PDA

View Full Version : rare ? what is going on with that?

odpr
01-14-2004, 06:41 AM
with all the buzz and screams of excitment that every one showed when microsft bought rare, I haven't seen (and correct me if I am wrong..) any game from rare...

where is all the games that suppose to be out?

RudedogX
01-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Grabbed by the Ghoulies was their first. It was originally meant for the gamecube and showed as much. Trust me, they're coming, and they'll be good.

shapoopy
01-14-2004, 07:06 AM
thres a rumor that Killer instinct 3 is comin out which i'll all kick youre arses;)

Raiko
01-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I was pretty disappointed when Rare left Nintendo, since I only owned a Cube then. Conker is one of the many reasons I decided to buy an Xbox aswell :) Rare does take it's time when creating games, but most of the time they're worth it :D

RudedogX
01-14-2004, 08:16 AM
Yeah, I played the new conker beta at E3, along with their other games that they had coming out. The only one I didn't play was Grabbed by the Ghoulies (and after playing the demo, I'm glad I didn't).

Anyway, those games that they had available to play were definetly some of the more promising games. Conker is shaping up nicely, and though they didn't have a playable Perfect Dark Zero, the movies that they showed seem promising. As for the third game (that I can't think of the title of right now), it was an interesting monster concept type of game. I thought it had some promise, and I think it's suppose to come out early this year.

Raiko
01-14-2004, 09:08 AM
You mean Kameo: Elements of Power right ? If that's the one, I saw a demo in a shop a few days ago, and it looked very pretty :) I'm not sure what the game is about though, but I noticed the main character was able to morph into different kinds of monsters :huh:

RudedogX
01-14-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Raiko
You mean Kameo: Elements of Power right ? If that's the one, I saw a demo in a shop a few days ago, and it looked very pretty :) I'm not sure what the game is about though, but I noticed the main character was able to morph into different kinds of monsters :huh: Yeah, that was it. The demo starts out as a tutorial as most games do, but the monsters seem to have some promise. I only worry that it'll be too easy. The demo I played was pretty easy, and I can't see my attention being kept by it for too long due to the simplicity of the puzzles.

jimmer71
01-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Just imagine Banjo on the Xbox. That was the funnest game for the N64, it would be much better for Xbox. I don't know if DK would go to Xbox or not. Are they owned by Rare or Nintendo? Because how cool would DK Country be on Xbox?

littlechef
01-14-2004, 02:29 PM
nintendo sold MS a dud here unfortunately...they new that the company were going to pieces so flogged them off for mega bucks...all the team left when they were sold....perfect dark 2 might be cancelled,without nintendo it appears that they are no good.sell them back is what i say.

Raiko
01-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Just imagine Banjo on the Xbox. That was the funnest game for the N64, it would be much better for Xbox. I don't know if DK would go to Xbox or not. Are they owned by Rare or Nintendo? Because how cool would DK Country be on Xbox?

Donkey Kong is a character owned by Nintendo, so I doubt they'll release a DK game on Xbox. Banjo Kazooie is from Rare though, as is Conker :)

I sure hope they make some games, didn't the Goldeneye team split up to Free Radical ?

ferrari
01-14-2004, 02:56 PM
what the hell is going on in this site

TrueBelieverUK*
01-14-2004, 03:45 PM
in one of my xbox mags, an issue wen rare frst moved to xbox, theres a feature about games rare could/will/wont/cant release. i'll see if i can find it if you wanna see?

Servo
01-14-2004, 04:45 PM
I'd like to Banjo & Kazooie and Perfect Dark on the big green machine.

Servo
01-14-2004, 04:46 PM
whoops, how the h!#* do i put in a picture?!

shapoopy
01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by ferrari
what the hell is going on in this site

what do you mean by that were talkin bout RARE kid

did you mean a pic from a web or a pic of what you took or sumptin?

sabca
01-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Well, I came here to post this in it's own thread but I may as well do it here. Check this out:

http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/014665/p/1

Something seems fishy about it, but I pray to everything holy that this is no lie and I can get my greedy little hands on this in the foreseeable future. As Halo is to Xbox, Perfect Dark is to the N64. I just hope they don't ruin it

[edit] Guess he did fake it. But still, I really hope this game does make an appearance sometime soon

George89
01-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I know Kameo is releasing later this year, and Conker sometime near it...I dont even know if Perfect Dark 2 will come out on XBOX (probably the new xbox)

SmileBit
01-14-2004, 06:57 PM
MS buying Bungie was arguably the smartest aquisition that has happened in the videogame industry over the past 5 years.

MS buying Rare is definitly the worst.

When Rare was sold to MS countless big name employees at Rare left for different develpment houses. Why was GbtG such a dissapointment? Because Rare now lacks any talent they had 5 years ago on the N64.

Fortunatly Rare is close to hitting rock bottom. Hopefully MS will pull them together in time for them to be a big player for XBox 2.

Perfect Dark Zero will not be an XBox title. Kameo will probably be Rares last XBox title due to hit in 2005 and Conkers will be their big/decent title for Q4 2004.

MS got shafted by Nintendo with this Rare deal.

shapoopy
01-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
MS buying Bungie was arguably the smartest aquisition that has happened in the videogame industry over the past 5 years.

MS buying Rare is definitly the worst.

When Rare was sold to MS countless big name employees at Rare left for different develpment houses. Why was GbtG such a dissapointment? Because Rare now lacks any talent they had 5 years ago on the N64.

Fortunatly Rare is close to hitting rock bottom. Hopefully MS will pull them together in time for them to be a big player for XBox 2.

Perfect Dark Zero will not be an XBox title. Kameo will probably be Rares last XBox title due to hit in 2005 and Conkers will be their big/decent title for Q4 2004.

MS got shafted by Nintendo with this Rare deal.

and how do you know that pefect dar zero won't
and youre sayin its bad with two awesome games conker and kameo