PDA

View Full Version : HALO 2 March 2004? Is this confirmation?

Jafo232
01-16-2004, 09:57 PM
I can't believe I am posting a HALO 2 thread, but I would looking through the list of XBOX Live games on the microsoft website xbox.com, I noticed a link for HALO 2, and it says:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/halo2/default.htm

Game Information

Publisher
Microsoft Game Studios

Developer
Bungie Studios

Street Date
March 2004

Price
$49.99

Rating
Rating Pending

So is this the official launch date or am I have I just not read enough of the HALO 2 threads to realize this is wrong?

E Nomini Patri
01-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Only trust Bungie, everything else (including Xbox.com) is just speculation. Trust me, when the actual date is out, you will know.

Reclaimer
01-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I have a feeling it's going to be later than that.
Yeah, I said November last year.. But I was just messing around. I'm thinking early Summer.

But at any rate, trust what Bungie says.

Jafo232
01-16-2004, 10:10 PM
I guess I just don't understand why you wouldnt consider MS a reliable source on this since they are the publisher?

X-Fan
01-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Street Date
March 2004
thats ur answer.

colosso
01-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Jafo232
I guess I just don't understand why you wouldnt consider MS a reliable source on this since they are the publisher? because they always push back the good tittles,this is why people don't believe on them anymore.:argue1:

mrgeorge88
01-16-2004, 10:37 PM
i swear ive heard every date from feb to july

themoosearmy
01-17-2004, 12:59 AM
The only consistant date(s) is early april.

Like the above, only trust Bungie, they do a REALLY fine job with confidentiality (those sons a....)

Ford Mustang
01-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Haha. We can only hope it will come out that early. As long as it comes out before summer so I can spend the whole time playing it, I'm all set. :cheers:

ShannonX
01-17-2004, 11:01 AM
the reason bungie hasn't said anything regarding the release is because they are totally clueless about when the game will be finished. Yeah, it may be one of the best games out there, but if people keep seeing the game pushed back, and pushed back, they will go to other games.

Anybody remember duke nukem forever. They say the same thing bungie is saying. It'll be released when its done... blah blah.

J4320
01-17-2004, 11:35 AM
I have a good feeling it is coming out in April though.... They are giving a lot of little hints here and there.... Bungie is even working on a new website for Halo 2!!!!!!! Now that would be helpful!:D Everyone just hang in there. It's coming soon:p

l Maximus l
01-17-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm with Jafo on this...I think it's going to come out near March...could be April...but, I'd still be tickled in all of my pink spots if it even came out in May :watchout:

J4320
01-17-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm really happy now that we get weekly halo 2 updates!

Lucifer_Hawk
01-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I just hope it can come out in the next 4 to 5 months like everybody thinks, be lucky they still saying thats it. What if it was moved to November/December release, then you would be pissed. Just be happy the supposed release is soon

J4320
01-17-2004, 12:54 PM
I hope it is released soon. Why does everyone think it might come out in November? :eek: Bungie said they were 90% done a few months ago. But they also said the last 10% is the hardest part.:confused:

BinaryXtreme
01-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Again, I'll believe the release date when I see it on the store shelves.

Yankeez
01-17-2004, 03:58 PM
halo 2 is coming out in november ya thats right i said it! :D

No Fear 23
01-17-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez
halo 2 is coming out in november ya thats right i said it! :D

nope, it'll come out December. there i said it

Reclaimer
01-17-2004, 04:42 PM
You guys didn't here the news? Halo2 will be an exclusive on the Xbox2.

Jafo232
01-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA
You guys didn't here the news? Halo2 will be an exclusive on the Xbox2.

I thought it was Xbox3? :rofl:

No Fear 23
01-17-2004, 04:55 PM

u know, i meant december 2010 where xbox 4 will come out

l Maximus l
01-17-2004, 08:13 PM
What's Halo 2? :watchout:

No Fear 23
01-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
What's Halo 2? :watchout:

according to my sources, i believe its 2 halos that hoovers above your head, but why 2? used to be one.

MerimacHamwich
01-17-2004, 08:39 PM
Howcome everybody decided to not believe release dates now? I mean, if you were ever gonna believe anybody, believing the publisher would be your best bet.

You see, Bungie can work on the game all they want, but if Microsoft pulls funding, guess what, they have to finish it.

ShadowWolf
01-17-2004, 08:42 PM
The only confirmed release date was that MS said it wouldn't come out earlier than April. Take as long as they want, just as long as it's flawless.

MerimacHamwich
01-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Read the goddam thread!

Jeebus Krust! What is with these new poeple.

Microsoft listed it as coming out in March 2004. Obviously that contradicts your statement.

J4320
01-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Who wants to count how many Halo 2 threads we have?

LynxFX
01-18-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by J4320
Who wants to count how many Halo 2 threads we have?
Well, there are exactly 1,365 Halo and Halo 2 threads. This is just threads that actually have "Halo" in the title. There are definitely more threads that deal with Halo 2 or Halo that have a title like "OMG, ThIS RoXxErS" or something like that.

