PDA

View Full Version : NOOO!! My memory!!!!!

kenji
01-15-2004, 05:02 PM
I just got my Xbox back from the company that repairs it and found out that all of my memory has been erased! All my songs and games, just gone. Now I have to start over on Halo, SSX, GTA 3 and 4, and all of my other games! I wish they told me that my memory would be erased because I would have saved it all on memory cards(well, not ALL of it). Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to start from block one.:cry:

On a high note though, they replaced my Thompson drive with the best one there is drive there is.
:cheers:

J4320
01-15-2004, 05:25 PM
What drive?? And also did you have to pay to get it repaired? What did you do?

mrgeorge88
01-15-2004, 05:51 PM
im sorry kenji but what was wrong with it in the first place?

J4320
01-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mrgeorge88
im sorry kenji but what was wrong with it in the first place?
He probably had a crappy Thompson drive that always gave a bunch of dirty-disc errors and stuff.

Casper
01-15-2004, 06:33 PM
Just a note - they told you when you sent it in that you were gonna have to backup your game saves - they told me that.

And you got lucky to get the Samsung (is that what you got?) how much was it or was it still under warranty?

The Jackal
01-15-2004, 06:38 PM
ahhh that sucks.. i lost my memory before to... it's a piss off to get everything back again

nG-Punisher
01-15-2004, 06:50 PM
At least you have a working X-Box and not an X-Box that has saved games that you can't even play...always look at things on the bright side unless you are bangin an ugly chick...nevermind that sorry

Prior
01-15-2004, 08:15 PM
yea but kenji what drive did you get beacause i just finish cleaning my xbox and i'm getting a new drive but whic one did M$ give you???

WynnFire
01-16-2004, 01:49 AM
This is another reason why I am going to replace the drive myself. I just have to find another Xbox compatible dvd drive. I believe I have a thompson drive and it's giving me errors. I would rather do it myself and f*ck up than someone else do it and wipe out my hard drive in the process.

Peepers
01-16-2004, 01:58 AM
I lost all my game saves on an Xbox that stopped working and Microsof refused to even repair it, and it was my second Xbox so p!$$ off you little whiner!! You have nothing to complain about! :cuss:

OK, I'm sorry. That was out of line. I guess I'm still a little bitter about that experience. :D Isn't it funny how this stuff stays with you?

Alex Napalm
01-16-2004, 09:23 AM
They didn't evne fix mine when I was having drive problems. They just replaced it with a refurbished Xbox. Of ourse, they didn't replace my hard drive so I had to start all over as well. That sucked. How hard would it have been for them to put my perfectly good HD in my refurbed Xbox?

MiamiDolphin
01-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Man Ive been geting those Disk errors lately. Anyone knows how much it is to repair it?

Snake Eyez
01-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MiamiDolphin
Man Ive been geting those Disk errors lately. Anyone knows how much it is to repair it?

I think it's at least $100, for MS to fix your Xbox. That is why so many people just trade their box in and pay the difference for a new one.

George89
01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
When I brought it to get fixed they gave me a new one...I just havent even played some old games on it yet

Ninja
01-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kenji
I just got my Xbox back from the company that repairs it and found out that all of my memory has been erased! All my songs and games, just gone. Now I have to start over on Halo, SSX, GTA 3 and 4, and all of my other games! I wish they told me that my memory would be erased because I would have saved it all on memory cards(well, not ALL of it). Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to start from block one.:cry:

On a high note though, they replaced my Thompson drive with the best one there is drive there is.
:cheers:

I bet that's because they put a new HD in.

kenji
01-16-2004, 06:37 PM
What drive?? And also did you have to pay to get it repaired? What did you do?I think it is a Samsung. It is the one with the holes in the CD slot. I had it under warranty, so I didn't pay anything.
Just a note - they told you when you sent it in that you were gonna have to backup your game saves - they told me that.They never told me that.:cry: Oh well. I'm back to my save spot in GTA 3, so it is okay.

bobby9989
01-17-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by kenji
I think it is a Samsung. It is the one with the holes in the CD slot. I had it under warranty, so I didn't pay anything.They never told me that.:cry: Oh well. I'm back to my save spot in GTA 3, so it is okay.

Yea, a Samsung. I had to send in mine twice and I did know the hard drive would be cleared. But when you send your Xbox in they usually upgrade it to the best equipment they have.

They upgraded pretty much everything inside my Xbox.