PDA

View Full Version : Okay, don't hate me for posting this thread... ;o)

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm really curious...when Halo 2 comes out, do you guys plan on jumping on XBox Live right away or do you guys plan on playing through the Campaign first?

I plan on playing through the Campaign first before anything...beat the game, get a taste of all the new weapons and vehicles, etc...and then learning all the multi-player maps afterwards. In fact, I plan on not even looking at the multi-player maps until I beat the Campaign.

I have a really close buddy and we play Halo like a religion, and we kinda made an oath and stuff :D

Oh yeah, check out the poll!

Nameless
01-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I hate you.

Snake Eyez
01-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I would play through the game to get myself used to the maps and weapons.

And I hate you to Max.

sabca
01-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Multiplayer by day, campaign by night. If the game comes out on a weekday me and the of my close friends will skip school, buy it and take it home and system link. If it's on a weekend, or the following weekend after it comes out, we'll play a system link LAN with as many guys as we can. I'm sure at absolute least four people out of my friends will buy it. But I'll definitely play through the campaign whever I get a chance. It would pretty much by simultaneous, but I really can't wait to hack into mutliplayer.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 10:20 PM
hehe....Feel the hate! Woo hoo!

I just didn't want to irritate anyone (well, not too much, anyway) about posting another Halo 2 thread...but, this one hasn't been done yet...

The dude I was referring to in the beginning of the thread, my close buddy who plays Halo with me all the time, were talking about this. We actually made an oath to play the Campaign and not even look at the multi-player maps until we beat the Campaign.

Not to worry, dudes...I'll be playing on XBL, likely, the next day as I plan on taking the day off and beating the Campaign the same day :D

Oh yeah...on Legendary, too...

Duke
01-13-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
hehe....Feel the hate! Woo hoo!

I just didn't want to irritate anyone (well, not too much, anyway) about posting another Halo 2 thread...but, this one hasn't been done yet...

shocking. maximus makes another halo 2 thread.

And yes, this one has been done before.

Sleazy P Martini
01-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I'll probably spend a day or two on campaign, just to get it out of my system (still pumped from the E3 vid). Then I'll check out the live action.

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sabca
Multiplayer by day, campaign by night. If the game comes out on a weekday me and the of my close friends will skip school, buy it and take it home and system link. If it's on a weekend, or the following weekend after it comes out, we'll play a system link LAN with as many guys as we can. I'm sure at absolute least four people out of my friends will buy it. But I'll definitely play through the campaign whever I get a chance. It would pretty much by simultaneous, but I really can't wait to hack into mutliplayer.

I hear that...sounds like you have a good plan. Trust me, it's going to be tough to try and not check out the multi-player maps when I first get it :D

l Maximus l
01-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

shocking. maximus makes another halo 2 thread.

And yes, this one has been done before.

Alright, dude...you'll be the first I'll hunt down when I get on XBL with Halo 2.

ScorpionX
01-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Screw campaign, that can wait. I'm going to learn all the MP maps and new strategies. Not to mention I will probably lan for days after it comes out :D

dances with broom sticks
01-13-2004, 10:49 PM
I'm really curious...when Halo 2 comes out, do you guys plan on jumping on XBox Live right away or do you guys plan on playing through the Campaign first?

I plan on playing through the Campaign first before anything...beat the game, get a taste of all the new weapons and vehicles, etc...and then learning all the multi-player maps afterwards. In fact, I plan on not even looking at the multi-player maps until I beat the Campaign.

I have a really close buddy and we play Halo like a religion, and we kinda made an oath and stuff :D

Oh yeah, check out the poll!

n00b You even remembered to include the n00b poll! No n00b thread would be complete without the n00b poll :D

I am going to hopefully play through the whole campaign first, but Im sure I wont be able to last the whole way before I get sidetracked by live.

You know while you in the mission, you are gonna get an invite to play it on live... Who is going to be able to decline an invite to play on live? :eek:

Angell
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
I wont be able to resist jumping on live :)

themoosearmy
01-14-2004, 12:47 AM
Definately finish the campaign first, thats what I did for Halo 1. I'd like to get used to all the new stuff.

Brimstone D.
01-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Maximus-XBA is officially 10,290 days old today...Just pointless facts..:cheers:

Yankeez
01-14-2004, 01:08 AM
not sure yet, but im leaning towards beating the game first, maybe ill mix in a little multi player :cheers:

l Maximus l
01-14-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Brimstone D.
Maximus-XBA is officially 10,290 days old today...Just pointless facts..:cheers:

Wow...I'm a geezer! :yikes:

:D

Shadow20002
01-14-2004, 08:53 AM
holy....this is what we don't really know.... :cheers:

thrAsher
01-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Another Halo 2 thread? Why would you guys even buy this game? It's not like the first one was all that.....

