PDA

View Full Version : Is Half Life 2 coming to Xbox

Servo
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
I've been anticipating the Half Life sequal for a while now and when I heard it was coming to the Xbox I was excited because I can't afford to buy a new computer. I can't find reliable information though that says it's coming for the Xbox; and from what I've read recently I may not get to play the game on Xbox. If anyone has information on this topic please write a post it would help a lot.:(

Chaotic
01-12-2004, 02:28 PM
They said it was, but first it has to make it's way to the PC and it still hasn't and i have yet to hear any sort of update on it's progress. Some hackers stole the HL2 engine/code so i guess they had to re-write a lot of the code so you wouldn't have cheaters in every online server. I'm sure you still will eventually but this will help to limit it when it gets released.

Servo
01-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info and if u know of any sites that have reliable information please list them. I hope the game doesn't get rushed because of the hacker, oh ya and do they have any idea of who stole the code. I bet someone lost their job over this.

RichVGS
01-12-2004, 03:16 PM
I doubt anyone lost their job. It was the President of the company whose computer was hacked into (so I heard).

Hard Boiled Cop
01-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Damn Hacker. I want this game so bad but I might just get it for the PC instead as it is a better version.

Servo
01-12-2004, 04:03 PM
wat do u mean a better version?

LynxFX
01-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Servo
wat do u mean a better version?
My guess is that he means, higher resolution, better graphics, mods, mods, mods, infinite # of maps, and mods.

I'm sure they are going to maximize the xbox version the best they can and voice on Live will be a really nice plus, but the PC version will be the creme de la creme.

Not only did the hacker steal the code enabling them to figure out cheats, but they got the source of Havok which is why they had to really pull the game. This would have allowed others to download the entire game and other games from the server, or compromise the server all together. Sad that it all happened though. It would be nice to be playing HL2 right now. :(

Hard Boiled Cop
01-12-2004, 04:38 PM
I've heard other gamers talking about the Xbox can't handle Half Life 2's source engine. The graphics and such. The xbox version will probably be tone down so that the game would run smoother. Its like Doom 3. They're toning it down for the xbox version.