
The more these get delayed, the more I fear that they'll get pushed up to Xbox 2 releases. Now, if you told me that a couple of months ago, I'd of said there was no way it was going to happen because Microsoft would not piss that many people off by doing that. But now that we know about the Xbox 2 not playing Xbox 1 games, so maybe they would risk ******* people off in order to make the Xbox 2 launch titles more attractive.

wait wait wait-xenon isnt playing xbox games? I think I might have to switch back over to playstation...

George89
01-10-2004, 03:02 PM
ok Everyone....I edited the first post and I added more info from more important people.

Kraft
01-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Please note: there is no confirmation as to whether or not the next Xbox will or will not play past xbox games. Right now it is just speculation as to whether microsoft will incorperate this feature. Admittantly, I believe they really need to if Sony does it for the PS3, but I am not going to dog on MS for a decision they have not yet made.

Angell
01-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by thegamepeddler
...Halo 2 will sell millions no matter when they release it. It will be huge this christmas no matter when they release it. If Halo is still selling 40,000 copies a month, believe me MS isnt worried about the time of year...

I think this is a great point that is being overlooked to much, They wont need to wait till november to sell Halo 2 like hotcakes. Latest figure Ive seen from ebgames was somthing like 250,000 already PRE-SOLD. I mean really guys, are you going to wait to buy Halo 2 if its released months and months before christmas? Have fun waiting...

MikeMan91389
01-11-2004, 11:25 AM
hmm.. i hope its just speculation, which it prolly is, but what if it did... i would prolly b verrry angry ya no?

Doom3_
01-11-2004, 12:57 PM
I wouldnt be surprised. But the ones more likly to be delayed are things like KOTOR 2 and HL2