PDA

View Full Version : Not for everyone but Syberia looks amazing and plays amazing!!!

Heavens Gate
01-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Don't let the $19.99 price tag fool you. This is one of the most engrossing games to come along since the MYST series. If you liked Shenmue and Myst, you will absolutely love Syberia. I was skeptical at buying it at first but I have been caught up in this beautifully crafted game. The graphics are georgeous and voted top 3 for the best graphics. We're talking Resident Evil (Gamecube)backgrounds but better. It's also very eery. Alot of churches and cemetarys and the cut scenes are great looking as well. This is definately one of my best games in the library. Alot of cool puzzles and just to roam this beautiful world is a sight to behold. The story is great as well. Give it a chance, hell, pick it up. At $20.00 you CAN'T go wrong. Just a heads up. By the way it's not a point and click game. It's like Resident Evil without the enemies except the graphics eclipse RE. I really don't understand why more people don't enjoy this type of game. It's definately a good change from all the hack and slash games out there. You need a brain to play this game.

:)

DIGITAL
01-13-2004, 01:50 PM
i was gonna get this game ,when i saw it in the store,is it point in click like old lucasarts games like manic mansion ,i hope so i miss those types of games

Heavens Gate
01-13-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
i was gonna get this game ,when i saw it in the store,is it point in click like old lucasarts games like manic mansion ,i hope so i miss those types of games

It's free roaming but when you interact with something from the environment or a puzzle, it's point and click.

Spaztic
01-13-2004, 02:04 PM
I will peep it. Is it kind of like a seventh guest?

CRAYMAN
01-13-2004, 02:14 PM
I keep "almost" getting this game but just haven't yet.
I know it doesn't have any "action" or "shooting" so I fear I may get bored of it, even though I really like adventure games.
:(

Hitman101
01-13-2004, 04:13 PM
THe game is pretty good. I played the demo some time ago on the PC version. Good if Adventure games are your thing.

George89
01-13-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
I keep "almost" getting this game but just haven't yet.
I know it doesn't have any "action" or "shooting" so I fear I may get bored of it, even though I really like adventure games.
:(

yea..If I got it I would either stop playing it halfway through, or play it through and then let it collect dust.

dances with broom sticks
01-13-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
I will peep it. Is it kind of like a seventh guest?

That was an amazing game. I remember that is the first game I ever owned for my computer. We got it in 1995 the same day I got my first computer. It took days and days to get it to install, but it sure was worth it.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 05:21 PM
Sounds interesting....however, I must admit, I am a blood, gore, shooting, and killing freak. Lots of guts, please :D

Trento52
01-13-2004, 07:22 PM
I loved that game i am gonna keep it even though i passed it. The enviroments are really good and i love the story and want more. It isn't hardcore action and stuff but it sure is interesting. Some parts are sad because of the lonely people, towns, being all forgottne and stuff. The graphics especially the water and stuff are so good IMO. Except the character model's face sometimes looks like orange. Other then that i liked this game alot and the price is good. I think they are gonna release the second one too. Maybe even this year. Very cool and artistic and beautiful game. IT didn't get the best reveiws because again it isn't for everyone it mostly lost scores on replay value, and they probably expected different gamplay.

Heavens Gate
01-15-2004, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Trento52
I loved that game i am gonna keep it even though i passed it. The enviroments are really good and i love the story and want more. It isn't hardcore action and stuff but it sure is interesting. Some parts are sad because of the lonely people, towns, being all forgottne and stuff. The graphics especially the water and stuff are so good IMO. Except the character model's face sometimes looks like orange. Other then that i liked this game alot and the price is good. I think they are gonna release the second one too. Maybe even this year. Very cool and artistic and beautiful game. IT didn't get the best reveiws because again it isn't for everyone it mostly lost scores on replay value, and they probably expected different gamplay.

Yes. Part 2 is coming soon!