Okay! Joking! Just joking. Don't tear my ears off, Maximus. :)

Since Halo's story was one of the more compelling parts of the game, I'm sure I'll give the campaign a go first. I don't know if I'll finish it before I hop online for some mayhem, though. It'll be hard not too go online right away. I really can't wait to play as an Elite and strike terror in the hearts of the human forces.

Just got me thinking....I wonder how many people will call in sick or ask for the day off when Halo 2 drops. I know I'm taking a week off for Fable.

Salmonaitor
01-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I'd like to play through the campaign first, but I'm not nearly as good a campaigner as I am a multiplayer, so I don't think I'll be able to wait. Plus, my buddies wouldn't let me finnish, we're all too excited to start kickin' each others butts. One thing I am going to do, is rent out the party room at our curling club and have a massive LAN pary the weekend after it comes out.

SnoochyBoochy
01-14-2004, 10:26 AM
straight up multi yo

AlBoogy
01-14-2004, 12:21 PM
My problem with Halo 2 threads is that it seems like thats all anyone seems to be looking forward to. Why look forward to a game thats not going to come out for another 9 months (those who think its coming in April, you are in denial). There are plenty of games coming out soon. Dont fall for the hype.

Salmonaitor
01-14-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Why look forward to a game thats not going to come out for another 9 months (those who think its coming in April, you are in denial).

I disagree. I have no evidence to back it up, but I think it's close and will be released in Q2. Besides, Halo is what a lot of us still play. Every time my buds and I get together, we say, "I'm so sick of these maps, I can't wait for Halo 2", then 4 or 5 hours and 8 or 10 beers later, we call it a night. RS3 has given us a distraction for now, but we all agree that it's not as fun without vehicles and the old K-Mart grenade to the noodle.

Chaotic
01-14-2004, 01:13 PM
STOP THE MADNESS WITH THE HALO 2 THREADS :cuss:

Angell
01-14-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
My problem with Halo 2 threads is that it seems like thats all anyone seems to be looking forward to. Why look forward to a game thats not going to come out for another 9 months (those who think its coming in April, you are in denial). There are plenty of games coming out soon. Dont fall for the hype.

I dissagre as well. There is no more evidence to support it comming out in 9 months as there is it comming out tommorow. Its that simple. Even if it doessnt come out for another 9 months... whats the problem with looking forward to something that gave us so much entertainment in its predicesor? Just a thought

No Fear 23
01-14-2004, 03:49 PM
damn, i do not know yet.

i want to play the awesome singly player campaign and the awesome multiplayer.

most likely the campaign. i dont care about the stats or if everybody gets a head start on me. with me new kick ass connection, im gonna play some halo on xbc more often.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-14-2004, 03:54 PM
i said play live. 'cos i'll play a level or 2, get used to the controls, maybe a bit of 2 player deathmatch with a mate, then onot live i come!

E Nomini Patri
01-14-2004, 05:25 PM
I am going to play through the campaign, because the Halo story possesses my brain. I can't stand not knowing what happens upon returning to Earth after First Strike!

After I beat the campaign and sit dumbstruck for a few hours after realizing what happened story-wise, I'll either play through the campaign again or go on LIVE and kick some butt.

BTW, Frank O'Connor joined the Halo 2 team recently and will be starting weekly Halo 2 updates (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=362443) really soon, just like Matt Soell for Halo (http://halo.bungie.org/haloupdates/allupdates.html)!

You may proceed to replace your undergarments.

armyof_one/ltd
01-14-2004, 06:03 PM
I´m not very sure, first because it may come out in Mexico two months after and everybody is gonna be talking about it while I stay quiet and say nothing, but I really dunno I do wanna know how it ends but I wanna have fun on-line.

shapoopy
01-14-2004, 06:09 PM
first i wawnna play the campaign i wanna see how cool its gon be and i wana checkout the dif weapons O YA i have a ? in halo 2 can you hold more than 2 weapons at a time

l Maximus l
01-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
BTW, Frank O'Connor joined the Halo 2 team recently and will be starting weekly Halo 2 updates (http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=362443) really soon, just like Matt Soell for Halo (http://halo.bungie.org/haloupdates/allupdates.html)!

You may proceed to replace your undergarments.

Dude...that's actually huge news! And great news at that! Nice find, dude!

