PDA

View Full Version : This really ain't cool...

Digital Joker
01-13-2004, 09:20 PM
I stop by HBO once a day hoping to find new info on halo 2 and found this:

January 13, 2004 Link to this post

Bad XBA, Good TXB
Interview news: in case you missed it, the call for interview questions (that we posted in good faith yesterday) was a load of hogwash; they'd never gotten any permission from anyone at Bungie to do anything LIKE what they said they were planning. I guess the ploy worked, however, insofar as they were probably looking for site hits, and that's just what they got. (The forum thread we linked to no longer exists.) On the REAL interview front, however, TeamXbox has put up a request for questions for Frank O'Connor, formerly of Official Xbox Magazine (with ties to TXB), now with Bungie... and this one is legit. Go ahead, fill out the form on that page with your question. These will really GET to Frank. (Louis Wu 22:39:31

Link: http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=8423

Now I realize Im new here, but these are very cool forums and I honestly believe that it was a misunderstanding on the mods part here at XBA.
That being said, I think its pretty crappy for the author at HBO to make these comments.
Thats the exact reason Ive never posted there. They're completely high on themselves because they have ties directly to Bungie.
They jump all over everyone who asks an innocent question about Halo in their forums.
Like Im sorry I dont know every facet about Halo and Im sorry im not a complete Bungie fanboy. :rolleyes:
Jeez they really need to get off there high horses.

Best to be the bigger man and ignore it but I just wanted to make everyone aware.

MikeMan91389
01-13-2004, 09:24 PM
heh... man read the other threads, this was kinda ardy up a lil while ago :)

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 09:27 PM
First and foremost, welcome to XBA, the best damn XBox fansite on the net. Why is it the best? Because, together, we are the brethren...the members make this site, not the mods.

I hear ya, dude... no one likes a hothead...TXB is full of them. Of course, not all TXB members, of course...not even close.

But, one thing is for sure, we are not hurting on site hits at all. We're more like the show: Cheers :cheers: We get tons of regulars on here and welcome new hopeful regulars. That's what this place is all about. Meeting here, making buds and hopefully playing on XBL to whip eachother's asses :D

Actually, we do try hard...very hard in other areas...but, that's what these forums are all about.

Reclaimer-XBA, one of our greatest mods here, wanted to have the XBA members come up with a list of questions. I am confident that no fansite of any kind has ever thought of it's members to that scale. In fact, we do that with mostly everything here.

Like I said, this is a members website...welcome to the XBA brethren :)

Digital Joker
01-13-2004, 09:29 PM
(in response to Mikeman)

:eek:

I did look and didnt see anything mentioned.
I thought it made sence to mention it here cause this is the sub forum that the original post was in.
Sorry if I posted old news.

J4320
01-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Digital Joker
(in response to Mikeman)

You don't have to do that. There is a quote button right below their post that you can quote them on.

Reclaimer
01-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Digital Joker
I stop by HBO once a day hoping to find new info on halo 2 and found this:

January 13, 2004 Link to this post

Bad XBA, Good TXB
Interview news: in case you missed it, the call for interview questions (that we posted in good faith yesterday) was a load of hogwash; they'd never gotten any permission from anyone at Bungie to do anything LIKE what they said they were planning. I guess the ploy worked, however, insofar as they were probably looking for site hits, and that's just what they got. (The forum thread we linked to no longer exists.) On the REAL interview front, however, TeamXbox has put up a request for questions for Frank O'Connor, formerly of Official Xbox Magazine (with ties to TXB), now with Bungie... and this one is legit. Go ahead, fill out the form on that page with your question. These will really GET to Frank. (Louis Wu 22:39:31

Link: http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=8423

Now I realize Im new here, but these are very cool forums and I honestly believe that it was a misunderstanding on the mods part here at XBA.
That being said, I think its pretty crappy for the author at HBO to make these comments.
Thats the exact reason Ive never posted there. They're completely high on themselves because they have ties directly to Bungie.
They jump all over everyone who asks an innocent question about Halo in their forums.
Like Im sorry I dont know every facet about Halo and Im sorry im not a complete Bungie fanboy. :rolleyes:
Jeez they really need to get off there high horses.

Best to be the bigger man and ignore it but I just wanted to make everyone aware.

Please listen. I just hashed this out and explained everything in the sticky thread at the top of the forum here.
I talked to Louis at HBO through email, and we see eye to eye on this matter. Everything has been resolved and the natural order of the world has been restored.

There is no TXB Vs XBA Vs HBO. Everything is fine now, and plans will be carried out, with proper clearances and in due time.
I took care of it all, so please don't undue what I have fixed. OK?

Maximus, thanks man. I appreciated that. I'd offer you a beer, but it would get hot by the time it got to Seattle.
So that's more for me to drink.