PDA

View Full Version : Steel Battalion available (again)

Alex Napalm
01-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Capcom.com is once again taking pre-orders for the original Steel Battalion. The game came out last year and despite the $200 price tag, it sold through it's entire production run and has since only been available on Ebay at prices as high as $500. With the online sequel due out in March, this is a good chance for people get familiar with the game before taking their skills online.

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered myself a copy of it. I really want to get the sequel and take it online. I haven't heard anything concrete on whether or not the sequel will be sold with the controller or if the controller itself will be sold seperately so this ensures I'll be able to take LoC online once it comes out. And hell, it's also a chance to own the original Steel Battalion, a game I always wanted, but never had the cash for. Until recently. :)

Here's a link if anyone's interested in ordering a copy.

http://www.capcom.com/SB/SB_order.html

TrueBelieverUK*
01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
i wish a) i had a job that b) pays enuf for me to be able to buy that!

tbuk

RichVGS
01-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Man, I have the job and the cash to buy that, and yet I still don't want to. There is no game worth that much money (and yes, I would say this if they tried to pull something like this with Halo 2).

jimmer71
01-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Really!!! That is fantastic news, I will be ordering it right now. $220 shipped that is unbelievable.

Mr.MoJoRiSiN
01-13-2004, 08:20 PM
I wish I could afford that, Canadian pricing is incredibly high:(

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 08:33 PM
I've seen this game in action...and I must say, the game is freakin' unbelievable...and, I understand the sequel is supposedly going to blow it away. I gotta see this!

themoosearmy
01-14-2004, 01:00 AM
Looks great, prolly plays great, but $200 for one game is where I draw the line. I might pay $100, but $200 is more than the system itself, plus, is their multiplayer or anything? So after you beat it, thats it, $200 bucks to play through it once. I could be wrong though.

l Maximus l
01-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy
Looks great, prolly plays great, but $200 for one game is where I draw the line. I might pay $100, but $200 is more than the system itself, plus, is their multiplayer or anything? So after you beat it, thats it, $200 bucks to play through it once. I could be wrong though.

Keep in mind that there is a sequel in the works...and it's going to be on XBox Live :)

jimmer71
01-14-2004, 12:06 PM
I have played this at my friends house. It is freaking unbelieveable, closest thing you can get to real life. I would recommend it, after all you buy it for $200 and most likely there is going to be another shotage and you can at least sell it for what you paid for it on Ebay. :)

Alex Napalm
01-14-2004, 01:03 PM
From what I've heard the game will ship in late February. The sequel, Line of Contact, will be out in early/mid march. Line of Contact will have full online support and looks like it'll be the Gran Turismo of mech games. You'll be able to trade tanks with other users, trade parts and replay data of matches. Sounds very cool. The 40 button controller is required to play Line of Contact and it looks like you MIGHT be able to buy that seperately. Still, I'd like to have the original game as well as the sequel so I'm willing to pay the $200 for it.

And here's a link with some info on Line Of Contact.....

http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750071