I remember good ol' Matt Soell....it was cool reading about the first Halo's progression...good stuff...in fact, it's kinda fun to look back and reminisce once in a while :D

l Maximus l
01-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by shapoopy
O YA i have a ? in halo 2 can you hold more than 2 weapons at a time

So far, the only thing that has been disclosed is that you will be able to hold one weapon in each hand...but, the disadvantage is, you won't be able to throw any grenades.

I'm not sure if you can hold two different weapons or not since nothing has been shared with this, either.

BunnyRabbit
01-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
I hate you.

Thats what I planned on saying before I even came in the thread. LoL.
Oh and I am with ya Maximus. Im planning on taking Campaign and beating it. I might not though. I dont want to beat campaign really fast and I think that the want to play it Live will keep me on Campaign for endless hours so I may play it online.

So I guess Ill play a level or two offline. Check out offline multiplayer with my bro and then do some live all in the same day. But there isnt that option in your poll.. =(

George89
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
I'll have to stick to Campaign untill I get xbox live.

LINKINPARK8591
01-14-2004, 06:55 PM
i'll go full on campaign before i try any multi players things on the game.. that's what i did with the first halo and all of my games.

E Nomini Patri
01-14-2004, 08:09 PM

Dude...that's actually huge news! And great news at that! Nice find, dude!

I remember good ol' Matt Soell....it was cool reading about the first Halo's progression...good stuff...in fact, it's kinda fun to look back and reminisce once in a while :D

Yeah I almost screamed when I saw the Halo 2 weekly update thing (I actually did, but you don't need to know that)! If you haven't read the article about Frank O'Connor joining Bungie, check it out HERE (http://bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/0/news/news_detail.html&id=B57AC48D-186E-4501-ACD9-A52427E26B36). He's a lucky guy!

Yeah, I read those Weekly Halo Updates a couple months ago because I had never seen them before (I only learned about Halo about a month before the Xbox was released, I never really played games before that). I loved going through with the knowledge of the final version of Halo and knowing all the little hints he put in the updates about characters and weapons etc.

I can't wait for the Halo 2 updates! Gahhh!

DocHoliday78
01-14-2004, 08:40 PM
And i used to look up to you max:rolleyes:
J/k My buddy and I made the same decision of playing through campaign before multi. I wana have a feel for the game before i go on live so i dont hurt my stats and halo rep. I am so used to being able to be ****y and still win, that it would look horrible to get destroyed.

CC-CRC
01-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by sabca

LOL NO MORE LAN PARTYS... YOU CAN PLAY ON LIVE!

Oh i also votde for stright to live but then i was swayed by what you people sayed.. I need to learn all the NEW WEAPONS:p

PapaSKooT
01-14-2004, 09:39 PM
Online all the way!

Peepers
01-14-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm not going to swear a blool-oath or anything, but I think I'll play the campaign first. I just have such great memories of my maiden gaming session with Halo 1 on campaign, so I want to recreate that experience.

AlBoogy
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Angell

I dissagre as well. There is no more evidence to support it comming out in 9 months as there is it comming out tommorow. Its that simple. Even if it doessnt come out for another 9 months... whats the problem with looking forward to something that gave us so much entertainment in its predicesor? Just a thought

Youre right, there is no evidence to support my thought. And theres nothing wrong at looking forward to it. But it seems to be all everyone is looking forward to. On Live whenever someone asks "what games are you guys looking forward to" 9 times out of 10 everyone says Halo 2. What about Ninja Gaiden? Unreal 2? etc.. I would like to bet with anyone on here that thinks the game is coming out Q2.

J4320
01-15-2004, 06:00 PM
What I do is start the campaign, beat the first level, then check out the multiplayer maps without playing anyone, then I go back to playing campaign.

PoetSaskia
01-15-2004, 07:23 PM
the biggest questions about Halo 2 will be about the multiplayer, how many players it supports, and mainly whether or not it lags. I will probably play just a little of the campaign, just to see what the first level is like, but then I will be going onto Live to answer those urgent questions.

Conchord
01-15-2004, 07:49 PM
xbox live will always suck compared to PC, and I'm already playing Halo PC online....I dont have live though and I will never get it, so I choose campaign.

# 1 Stunner
01-15-2004, 08:11 PM
ill play the first level first then jump on live and check everything out..

Prior
01-15-2004, 08:13 PM
I would play the campaing first and when i get use to the weapons and all i'm going on live.

Conchord
01-15-2004, 08:45 PM
BTW maximus, I hate you for posting this thread.

