PDA

View Full Version : formal apology

MajorTom
01-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I recently posted a thread about the faults of my Xbox console. This thread was simply a reaction to my anger about the $300 console not working. I am posting this thread to apologize for my mean words. I have a lot of respect for the Xbox console as it is far superior to any other console. I am sure you can understand why I was a little upset about the situation because I understand the greatness of the Xbox and losing the priviledges of it is quite frightening. I am going to try to get my Xbox repaired and if I can't I'll have to start saving up to buy a new one. Even though my current Xbox doesn't work and there may or may not be a chance of my next one not working, I will not buy a PS2 or a Gamecube becasue they both suck. I am glad that I boought an Xbox even though it no longer works because I got more enjoyment out of it in the time it lasted than I would have if I owned another console for 10 years. It's like the famous cliche: "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" In closing please accept my apologies for what I said about Xbox and about Microsoft.:cry:

Nameless
01-11-2004, 08:21 PM
Its sad that you feel you have to apologize.

crucialcreation
01-11-2004, 08:37 PM
apology accepted. i dunno about dissing the other consoles that much though; xbox is clearly their superior but they still aren't embarassingly bad. also the only problem i had with that thread was that you said microsoft was the biggest corporation in the world, but i think it's actually general electric :p

SnoochyBoochy
01-11-2004, 10:06 PM
i'm sure your xbox and microsoft will forgive you.

Ford
01-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Yes and behalf of a Xbox owner i accept your apologie

Peepers
01-11-2004, 10:43 PM
This is your first Xbox to break and you still blew a gasket? You wimp. I'm on my third, yes THIRD, Xbox, and it runs like a piece of crap. When I lost my second one, I also lost several Morrowind profiles with over 100 hours each. Now that sucked. You've got a lot to learn about broken Xboxes.

Welcome to XBA.

themoosearmy
01-11-2004, 11:24 PM
also the only problem i had with that thread was that you said microsoft was the biggest corporation in the world, but i think it's actually general electric

Walmart would give them a run for their money.

LynxFX
01-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Walmart would give them a run for their money.

GE was back on top this year after placing second for the past 2. Walmart has been 6th for quite a while.

1. General Electric
2. Citigroup
3. ExxonMobil
4. AIG
5. Bank of America
6. Wal-Mart Stores
7. Fannie Mae
8. Verizon Communications
9. IBM
10. Altria Group

1 Citigroup
2 General Electric
3 ExxonMobil
4 American International Group
5 Bank of America
6 Wal-Mart Stores
7 Fannie Mae
8 International Business Machines
9 Philip Morris Cos
10 SBC Communications

Peepers
01-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

GE was back on top this year after placing second for the past 2. Walmart has been 6th for quite a while.

1. General Electric
2. Citigroup
3. ExxonMobil
4. AIG
5. Bank of America
6. Wal-Mart Stores
7. Fannie Mae
8. Verizon Communications
9. IBM
10. Altria Group

1 Citigroup
2 General Electric
3 ExxonMobil
4 American International Group
5 Bank of America
6 Wal-Mart Stores
7 Fannie Mae
8 International Business Machines
9 Philip Morris Cos
10 SBC Communications

It actually depends upon how you measure "biggest." The list will vary depending on whether you measure sales, earnings, profits, annual budget, estimated net value etc.

LynxFX
01-12-2004, 12:31 AM
This is the top of the Fortune 500 which is the defacto list. Of course the list is different for highest number of employees, and largest profit, largest net gross, etc. With all of those factored in, this is the list.

Kraft
01-12-2004, 04:37 AM
Back to the subject at hand. Tom, I have no issue with you being unhappy with MS or your xbox, but your prior thread definately didn't do a good job of stating it. I know where you are coming from as I have bought stuff that crapped out on me before... but I didn't go running into the store and posting on the web how their company was a bunch of ass clowns who had no idea what they are doing. There is a right way to go about a problem and many many many wrong ways :) All in all, I hope your console thing works out for you in the end depending on what you do.

BunnyRabbit
01-12-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Back to the subject at hand. Tom, I have no issue with you being unhappy with MS or your xbox, but your prior thread definately didn't do a good job of stating it. I know where you are coming from as I have bought stuff that crapped out on me before... but I didn't go running into the store and posting on the web how their company was a bunch of ass clowns who had no idea what they are doing. There is a right way to go about a problem and many many many wrong ways :) All in all, I hope your console thing works out for you in the end depending on what you do.

Yeah my Xbox crapped out on me.. I didnt hate it for one second.. I mean sure I took it apart and drummed my fist on the circuits.. But I still loved the Xbox and was awaiting the getting of a new one for quite some time now.. Will have son so..

:cheers:

EDIT: Oh and apology accepted.. :)

MikeMan91389
01-12-2004, 05:42 AM
apology accepted. (/me checks to see if xbox is okay) mines still okay, hope yours gets better :) I treat mine like a kid... could u tell?

jimmer71
01-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
This is your first Xbox to break and you still blew a gasket? You wimp. I'm on my third, yes THIRD, Xbox, and it runs like a piece of crap. When I lost my second one, I also lost several Morrowind profiles with over 100 hours each. Now that sucked. You've got a lot to learn about broken Xboxes.

Welcome to XBA.

DITTO!!!

Digital Joker
01-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Im not sure how old your xbox is, but I know people who've had microsoft fix them for free and covered all shipping costs despite the console being a year and a half old.
Its all in how you approach them.
I'd suggest calling microsoft and discussing it with them, but if your younger and dont have any experience dealing with customer service departments you may want to ask one of your parents or a family friend whos alittle more experienced in dealing with stuff like this.

Heavens Gate
01-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Mine crapped out with over 500 songs on the damn thing. Don't all consoles have their problems? I got a new one thanks to my warranty and it has a Samsung drive and Seagate Hard drive. I haven't had one problem since.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 06:01 PM
lol...when mine started smoking and broke, the first thing I did was take the thing outside so it wouldn't wreak up my entire house...and then I jumped in my car and went down to buy a new one! :D

One thing is for sure, I played the friggin' hell out of my first one...I don't blame it for breaking :D