PDA

View Full Version : Just for Fun

mayo_nase2000
01-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Which Xbox controller do you guys think is the best and why.

BinaryXtreme
01-15-2004, 05:07 PM
I like the S controller. The original controllers were just way too big.

JJaX
01-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
I like the S controller. The original controllers were just way too big.

If you're a midget....

I think the S-controller blows. I cant even hit the Black and white buttons...

l Maximus l
01-15-2004, 05:30 PM
I like the Original. Though, I will commend Microsoft for releasing two different types of controllers...eventhough they took a while for the S-Type. No big deal to me, though...I strongly prefer the Original...best damn controller ever created, IMO...and most comfortable, too.

J4320
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
I like them both the same. I own both. And both are really good controllers.

BananaMan
01-15-2004, 06:19 PM
i like both of them, but i kinda favor the large one.

TrueBelieverUK*
01-16-2004, 02:06 PM
i've got 2 origionals, if i get another it will be an S, and i'll make myself used to it. most game controls aree made with that controler in mind

shaGz
01-16-2004, 02:13 PM
I dunno... I like them both, have both, use both.

The original is actually very comforitable, but the S-type is the one im more used to. I like the analog on the original alot though...

:cheers:

BORNGD
01-16-2004, 02:21 PM
i have only used the original and i am very satisfied

BinaryXtreme
01-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm about 5'8 so I'm far from a midget but the S controller feels so much better to me. The original just seems awkward. I recall a poll done by XBOX.com I think and about %70 preferred the S type too. Don't the new units come with only an S or the original?

LiquidX
01-16-2004, 03:01 PM
I like both and can play well with both. The only thing I have against the original is the oval shape of the buttons. Once I got the S the oval shape felt a bit weird. Still they are both great, well laid out, comfortable controllers.

BunnyRabbit
01-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by J4320
I like them both the same. I own both. And both are really good controllers.

The original is definitely the best. I could not own them both and use them both because after being accustomed to the original I jam wrong areas and just feel really uncomfortable with the S controller. I do however wish Original controllers would come up with different colors. Thatd a been sweet. They should invert colors and make controllers. Id have two original and two inverted originals. Sa...WEeeet! :p

l Maximus l
01-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BunnyRabbit

They should invert colors and make controllers. Id have two original and two inverted originals. Sa...WEeeet! :p

:huh:

slurmchugger31
01-16-2004, 05:47 PM
hey, i heard tat they quit making the original controller, and i think tat they have made different colors for the S-controller

BinaryXtreme
01-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Yes. I found out today for sure and they do not make the original larger controller anymore. S controllers are the only types that come with the XBOX now. They were voted out by users.

Angell
01-16-2004, 11:33 PM
I use both, and I used to be a die hard big controller man... But I would have to say that the small controller is by far my favorite of the two and the best controller Ive ever touched. :D

Ford Mustang
01-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

If you're a midget....

I think the S-controller blows. I cant even hit the Black and white buttons...

Ditto. I hate the damn S controller. The original is perfect, in my opinion...Everything about it just works well for me. :cheers: It's so stupid that they've stopped making the old ones. Moronic, if you ask me.

DocHoliday78
01-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Original, the s controller is for people with tiny weak hands:o

Sleazy P Martini
01-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme
Yes. I found out today for sure and they do not make the original larger controller anymore.

Hmmmm I'd best pick up another while supplies last. I like the feel of the thumbsticks much better on the duke.

themoosearmy
01-17-2004, 12:55 AM
I didn't like the big controller at all, not in the least, so I'm glad when I got my own Xbox it came with an S. Its perfect for my:

Originally posted by DocHoliday78
tiny weak hands:o

:p

I haven't found a game where the black and white buttons were too far out of position for me.

So, *two thumbs up* for the S.

P.S The only thing I've noticed is that the green cables have started to disappear! I ahve a green S w/ black cord, blue w/ black cord, black w/ green, and black w/ black. Those green cords are the ****!!!

