PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR Sneak Attack?

Seanyboy
01-14-2004, 09:10 PM
How do I use Sneak Attack on KOTOR? When I go into Stealth mode and then try to attack something from behind it goes into combat mode and the "applied" damage from Sneak Attack isn't applied.

Peepers
01-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Seanyboy
How do I use Sneak Attack on KOTOR? When I go into Stealth mode and then try to attack something from behind it goes into combat mode and the "applied" damage from Sneak Attack isn't applied.

Check the combat logs, are you sure? Even if you're in stealth mode, you can still be detected if your enemy has a high enough awareness to make a successful DC against your stealth skill. Otherwise it should work. (It's even glitched so that you have unlimited range for you stealth attack, even though you should have to get pretty close.)

Seanyboy
01-14-2004, 10:38 PM
But you can tell if they detect me because they come after me and I went behind this monster thing, I forgot the name of it. Do you mean check the feedback where it says all the speech and stuff?

Peepers
01-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Seanyboy
But you can tell if they detect me because they come after me and I went behind this monster thing, I forgot the name of it. Do you mean check the feedback where it says all the speech and stuff?

IRRC, when you try a sneak attack another DC is applied, regardless of whether you passed the first DC to avoid the enemy seeing you and running after you. Remember that the DC's are probabalistic, not deterministic. So a higher stealth skill will only increase the probability of successfuly evading the enemy and applying stealth attacks. Just like all other attacks, a sneak attack is not a guaranteed success.

Yeah I'm talking about the combat logs. Go to the menu that keeps a transcript of the whole game and toggle it to see the combat feedback. That way, you can evaluate what's happening when you attempt to evade an enemy or make a sneak attack.

Lord Vivic
01-15-2004, 04:20 PM
I would check the feedback.Someetimes you have to try to do it just right in order to get it to work.

Covenant_Killer
02-06-2004, 12:15 AM
ya try to check the feedback , if that doesn't work look at how high your stealth skill is if its too low its extremly hard to use sneak attack, and also what level sneak attack?