PDA

View Full Version : Xbox... fixes itself....

LTM360
01-13-2004, 04:18 PM
If any of you know/care my Xbox broke mid-November 2002, I got a new one for christmas, and just put my old one in a box planning on fixing it or giving it away. Yesterday night I was bored and plugged in the power to the old Xbox, it came on and after 1 minute it didn't make the constant 'click-click' sound, but the green light turned orange, I was shocked that the sound didn't happen. I turned it off after about 1 minute, went to the bathroom then plugged in the A/V ports and turned it on again. It loaded up like normal and nothing was wrong. Everything was still on my HD, which is what I originally though was wrong with it. So now I have two working Xboxes, I told my church that if I got the old one fixed I'd give it to them, so it ended up not costing me a dime to have it fixed... But I'm gonna put it in our family room, and let my dad play some racing games I got and make sure the thing is in good working order. I cannot belive it fixed itself.... Just letting you all know if your xbox has had a problem and you still have it, see if it works!

mrgeorge88
01-13-2004, 04:40 PM
thats the xbox for ya- never lets you down

Spaztic
01-13-2004, 04:45 PM
dude my xbox was acting shafting by stalling on dvd movies and whenever a dvd or game was in....I was getting pissed and was devising schemes to get my xbox working. During the night some MS xbox elfs came and fixed my dvd rom. It has worked since. Don't know what happeded but running like a champ. I also cleaned the dvd lense....

dances with broom sticks
01-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I threaten my xbox and it works...

If it stops working I tell it I will give it 3 more chances and then im gonna drop it on the floor. It didnt start working once, and I didnt want it to know I was just bluffing so I dropped it. That taught it a lesson. It works a bit better now :D

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 05:25 PM
That's pretty creepy, man. I am confident that my first XBox doesn't work. The thing was smokin' like DZNUTZ from a bong :yikes:

AlphaRaptor
01-13-2004, 05:34 PM
What do you all do your Xboxs? :watchout: The most ive ever had is a lockup. And thats only happened about 3 times in 2 years lol.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by AlphaRaptor
What do you all do your Xboxs? :watchout: The most ive ever had is a lockup. And thats only happened about 3 times in 2 years lol.

It was so bizare, man...one minute I was smokin' some foolios in a game of Halo and then my XBox started smokin'! I guess I was really kicking their asses :D

crucialcreation
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
wow the xbox has divine powers, it has healed itself! all bow down to it! (or continue playing it). no but really ltm i just think your xbox needed some cooling off time, some time away from the pressures of life...but congrats man i hope your church gives it to some lucky child! :cheers:

LTM360
01-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by crucialcreation
wow the xbox has divine powers, it has healed itself! all bow down to it! (or continue playing it). no but really ltm i just think your xbox needed some cooling off time, some time away from the pressures of life...but congrats man i hope your church gives it to some lucky child! :cheers:

I'm giving to our youth group, so I can still use it. Acutally my dad said the same thing about it needing cooling off (I played it... ALOT) so I have kinda came to the same conclusion, I thought I had burned the HD by leaving it on watching Family guy all night. But hey, im not complaining!

Snake Eyez
01-13-2004, 07:37 PM
The reason your Xbox fixed itself is simple. It acted much the same way that women act. It became jealous of the new Xbox that came into your life. It didn't want to be your ex-Xbox, so it decided to show you that it could still be everything that you wanted from a console.

Shadow20002
01-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Snake Eyez
The reason your Xbox fixed itself is simple. It acted much the same way that women act. It became jealous of the new Xbox that came into your life. It didn't want to be your ex-Xbox, so it decided to show you that it could still be everything that you wanted from a console.

Well, i must say, there are life in our Xbox.....