Reclaimer
01-17-2004, 01:33 AM
I have 2 duke controllers, 1 American S-type, 1 Japanese S-Type, and a Intec programmable S-Type which is a bit smaller than a s-type.
I like the Japanese S-Type. The B and W buttons are raised a bit more than the US controller, and so are the face buttons. The Intec is too small, but perfect for my wife. I'll still use the Duke if I have friends over, but if it came down to it, I prefer the Japanese controller. Looks the same except the center jewel is a light green plastic disk, and the buttons are clear plastic with the color inlayed on the bottoms of the buttons.
The Dukes are also handy if you want to swing it around your head like a bolo and knock someone out.

CarGuy
01-17-2004, 09:10 AM
I like the S controller because the analog sticks have better grip. Doesnt matter to me, both are fine.

Duke
01-17-2004, 11:11 AM
The Duke owns the S. I can't stand that one.

I've got two, one's only for when people come over who prefer it, and the other's still in the box my second xbox came in.

Whenever I've had to buy a new one, I have to explain at least 3 times that I want the large one. Nobody believes me.

Angell
01-17-2004, 12:13 PM
I like the triggers and buttons on japanesse controller S, in my opinion the triggers have a lighter, better feel. I own two large controllers and two type S... this allow people with either preference to play with me... guess it doessnt matter near as much anymore.... all my friends own xboxs now and can bring their own controllers. :)

kenji
01-18-2004, 12:14 AM
I have 4 original controllers. I can't believe that they are stopping the production of the original controller. Now I can't buy replacements in case my first 4 crap out!:cry: Hopefully Microsoft will still be able to repair any controller.

RichVGS
01-18-2004, 12:29 AM
I guess I'm going with S because I'm just more used to it then I am the original. I do want try the Logitech wireless one, but that ain't gonna happen until I get the extra cash to spend on it (probably in like a month or two).

ScorpionX
01-18-2004, 12:31 AM
I have 3 original S controllers and 1 japanese controller with halo jewel :)

themoosearmy
01-18-2004, 01:27 AM
Halo jewel, from where, i want...:)

Conchord
01-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Has anyone tried out that new 'Pheonix' controller? I was it at my work (blockbuster) and it came in lots of colors, and felt pretty heavy...and what about a wireless Pelican...are these good, or should I get logitech?

MaxPain
01-18-2004, 02:16 AM
I used the original (large) controller for ever.. didn't want to try something else and get used to it.. until my dog chewed up the cord in 5 places.. so I went and bought a S-type.. I hated it at first it felt like I had to move my thumb back so far to hit the white/black buttons.. but im so used to it now.. and i like it better

Slap A Pope
01-18-2004, 06:08 PM
I got to go with the S. I like the size of the "Duke" but the S controller has a better d-pad, and the black/white buttons aren't so far from the others.

JJaX
01-21-2004, 05:08 PM
About the regular controller:

I also like the fact i can press the black & white buttons with my index finger. That saves me the trouble of having to move my thumb off the right analog.

Conchord
01-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by xbocks
Has anyone tried out that new 'Pheonix' controller? I was it at my work (blockbuster) and it came in lots of colors, and felt pretty heavy...and what about a wireless Pelican...are these good, or should I get logitech?

Thanks for all your help, guys! NO ****ING RESPONSES

CRAYMAN
01-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by xbocks

Thanks for all your help, guys! NO ****ING RESPONSES

The phoenix is a pretty good controller, I like it better than the S.
And at BestBuy for 20 bux, it's a great deal!
The white and black buttons are better positioned and the buttons are easier to press than on the Original Microsoft.
It feels only slightly larger than the S.
No response because not many have tried the Phoenix.
:cool:

Casper
01-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ford_Mustang

Ditto. I hate the damn S controller. The original is perfect, in my opinion...Everything about it just works well for me. :cheers: It's so stupid that they've stopped making the old ones. Moronic, if you ask me.

And what is even worse is that some tool in Development said ' hey, let's screw with everyone and switch around the white and black buttons' Yea...good move http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif Morons!! I hate the S controller and have 5 of the originals - I've wore through 3 already actually, so I had to stock up, due to excessive use of the white button on GR :)