PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft on Xbox 2...Info on Release Date.

Brimstone D.
01-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Great news according to the reports of IGN...

Read Full Story (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/461/461963p1.html)

Kraft
01-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Unforutnately it is all stuff that we knew. 2006 has always been their target release date and they wouldn't make the same mistake of having the xbox as large as it is. There are still many pertinent issues they have skipped over which is making me wonder... namely:

Will it be backwards compatible with Xbox?
What about these rumors that there will be no HD?
Is halo 2 going to be delayed so much it comes out for the next xbox?

MikeMan91389
01-12-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Nick-XBA
Unforutnately it is all stuff that we knew. 2006 has always been their target release date and they wouldn't make the same mistake of having the xbox as large as it is. There are still many pertinent issues they have skipped over which is making me wonder... namely:

hehe... well put man.

NO HD OMG!!!!

Shadow20002
01-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Well, no HD can be useful to reduce the size of the Xbox. Maybe we will have a new memory card that support 128 mb to save game files.

DocHoliday78
01-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Well, no HD can be useful to reduce the size of the Xbox. Maybe we will have a new memory card that support 128 mb to save game files.

But what if they make a game like KOTOR 2 where there are 1000+ blocks. I think they will still be smart enough to put in a HD. And nick dont even play around like that saying halo 2 being delayed untill 2006.

xthugking
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
no hd? im sure not smoking that joint. seriously.

my current xbox's got a 120gb hd and can't imagine the next xbox without one. They better think twice.

RichVGS
01-12-2004, 04:03 PM
First, I refuse to believe they won't have a hard drive built in. Considering that Sony is planning to have a HD, I can't see Xbox giving up on it (although I could see them trying to see the HD as a seperate item to boost profits). Besides, of all the rumors, this one is the weakest of the bunch.

Second, the backwards compadibility thing would suck, but at the same time its not the end of the world. Even when Xbox2 hits, I have no intention of selling my Xbox. If worse comes to worse I'll just buy a system select box and switch back and forth whenever necessary. Besides, you know that their will be a way to mod Xbox2 so it can be backwards compadable if it doesn't come that way (sure its a pain, but what can you do.

The only thing that worries me is the Halo 2 issue. It seems so far from the release of Xbox 2 that it would seem unlikely that Microsoft would make fans wait so long, but then again it could have been their intention all along. Just keep building it up and delaying it to the point where it only makes sense to wait to release it on Xbox 2. Who knows. Maybe Halo 3 will be a launch title with Xbox 2. We'll just have to wait and see.

Let's just think happy thoughts and not worry about it too much.

Spaztic
01-12-2004, 04:52 PM
They probably don't want to go with the hard drive because it will be easily hacked again.....maybe dvd-r?

BananaMan
01-12-2004, 06:27 PM
they better have an HD, or i'll just stick with xbox one..:cry:

MerimacHamwich
01-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
But there is also the fact that harddrive sizes are getting smaller and smaller. Take the 60 gig Ipod for example.

ShannonX
01-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich

But there is also the fact that harddrive sizes are getting smaller and smaller. Take the 60 gig Ipod for example.

thank you. and they even have technology to have 2 - 10 gig drives the size (as in dimensions) of a postage stamp. and about the thickness of a quarter... granted, that would be very expensive, but harddrives can be made very small.