As for this thread, I believe the date, or at least the vacinity of it as the new updates on bungie's site lead you to believe it.

E Nomini Patri
01-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Howcome everybody decided to not believe release dates now? I mean, if you were ever gonna believe anybody, believing the publisher would be your best bet.

You see, Bungie can work on the game all they want, but if Microsoft pulls funding, guess what, they have to finish it.

I'm sure Bungie would post a release date if they knew it, which they have been saying for a long time. And the publisher can't publish a game until it's finished, so they can't know the release date until the game is finished.

Microsoft would never pull the funding for Halo 2 just to get it released. They trust Bungie to make the best game ever and will give Bungie whatever they need to accomplish that.

Microsoft does not push Bungie around to do anything they want except to make a great game.

J4320
01-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Well, there are exactly 1,365 Halo and Halo 2 threads. This is just threads that actually have "Halo" in the title. There are definitely more threads that deal with Halo 2 or Halo that have a title like "OMG, ThIS RoXxErS" or something like that.

As for this thread, I believe the date, or at least the vacinity of it as the new updates on bungie's site lead you to believe it.
Are you really serious or are you being sarcastic?:yikes:

MerimacHamwich
01-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Starwars, I think you are missing the point. Halo 2 has been in development a long time. I personally think Halo 2 fever has gone past it's peak. Microsoft doesn't want Bungie to be developing this thing until the end of time. Microsoft is spending money for Bungie to make the game. I have no doubt in my mind that Microsoft has a limit in thier producing fund pockets, just like every other producer. They don't want to spend so much money that they can't make it back in sales.

That is especially a danger when a game starts losing hype and anticipation, which I think Halo 2 is. I believe there is evidence of this in the recent threads popping up, where poeple sound annoyed at the fake release dates constantly being pushed back.

Sure Microsoft wants Bungie to make a good game, but there are other more important things at stake, such as money.

I'm not saying Microsoft is pulling the plug on Bungie but I am saying that it's actually more pertinent to believe the release date of a publisher than of a developer, as the developer is being provided with its means to make the game by the publisher.

E Nomini Patri
01-18-2004, 06:10 PM
Those are some real good points, but in my opinion, the hype for Halo 2 is just starting up, especially with the weekly updates starting. I guess I notice this more than lots of people here at XBA because I visit the halo.bungie.org forums daily. We get lots of ideas and speculation for the story every day, and a lot more people are joining who have just started playing Halo because they waited for it on the PC; now they want to learn about Halo 2 after just getting on the bandwagon.

I think (not know) Microsoft makes enough money from software and hardware that their funding limit for developers isn't going to be broken any time soon. It will really balloon once Halo 2 and the rest of the big time games are released, so they aren't too cautious with giving away funds to their developers.

***Sits back and watches the Halo 2 trailers for the millionth time with 5.1 digital surround sound on a 20" flatscreen w/ S-Video input...

MerimacHamwich
01-18-2004, 06:18 PM
I hate it when I inter-mix the words producer and publisher. That's a side effect of being involved in the game and movie industries though, I guess.
:)

E Nomini Patri
01-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I guess you could say the "Publisher" "Produces" the game, but heh, I dunno :)

***Wishes Friday could come sooner than Thursday...

LynxFX
01-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by J4320

Are you really serious or are you being sarcastic?:yikes:
Serious. That's a lot of threads. :D

bretman1234
01-18-2004, 09:03 PM

Nope, you're all wrong. I heard Bungie went soft and just made it a PS3 exclusive!!!:yikes:

CLOUDJU
01-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Xbox 2, I though Microsoft sold Bungie to Sony and now it will be out on PS3 (is keeping up with fad:p ) heheheh

But to stay on topic. Dont believe any date (even if it is from X-box.com) because thet are just "Guess" dates. The only real date will be revealed during the weekly X-box Updates, so stay tuned to them.
:D

No Fear 23
01-18-2004, 09:12 PM
after halo 2 is released, i'll have no life :D :) :( :cry:

themoosearmy
01-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Even though the March 04, and April dates seem soon, really, that is only about 2 - 3 months away. Looking at the update thread again and watching all the trailers (that I saw as well back in november), I don't think the game has that much more left to be completed. The 8min gameplay trailer shows a virtually complete mission (talking Npcs, "objectives", etc.), so it looks like the game is pretty much "done" from a core perspective. I suspect its down to the tweaking phases by now. (If not closed beta/playtesting). Again, all that was completed when I saw them for the first time 2 months ago.

P.S. Microsoft knows they have the potential game of the year already on their patform, a guaranteed platinum seller because the fanbase is already so large.

****also kicks back and watches the trailer again...again...again

^edited for typos:watchout:

happyhotdog
01-19-2004, 12:21 AM
your an idiot if u think halo 2 will come out any time near march, there and take that to the bank

and if i hear 1 more noob talk about halo 2 i am going to scream

DocHoliday78
01-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by happyhotdog
your an idiot if u think halo 2 will come out any time near march, there and take that to the bank

but what if it does......THEN WHO IS THE FOOL NOW, FOOL!

