PDA

View Full Version : Rallisport Challenge 2 Preview and Screens

Xbox Owner
01-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Find the FULL PREVIEW HERE (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/rallisportchallenge2/preview_6086645.html)

Find the SCREENSHOTS HERE. (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/rallisportchallenge2/screenindex.html)

Quotes From the Review:

"However, judging by an updated preview build we just played, Rallisport Challenge 2 is going to be pretty darn impressive, and it looks as though it's set to live up to fans' high expectations. "

"Those thoroughly impressed by the visuals in the recent Project Gotham Racing 2 will be in for a big surprise at how much better the visuals are in Rallisport Challenge 2. Extremely authentic weather effects, tremendously detailed environments and car models, a beautifully smooth frame rate, plus shockingly realistic car damage all add up to what will likely be one of the best-looking racing games of all time."

"It's already sounding impressive, too."

"The game's already got a great feel to it. The action moves extremely quickly, and analog controls let you finesse your way through all the hairpin turns and dangerous curves."

"Rallisport Challenge 2 will feature most all the automobile manufacturers and specific vehicle models that you'd expect to see in a rally game."

"There are some other high-profile racing games slated to ship this year, but it's not hard to imagine Rallisport Challenge 2 ending up as a contender for best racing game of the year--on any platform. "

wow. sounds awesome, plus, it has XBL and XSN support.:)

CMX Jedi
01-16-2004, 09:06 PM
i realy dont like the design of the HUD. but looks good

Ford Mustang
01-17-2004, 09:11 AM
I played the first one, and liked it, but I never really felt the need to buy it. I'll probably rent this one just because I like racing games. Looks good, though. :)

ShannonX
01-17-2004, 10:57 AM
i'm definately picking this bad boy up. The first was was just plain awesome.

BinaryXtreme
01-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I own the 1st one too and the pics look great but I really don't think it looks all that different from the 1st one. We'll see

Carnage
01-17-2004, 03:35 PM
I traded the first one in for CM3, and was pretty happy with my decision.

Now I have to decide again. RSC2, or CM4?!?!

l Maximus l
01-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh man...I can't wait for this game! The first Rallisport is my favorite racer of all time. I beat the game twice and am playing through it again with my new steering wheel :D RSC2 is going to PWN!

By the way, when people in here play racers, in what view do you prefer? I prefer the first person mode where you can see your hood only...just like you're in the mofo :cool:

Unreal
01-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
i'm definately picking this bad boy up. The first was was just plain awesome.

WynnFire
01-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I prefer the first person mode where you can see your hood only...just like you're in the mofo :cool:

Yeah, that's the only way to play isn't it? It's the coolest, most realistic experience, especially in rallisport. Rallisport 2 is gonna rock! I think I will buy a steering wheel for that game.

Kortiz
01-18-2004, 07:40 AM
The perfect racer will have an in car view. I want to see my steering wheel. I want to see it move, I want to see the windshield get dirty and then my wipers clean it.

When that happens......add in the awesome gameplay RSC had and you have the perfect racer. Oh and online multiplayer too. I think that is in this one, right?

PoetSaskia
01-29-2004, 06:14 PM
I was just over at gameinformer.com and they have some screenshots of RC2 at nighttime that look just dreadful. I tried to post a link, but it didn't work. The daytime ones look sweet, but the nighttime ones are really bad. I'd rather they leave the nighttime racing out altogether if they can't make it look any better than that. Yuck!

Chewy
01-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Well guys, I just posted my preview of this game yesterday. I have been playing it for just about a week now, and it sure is a sweet game. The gameplay is fun, but the thing that blew me away is how this game looks. I could only wish that we had FPS with the look that this game has. It is a sight to behold. Rain, snow and mud are all well done. I don't really have any complaints about any of the "in game" parts of this game. With the preview build I played there are still some issues to get fixed in the menus and track loading times, but they are pretty minor.

So from someone who acutally had his grimy little paws on the game, yes, it rocks.

PoetSaskia - they did a pretty good job of the nighttime tracks. The lights on the front of the car are really nicely done.

Fosho - It definatly has an in car view.

Maximum - I know the realists are going to hate me, but I like 3rd person view. With the camera hovering behind the car. And with RC2 they even have the rain impacting and obscuring my view in 3rd person, it was great.

dudeman48174 - the HUD is customizable, so hopefully one of the setups will be what you are looking for.