PDA

View Full Version : Travelling with Xbox

Raiko
01-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Okay,

In a former thread I said I was going to buy me an Xbox, which I did past week (Been Halo'ing my ass off since then :D).
A mate wanted to play on Xbox aswell, so I decided to bring it to him for an evening and bring it back.

Today, in another thread I read about people not wanting to take their Xbox out since it doesn't really like to be dragged around ? How careful do you need to be with the Xbox (In terms of putting it into a backpack, or in a suitcase covered up with pillows) to make sure it doesn't break ?

Is it possible to replace the Xbox harddrive when it breaks ?

Cheers :)

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 01:07 PM
I've brought my XBox around to several places. Just don't knock it around places.

I've brought my XBox to bed with me...makes for a great teddy bear...and yes, I was sucking my thumb at the time, too...while in fetal position :D

Variation-XBA
01-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Just bring it as carry on and protect it like gold :)

Snake Eyez
01-10-2004, 01:51 PM
I travel with it all the time. Just treat it like you would any piece of electronic equipment. I carry mine in a small duffle bag with the rest of my Xbox equipment.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-10-2004, 01:58 PM
i've taken mine a few places. generally just put it in a backpack and take a few games and controlers in the side compartments. just carry it carefully and dont bang it on walls doors etc and dont drop it!:huh:

all fairly self expalnitary

tbuk

RichVGS
01-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Treat it like it was your child (unless you have a tend to beat up your children) and you'll be fine.

Raiko
01-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Cool, thanks for the replies :)

I guess it'll survive with me, my NES from 1985 still works aswell :D

*Back to Halo*

Reclaimer
01-10-2004, 03:36 PM
I've had mine forever and it's been through some traveling. It's been banged up a bit. At it's worse, while in it's bag, it's fallen off the trunk of my car to the pavement without internal damage.
I carry my xbox in a "Xbox Travel Bag" It's just big enough to hold an xbox with some padding. There is a bit of room for 4 S-types, a slot for cables, and I clip on a travel CD wallet to the strap to hold my games.
So far so good.
Treat it well, but it's not like a small baby or something. It's fairly tough and it can take a small bit of abuse.

JDJDJD
01-10-2004, 05:40 PM
i would think that as long as you are careful with it, it should be fine

duh

mrgeorge88
01-10-2004, 06:28 PM
well my xbox is like my baby. it should be one of those items on the mastercard commercials that is labeled "priceless"
when i took it to Montana for christmas i wrapped it in airtight plastic wrap (to prevent dust) and then sorrounded it with foam wrap and then i put it in my suitcase and stuffed clothes all around it. then it was perfectly safe

l Maximus l
01-10-2004, 06:34 PM
I have one of those NAKI USA XBox carrying bags that I won from here before becoming a mod...this thing STILL rocks :D This is what I usually use to carry my XBox...the only negative thing is that it only can carry two controllers instead of four...but, it's all good :)

Xbox Owner
01-10-2004, 10:03 PM
i take it to a friends house like once or twice a week.

it's durable as hell (xbox) - you shouldn't have any problems.

people who complain about taking it places don't have any muscles.

btw, i use this (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801344) to carry it around..got it for a present, and i love it.

themoosearmy
01-11-2004, 12:52 AM
The only problem I've had with XBOX is finding a bag big enough for it, 4 controllers and a 27" TV....well scratch the TV, but I do use small duffle bag.

It's heavy and it might be suspected as a weapon of mass destruction at the security checkpoints, but assure the personnel that it is only used for good purposes.:)

MikeMan91389
01-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I take mine places at least once a week, and its fine, and i just got the carrying case, it works good, cept mine doesnt have room for controllers, i gotta take those separate :(

kenji
01-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I have one of those NAKI USA XBox carrying bags that I won from here before becoming a mod...this thing STILL rocks :D This is what I usually use to carry my XBox...the only negative thing is that it only can carry two controllers instead of four...but, it's all good :) Me too. I used to take it to a lot of places, but since all of my friends got an Xbox, I don't have to take it anywhere. I still keep it in the carrying case even if it is under my TV.

Welcome to XBA, Raiko!:cheers:

Raiko
01-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Thanks ;)

It's amazing how many people reply to questions here :)