PDA

View Full Version : Madcatz Wheel and Pedals

Chr0nik
01-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Seeing that I have recently acquired NFS Underground as well as PGR2, and I have 4 or 5 other racing games, I feel the need to invest in a Steering wheel w/pedals.

I was looking at the Madcatz site, and they list three available models for the Xbox.

Madcatz Wheels (http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/gamers.jsp?id=3)

I was wondering if any of you own any of these from madcatz?

If so, how would you rate the experience as opposed to playing with a regular controller?

Are there any other manufacturers who offer this type of product for the Xbox?

Hope I posted in the right forum.

Chr0nik
01-13-2004, 12:19 PM
I actually found a duplicate thread about this subject

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49603

My bad.

Yur comments would still be welcome though.

Ford Mustang
01-13-2004, 01:39 PM
I have the Mad Catz Micro Con Steering wheel, and I love it...It's very responsive and it feels good in your hands. No force feedback and no shifter, though. It's still a good wheel. :)

No Fear 23
01-13-2004, 02:31 PM
i just bought a madcatz MC steering wheel last week for PGR2, i hated it. i mean, theres no problems to it, but it was very difficult to controll the car. i would say that it has a deep learning curve. so i took that wheel back the next day and stayed with my controller.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 05:40 PM
My wife bought this one for Christmas:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/213521.jpg

A site to find it at is www.xbreporter.com/ xbox_steering_wheels.php

I think it is amazing! You can easily calibrate it to where it is most comfortable for you. You see, No Fear must simply be impatient...after about 2 hours for me, I was breaking all of my old records on Rallisport Challenge! I will say, however, that those first 2 hours were all about changing my entire feel for racers. Instead of using an unatural controller, you're using a real steering wheel! Go figure?!?! :D It's definately a must buy and it's manufactured very well. Very impressive... It feels like a real car now...I'll never play with an XBox controller again when playing racers...ever... :)

In fact, here's my badboy right here...just took the pic! (I love it that much) hehe

P.S. Sorry about the quality...my cell phone only is a 0.3 Megapixel camera.

No Fear 23
01-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
My wife bought this one for Christmas:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx_assets/product_images/213521.jpg

A site to find it at is www.xbreporter.com/ ( here.

I think it is amazing! You can easily calibrate it to where it is most comfortable for you. You see, No Fear must simply be impatient...after about 2 hours for me, I was breaking all of my old records on Rallisport Challenge! I will say, however, that those first 2 hours were all about changing my entire feel for racers. Instead of using an unatural controller, you're using a real steering wheel! Go figure?!?! :D It's definately a must buy and it's manufactured very well. Very impressive... It feels like a real car now...I'll never play with an XBox controller again when playing racers...ever... :)

In fact, here's my badboy right here...just took the pic! (I love it that much) hehe

P.S. Sorry about the quality...my cell phone only is a 0.3 Megapixel camera.

why dont u give the wheel a try in pgr2? try coming of clean at a sharp turn to the right, going at 150 mph and clearing it with no problem with a touch of breaks and powerslide and accelerating smoothing. i can do that all easily through my controller. RC is a simple course with no guardrails and is easy to stay on course. bascially, pgr2 is 5 times harder than rc with the wheel. it would take me 2 weeks to get used to the wheel in pgr2 and to be able to break my old records. i would recomend the wheel, but its not for me.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

why dont u give the wheel a try in pgr2? try coming of clean at a sharp turn to the right, going at 150 mph and clearing it with no problem with a touch of breaks and powerslide and accelerating smoothing. i can do that all easily through my controller. RC is a simple course with no guardrails and is easy to stay on course. bascially, pgr2 is 5 times harder than rc with the wheel. it would take me 2 weeks to get used to the wheel in pgr2 and to be able to break my old records. i would recomend the wheel, but its not for me.

2 weeks? Ah...you still admit that you could learn it, right? ;)

Honestly, who truly wants to master a game in a mere 5 minutes? If things were that easy, we all may as well as go back to the Atari days. Every game takes practice, right? If you would have started with the wheel with PGR2 and performed the stunt you mentioned in the post I'm quoting, you would feel the same way towards a controller when it came time to perform the same thing.

Come on, No Fear...is the steering wheel that hard for ya? :rofl:

No Fear 23
01-13-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

2 weeks? Ah...you still admit that you could learn it, right? ;)

Honestly, who truly wants to master a game in a mere 5 minutes? If things were that easy, we all may as well as go back to the Atari days. Every game takes practice, right? If you would have started with the wheel with PGR2 and performed the stunt you mentioned in the post I'm quoting, you would feel the same way towards a controller when it came time to perform the same thing.

Come on, No Fear...is the steering wheel that hard for ya? :rofl:

i could learn it, but i dont want to. its too anoying everytime i spin out of control on the slightest turn of the wheel :cuss:

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

i could learn it, but i dont want to. its too anoying everytime i spin out of control on the slightest turn of the wheel :cuss:

Did you try calibrating it? I must admit, I was frusterated at first until I calibrated it to my liking. It was like I was sitting in my own car, except, nothing close to a '95 Honda Accord :D