PDA

View Full Version : The Official Xbox Magazine

CodeScribe
07-14-2001, 12:18 AM
So, will you be getting the Official Xbox Magazine? I doubt I will. I can get all the news I've ever wanted on the Internet. And if they put exclusive content in the mag, I'm sure it'll be up on the 'Net the day after the mag hits stores. The only cool thing might be the demo discs. But I can usually get a good idea of how good games are by all the review sites out there.

Here's the link to set up a subscription: Official Xbox Magazine (https://commerce.cdsfulfillment.com/BOX/subscriptions.cgi)

CodeScribe
07-14-2001, 12:24 AM
Here's what they say:

Every issue of the Official Xbox Magazine comes with a ground-breaking Xbox game disc packed with EXCLUSIVE playable demos, video walk-throughs, strategies, video previews of upcoming games, special saves, downloadable cheats, and much, much more. In every issue you get exclusive inside information on Xbox games, in-depth, authoritative, and bluntly honest reviews. Plus, cheats, tips, and ways to make sure you get the most out of your Xbox!

The dics actually sound kind of cool. Most of that stuff you can find on the 'Net but, I think I may pick up the first couple of issues and if it's good, I may subscribe.

seth78
07-14-2001, 01:36 AM
I don't subscribe to anything right now. I pick up the new EGM every month and it says what games are worth playing and what is just crap and says tons of stuff on all consoles. The only good thing about the OXM is the demo disc each month since you can get the info on the net like y'all stated.

Dr_J
07-14-2001, 10:21 AM
Yeah. I'm gettin' it.

I don't see anywhere to sign up for ti yet, though.

You would think they would start signing people now too see how many they are going to need to print.

I dunno.

I'm only getting the XBox. So, I only need a magazine for the Xbox.

dances with broom sticks
07-14-2001, 11:13 AM
ummm im gettin it for sure! maybe not subscription but im gonna buy the first few issues... i can see what games r worth buying without having to wait to rent them!

Dr_J
07-14-2001, 11:21 AM
Well well well....maybe I should read the Addict's homepage updates before I open my mouth.

They are taking subscriptions. Read more about it HERE (http://www.xboxaddict.com/).

Go sign up now!!!

Dr_J
07-14-2001, 11:29 AM
I'm all signed up! 12 issues and 12 game discs for only $24.95! That ain't too bad!

November 8th can't come soon enough!!!!

CodeScribe
07-14-2001, 02:19 PM
ROFL Dr. J, you need to have your eyes checked. There's a link in my first post. :rolleyes:

Dr_J
07-14-2001, 02:40 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. I never do that. I had just got up. Yeah.....that'll be my excuse. I just got up and my eyes were barely open. Yeah....that's it.

dances with broom sticks
07-14-2001, 03:06 PM
i would sign up but it is like 40 bucks! i would rather save it towards a game then the mag. i will buy the first issue and see if i like it after that

captchronic
07-17-2001, 12:13 AM
The Mag comes out a week before the XBox system does. Its a must have. A buyers guide to your debt.

thedrisc
07-17-2001, 08:39 AM
Just signed up. put in for the bill me later option. for 24.95 you can not go wrong.

did anybody notice that they said it would ship in 6-8 weeks!! that means september!!! wooo hooo!!!

dances with broom sticks
07-17-2001, 11:37 AM
i thought it said october? oh well whatever is sweet!!!! i just cant wait!!!!! XBOX MAGAZINE! is the only pepole who get it early the people with subscription? oh well i subscribe now!

SeTH
07-18-2001, 02:47 PM
yeah I also signed up for it I like how we will get a game disc every month so we can actually play the game before we buy it!! And all the magazines that i have ordered from are by Imagine Media (PSM, NEXT GEN, XBOX MAGAZINE)!!!

dances with broom sticks
07-18-2001, 08:28 PM
this mag will tide me over for almost a week! i will play all the demos and then buy more games! (ontop of halo)

Aaron
07-19-2001, 02:22 AM
its already mine =)