:D

DocHoliday78
01-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
xbox live will always suck compared to PC, and I'm already playing Halo PC online....I dont have live though and I will never get it, so I choose campaign.

Yeah ok...NOT!

Pc online is so lame compared to Live. Voice communication owns over everything. PC is limited to shooters and MMRPG's. Xbox has all of that plus the sports games. Only madden and live are available on the pc. And dont even compare halo pc to halo xbox because that is just a blowout. Halo pc has a horrible game engine. You gotta have a high tech pc to run it, while plenty of 56k'ers slow down the games. On Live its broadband or nothing.

themoosearmy
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
I love Halo PC better because of online only, Halo 2's Live ability owns it up.

AlBoogy
01-15-2004, 10:37 PM

Thats a bold statement considering you dont even have Live.

Brevity
01-16-2004, 01:57 AM
I almost always go through the campaign atleast some (at times all) before heading online.

Peepers
01-16-2004, 02:52 AM

I totally agree with you. You gotta love rollin' w/ 56K's. Plus, I really don't like that voice comm is the standard on XBL. Tediously typing is much better when you're under attack. Plus, It's a lot better to have different gamertags for every game and different friends lists for every game. That whole unified on-line experience stuff is crap. Plus it's a million times easier to get killed by cheaters in PC play. :rolleyes:

I actually think that PC devs need to pull together and create a "PC Live" experience to mirror Xbox Live. Of course, that will never happen.

Ethereal S. D.
01-16-2004, 06:44 AM
The first thing I'm going to do is if there's something like counter-cooperative play (first seen in Perfect Dark) I'd get together with the other player and try to get vehicles where they're not supposed to go. (this has been done multiple times by me... have you ever gotten a warthog down the shaft and into the Silent Cartographer hologram room? I did)

Donnie_B
01-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah right!

I plan to do some or all the campaign first. Im thinking that there may be some unlockables in #2. Halo 1 was rushed out and they were unable to put a lot of different secrets in the game. New levels or weapons.

Just a thought.

Then Ill see ya on live.

Brasco

mattgame
01-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I will beat the campaign, then get some system link in, then hopefully my skills would be up enough to go online when I am able to again.

BinaryXtreme
01-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Actually, neither. I'm gonna cuddle it, rub it, and tell it stories of how I longed for it's arrival. Then make a silk case for it to be stored in. Then wake up next to it, feed it breakfast in bed, and then ask if I may play it now. Tell it to get ready now, because I can go all night baby!

BinaryXtreme
01-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Maximus......no one hates you.

As far as you know (Underbreath)

l Maximus l
01-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Actually, neither. I'm gonna cuddle it, rub it, and tell it stories of how I longed for it's arrival. Then make a silk case for it to be stored in. Then wake up next to it, feed it breakfast in bed, and then ask if I may play it now. Tell it to get ready now, because I can go all night baby!

Now you're talkin'!!

I can totally relate :D

Conchord
01-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Peepers

I totally agree with you. You gotta love rollin' w/ 56K's. Plus, I really don't like that voice comm is the standard on XBL. Tediously typing is much better when you're under attack. Plus, It's a lot better to have different gamertags for every game and different friends lists for every game. That whole unified on-line experience stuff is crap. Plus it's a million times easier to get killed by cheaters in PC play. :rolleyes:

I actually think that PC devs need to pull together and create a "PC Live" experience to mirror Xbox Live. Of course, that will never happen.

I have Roger Wlco voice Com. on PC, I have a cable connection and servers have ways to block people whos ping is below a certain level IE modem users, which is the same as required for xboxlive, I have a gamepad that is way better and has more options than the xbox controller, I can easily download FREE content that changes that game dramatically (and by 'content' I don't mean two levels for splinter cell, I mean game mods for ghost recon, wolfenstien, raven shield, HALO PC...), I have a friends list on EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAY, I would rather be able to change my name when I get tired of one I have than be stuck with one name for one account, and nearly every game has programs developed by software programers designed specifaically for hackers. Any other reasons why you think you know more about PC play than someone who actually uses it?

By the way, I have a friend in south Austin who has xboxlive, and all live is is an intricate network of kids who talk ****, then leave games when you start whooping their asses. Plus, I would much rather play on live with only 16 people then on pc where I can play with 32-64. And don't give me that teamwork **** either, cause im in a clan for enemy territory, and unless you know everyone in that clan in person, it is near impossible to have organization. Yes, clans are better off on xboxlive, but that doesnt mean PC sucks. Peepers, you really should think before you speak. And stop being a little girl and admit that something is better than your precious xboxlive. opinions are such a *****, especially when morons are entitled to one.