Salmonaitor
01-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Microsoft will let bungie do what it has to do. In the past, Microsoft has released products that are close to finnished, just to get it out there and relied on patches to fix the rest. They can't do that with console games, so they will wait till Bungie says it's done. Besides, Bungie is an operating division of Microsoft, and Halo 2 will make its money back...guaranteed!!!

If this doesn't relate to the last couple of post, I apologize. I read something on the second page from Merimac and SWFM and I forgot to quote them.:)

Salmonaitor
01-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78

but what if it does......THEN WHO IS THE FOOL NOW, FOOL!

Halo 2, Halo 2, Halo 2!!! Oh I can't wait...I'm such a NOOB and I love it!! Halo 2 is gonna be the best. Wow, I hope it comes out soon. Do you think it will come out in March?? I think it will. What do you think DocHoliday??:p

SOS571s
01-19-2004, 01:27 PM
From Bungie's site:

(Most everyone has read this, but I still think I should post it)

Bungie has always stood by our policy of not giving out release dates for any of our titles. To put it simply, Halo 2 will be done when it's done. We're all as eager as you to get our hands on this amazing game but perfection takes time.

So, there is no release date, but most likely it will be April because that is what most stores are saying/

George89
01-19-2004, 01:49 PM
It also could get a big delay again

J4320
01-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by happyhotdog

Your always so negative. Tons the posts that you have are always negative. Why don't they call you NegativeHotdog instead of HappyHotdog. You always are mad at nOObs just for posting. How did they ever hurt you? How are they going to leave their nOObish ways if they never post? You were once a nOOb too.

Raiko
01-19-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm still trying to finish Halo anyway ... Fekking Flood *mutter*

So far the screens on Halo 2 look great though, and there's just so many cool older games I still want to have aswell... This year will become expensive for me ;)

lotec16
01-19-2004, 03:35 PM
That would be cool if they have a commercial during the superbowl. It would kinda be a smart move, if it did come out in march. xbox's target fanbase are teenage-20's guys. and WHO watches the superbowl. Kinda makes sense.

Have like a 25 sec commarcial and at the end say the date, could happen, probly won't, but that is their fanbase right their.

No Fear 23
01-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
That would be cool if they have a commercial during the superbowl. It would kinda be a smart move, if it did come out in march. xbox's target fanbase are teenage-20's guys. and WHO watches the superbowl. Kinda makes sense.

Have like a 25 sec commarcial and at the end say the date, could happen, probly won't, but that is their fanbase right their.

that would be a good move for them. but it cost alot of money to air the commercial. even if this happens, its like pocket change for bill gates.

E Nomini Patri
01-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by SOS571s
So, there is no release date, but most likely it will be April because that is what most stores are saying/

The stores just want pre-orders. They don't know the release date. Wait until Bungie says something.

Originally posted by George89
It also could get a big delay again

There isn't a release date yet, therefore it can't be delayed.

Conchord
01-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Salmonaitor

Halo 2, Halo 2, Halo 2!!! Oh I can't wait...I'm such a NOOB and I love it!!

GREAT ONE MAN! LMAO!

I kinda want to see halo 2 bite the big one just so everyone can be disapointed, but i get the feeling it wont be.....[cough] halo 2 e3 video [cough]

WARRIC
01-19-2004, 05:31 PM
I t wont be out for march boys you know it wont just look at doom3 and halflife 2 think "CHRISTMAS 2004" I hope not but games releases are this simple. if its in the shops its out and thats as accurate as you get with games:cry:

LINKINPARK8591
01-20-2004, 12:45 AM
with all the release dates thrown out there i don't really know what to believe anymore.

themoosearmy
01-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Bungie has always stood by our policy of not giving out release dates for any of our titles. To put it simply, Halo 2 will be done when it's done. We're all as eager as you to get our hands on this amazing game but perfection takes time.

Although they say this, it is also an old comment. They said in this article that the xmas 03 dates were inaccurate, and when e3 rolled around, the playable trailer they had already looked pretty well developed. There is no more proof of an april release than there is for an xmas release so I'd like to hope for april.

We'll just ahve to wait on those weekly updates...

MerimacHamwich
01-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Hamwich's theory of relativity.

Thread size is directly proportionate to the number of idiots that post in them.

IE: The larger a thread gets, the more idiots start posting in it.

Casper
01-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Hamwich's theory of relativity.

Thread size is directly proportionate to the number of idiots that post in them.

IE: The larger a thread gets, the more idiots start posting in it.

And you being one of them I see, way to add to the ratio.

If you don't agree with the thread idea, simply don't post in it. It's not that hard, is it?

Again - nothing has been announced by Bungie - therefore, no release date is official.

Time to let this baby sink to the bottom